Angry Birds Olympics
  • The Olympics start in July. Why don't we have an AB Olympics? The highest scorer from each world could play a couple of difficult levels against each other. I don't pretend to know how to do this logistically or whether it even could be done, but it might be fun, if possible. If not, well, it was a novel idea.
  • 32 Comments
  • Interesting idea. Would have to figure out how to validate scores though. Maybe the top 3 from each world???
  • That's what I was thinking. Could possibly have countries represented?
  • Did you see the video posted by Flassari? I think it was on forum about gender of WB. Also, Burbman (??? or someone) suggested that Piglantis will be an Olympics game.
  • The game is already:
    http://coca-cola.angrybirds.com/
    In Chinese.
  • I haven't seen this featured elsewhere on ABN - newsworthy!
  • @antixi -- Any chance you speak Chinese? Could use some help with translation to get game started.
  • yeah..i need help translating to play
  • @antixi -- Thanks for your help. I can't seem to copy the Chinese characters from the screen to a translator. Are the three levels with the gold locks only playable if you 3-starr all of the first 7? The drums seem to be related to breaking / moving the coke caps. But not clear to me how you score on them?? Any help appreciated. Thanks
  • tried registering and keep getting the exclamation point at the top? Not too sure what I'm doing wrong
  • Not sure. There are 2 tabs on first screen. To register for the first time, you need to be on rightmost tab so screen looks just like the pic (link above) except for exclamation point. When you are done, click the words in the retangularish white outlined box below. I have no idea what the 2 check-boxes are for, and didn't check them. This is an interesting exercise -- Navigating in Chinese when you haven't a clue. Never could find a "full screen" option when I did get into the game. There are some real differences in this one, so it's worth the effort.
  • This is @SuperMadBlueBird 's @Angry_BrownBird comment in BP forum:
    Coke or Pepsi?
    If you like coke (I think coke is way better)
    http://coca-cola.angrybirds.com/
    Happy flinging! :)
    10 levels
    5 just for free
    2 levels require special drums to get to unlock
    3 levels for getting a score of 10 000 000+ from 7 previous levels
    Really fun game. Enjoy. ;)

My response:
    I'm not sure how you unlock the 2 levels you say need special drums, but you may be correct. When you complete a level you get a score in stars and another one in drums. You get the drums by hitting the coke caps and maybe the coke bottles. It may mean you have to have hit most of them???
    @SuperMadBlueBird -- How did you figure out you need 10 000 000 to unlock the last 3?
  • Seems as though my "Nickname" was already taken. I used a more elaborate one and it worked fine.
  • Thanks JPng! Does that mean you can get English version?
  • Does anyone know how to unlock the 2 golden levels?
  • @Kartflyer -- See my comments under SMBB's comments that I copied above. I think they unlock if you hit enough of the coke icons (bottle caps and bottles). Mine unlocked while I was trying to get 3 stars. Can't open game at all so far today???
  • I read FAQ, it say like winning some gift if top score for a week.

These activity is running for 6 weeks.
    Week1:30.05.12-05.06.12
    2:06.06.12-12.06.12
    3:13.06.12-19.06.12
    4:20.06.12-26.06.12
    5:27.06.12-03.07.12
    6:04.07.12-10.07.12

Prize:1 AB plush doll & 1set of coca cola gift.
  • @all So it looks like we missed a whole week!!! : (
    I think I will start a new forum on the game, since we (me mostly) have kidnapped this one from Duffy's original intent. Sorry Duffy.

@PJng beat flassari to the translation, but the following is @flassari 's response to question I asked in White/blue bird physics forum:

For the uninformed, the coca-cola game is here: http://www.icoke.cn/services/og/cmps/2012olp/pt/ab/abf.aspx

First tab is "login", second tab is "register".

On the login tab: "email"(not the nickname), "password" and login button.

On the register tab, the input boxes are in order "email", "choose pass", "confirm pass", "nickname".
    First checkbox is "remember me", second checkbox is "send me marketing email from rovio".

Then the button centered is "Register!"

Have fun you guys!
  • @mvnla2
    some word i use Google translate, so may not exactly meaning.
  • @PJng -- Looks like I cross-wired my brain to misspell your name. Sorry. Will try to correct in future. Went back and corrected mentions on this page.
  • @Duffy -- I thought I said this yesterday, but was without internet most of the day. Anyway, I'm really sorry I kidnapped your forum. To get it back to it's original, very interesting, topic, I think it would help if you edited the title. If you look at your main post there should be an edit button next to the date. If you select edit, you will be able to edit the post and the title. "AB Olympics for Players" might distinguish the intended topic of this forum from the AB Chinese game that was recently released.
  • Ok. But I wonder if there is enough interest to do this. Your thoughts?
  • My remark above should have been @ mvnla2. Sorry, keep forgetting that.
  • @Duffy, I think the only way you will find out how much interest there is, is if you change the title of the forum. I think people would be interested. If you look back, you and I were the only one's discussing your idea. Then this forum became focused on the AB Chinese Olympics game. Another possibility is that you start a new forum with AB Olympics for Players as title. You might send e-mail to Slim explaining why you're starting a second one, and also to @Flassari, who works for Rovio. They might be interested, and Flassari pays attention to what is going on in ABN.
  • @mvnla... Thank you. How do I email them? I mean I know how to email but I don't have addresses for them. Never emailed anyone via AB. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
  • @duffy You can send an e-mail to anyone who is an ABN member by using the @username in the post. They will get an e-mail notification that you mentioned them with a link to your comment. So Slim's username is AMSlimfordy and the Rovio guy is Flassari. Just put and @ before their names and they should get an e-mail. BTW, since I use @ Flassari (without the space) in the last post, he should get an e-mail. He is in Finland, so if he answers, it will be tomorrow (Finish time).
    You might want to read the FAQs under About on the gold bar at the top. Not sure that this is explained, but it has a lot of useful info.
  • @mvnla, Many thanks for your help. It's been a while since I've read the FAQs - refresher course in the works. My short term memory barely exists anymore & my long term is not much better.
  • @mvnla, I contacted Slim & Mr. Flassari today. I've been having some Internet & wifi issues so I only got to it a few hours ago. Will let you know when & if I hear back. Thanks again for your help.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!