Whoot! Finally Logged into Facebook from AB2

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Whoot! Finally Logged into Facebook from AB2

• [Edit 8/10/15] I don’t know what’s different, but tried logging into FB from AB2 again today, and amazingly enough, I’m logged in. What worked was trying to log in 3 times in a row, but when I tried that previously, it didn’t work.
    [Original post:]
    I can’t log into Facebook from AB 2. Does anyone know how to get around the problem? It is even worse that the Epic FB problem, which at least I have been able to work around with a lot of irritation. I’ve tried the Epic work-arounds with no success:
    1) Try a hard close of all apps in the background, then try logging in. If at first you don’t succeed, try hard close and try log in at least 2 more times.
    2) After you’ve given up on one; hard close all apps, do hard shut-down of device, and then try #1 two or three times.
    Neither of these has worked for AB 2, and I’ve tried #1 at least 4 times after hard shut-down.
    I play on iPad 2 with IOS 8.4. It looks like if I try deleting and reinstalling I will lose what little progress I have so far (level 26?).

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I guess the message is that even if you are able to log in to FB from Epic on an old iPad 2, you may not be able to do so for AB 2. The only solution seems to be to buy a new iPad with as much RAM as you can. I don’t even know if they have options for RAM.

burbman
    @burbman

I do not think I have ever had a problem with AB2 and Facebook staying connected like I do with Epic. If I recall, I set it up at the very beginning, and it automatically populated my friends list with others who were playing, so that as long as I had internet access I was prompted with a list of potential gift recipients each time.

One thing I do like about this app is the Facebook interface is more of a gifting one versus the requesting of gifts from some of the other AB family of games.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy @burbman — How much RAM is there on your device? Also Burbman — what device are you playing on?
    Got permission to load AB 2 on HWDNF’s iPad mini. Still can’t log into FB from AB 2. Turns out he has one of the lower end mini’s, and it only has 0.5 GB RAM, which might be the same as the iPad 2.
    I sense an early birthday present in my future. : D, but in the meantime : (((

burbman
    @burbman

I have no idea how to see how much RAM there is on an iPhone. I play all my AB games on my 2 year old iPhone 5s, though it is getting harder to do with levels like the latest Pig Days level because of all the detail being so small on the screen.

ScottyUK
    @scottyuk

Same problem on an iPhone 4S :(

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@scottyuk — Before starting AB2, you need to make sure that all apps running in the background are closed, and do a hard power down and restart of your device, then check to make sure all apps really did close.
    If you have only 0.5 GB of RAM, you should be able to run AB 2, but you will not be able to log into FB. To find out how much RAM you have, look under Settings / About / Model. Type that number into Google, probably with “device name RAM”. You should get something.
    I don’t know how much RAM is required. I asked Rovio, but don’t expect an answer until next week.

ScottyUK
    @scottyuk

Thanks for the tips but I’ve tried. I tried power cycling and resets but still no joy.

Shame as my son wants to compete.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Moving to first page of forum.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Whoot! Whoot! Not only was I able to log in yesterday, but today when I opened the game I was already logged in!

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 Maybe now you will show up on my list of people I can give stuff to! Poor @dragonofheart73 must be getting sick of receiving gifts LOL!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman — I doubt dragonofheart73 is tired of receiving gifts, but I’ll gladly accept some from you, and will return the favor (assuming I get a few more gifts). I already have a list of people I need to send gifts to (fairly short), but no gifts today so far.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@burbman @mvnla2 not tired of gifts! LOL but I wonder what levels do you find the gifts so I can gift them back to you guys/gals?

burbman
    @burbman

@dragonofheart73 – I usually just happen across them as I play through, but when I was working on improving my score on Level 8 it seemed to give blue gifts fairly often. Level 9 gives a lot of red ones.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman — Is there somewhere than explains the different colors of gifts? Mostly I’ve gotten 5 gems, but today I got a blizzard spell, and apparently managed to give one.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – No, the content of gifts are random (gems, spells, or feathers). Blue gifts you send to others, red ones you keep.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Whoot! Finally Logged into Facebook from AB2

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.