The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2384
  • 159688 Comments
  • Welcome home @TomPuss. Isn't that first night back in your own bed wonderful? I love a good vacation, but am always happy to be back where all my things are. Speaking of things, I have my fingers crossed that your luggage will make it back. Surely they won't lose it going and coming!! At least you have fresh thongs at home. (Are you sure she wears thongs @Kelani? I'm having trouble picturing it.) ha ha
    Maybe it's just me @TomPuss, but Marshmallow looks scared. Is he just getting to know Oliver in those pictures?

Good luck with AB Epic @Annifrid. Did you say you've started college already or are going to start college soon? I couldn't remember.

Don't let them wear you down at work today @Ma. You don't want to be tired going into the weekend.
  • Arrrr! It's Talk Like A Pirate Day, mateys! And there's a new Pig Day level to celebrate it!
  • @Rat Gonna start on Monday ... 3 days to go.
  • Good luck @Annifrid. I know you'll do well. Don't forget to enjoy it. You only live once.
    Goodness! Could I get one more cliché in there? ha ha
  • @rat Yeah - own bed and own bath-tub are best (hotel tubs are far too big, I go sliding down under the water).

Thongs - I have trouble picturing myself in them too! Can't think of anything more uncomfortable, like having a permanent wedgie. . Thong thing must be a @kelani fantasy ¥ ¥

You're right about one of the illustrations - in the second one they are indeed just meeting up, well spotted, mighty rodent, with that beady eye -:)

Luggage - never going there again. . .
  • @Rat I don't have much to enjoy. The university's about a mile away from our house, and my family's not so well off, so I still have to live at home with my mother. I certainly won't starve to death (that would be a serious danger if I moved away) but that's the only good thing about it.
  • @TomPuss -- Looks like an adorable book, but I agree with @Rat -- The bunny looks pretty nervous, even in the top pic.
    @Annifrd -- I know you'll love university, even if you have to live at home.
    I may be the only other BP regular who plays Epic. @Cosmo2503 is one of the top players, but she doesn't hang out much anymore. @Burbman also plays. An unfortunate fact of life in Epic is that you really need to have Facebook friends who play, or else lots of $. I made a separate FB account just for Epic, when I gave up trying to progress without FB friends. If you do want FB friends for Epic, I would strongly advise creating a separate account. That way you don't share your real name, personal info, and real-life friends with people you only friended to play Epic.
    Epic gets easier as you level up. Go through the first levels without worrying about 3*, return only if you need more experience to level up or more resources to craft items. If you want more help PM me and/or read the Epic forum.
  • @TomPuss noooooo. really. I'd rather be shot than wear one. Not much of a fan of them on women, either.

@Annifrid one mile?! I envy you. My first college was a 160 mile round-trip. 6 days a week.

Anyone play Plunder Pirates? It's...a very weird game.
  • @mvnla2 how far could one get without needing a FB account or piles of disposable cash?
  • @Kelani -- The video BL made decided me against playing Plunder Pirates. Just not my kind of game, nor is the coming soon Rovio release about selfies, or something.
    @Anifrid -- Have you tried AB Stella? It's pretty good, and the birds all have totally different powers than we are used to. So far I see no need to have FB friends or to spend $. I have completed all levels, but don't have 3* on some yet.
  • @Kelani -- I forget how far I got. Maybe to the Chronicle Caves, which would mean everything on the surface of the island. Maybe didn't 3* them all.
    Edit -- On the surface of the island there are only a few levels where you need to borrow a bird, and the game supplies a default one if you don't have any FB friends. You can only use him to play once a day, but you can restart the level with him as many times as you like if you don't exit the level. Once you get to the caves, you need to borrow a bird for every level. The game does give you a choice of 3, but being able to borrow birds from friends who are at a much higher level than you really helps. I'm lucky to have a few level 41 friends, like @Cosmo2503. She started playing during the pre-release, when you could get to level 41. The max level was just raised from 29 to 33 during the most recent update, so level 41 is super strong.
  • @mvnla2 It took me four days to 3* all 131 Stella levels. It'd be two if I had spent any coins.

No, I've never even used the S***** word, so I'm not going to play a game that requires it. I'm giving the Pirate thing one day, mostly because I want to see what happens to my poor little island when my 24-hour-new-player-protective-shield wears off. It should be interesting. I love strategy games, but I hate when they have have forced realtime battle. Strategic-methodical people are cannon fodder to any hyper-caffeinated 13yr old boy.
  • I should probably give Epic a try, so I at least know what people are talking about. I do love RPGs. I've probably clocked more hours playing various Final Fantasys than I have sleeping.
  • @Kelani -- Are you saying that Plunder Pirates uses the s**** word (common 4 letter swear word)? Surely not?
  • @Kelani -- Or are you saying that you are very close to using s*** when playing the game, because it is too frustrating?
  • @mvnla2 I'm talking about that other game S***** Slam. I deeply hate overused net.jargon. Actually, based on that, I probably shouldn't play Epic, either.
  • On my site, I didn't censor anything naughty, but if anyone typed a overused slang word, it'd be auto-transformed into an embarrassing sentence, ex:

Dave: Dude! I pwned that n00b in Quake!
    becomes
    Dave: Dude! I have a strange cyst on my nose!

edit: That deterrent worked surprisingly well.
  • @Kelani -- Hanging around the BP is always a great learning experience in popular culture. Had to look up both of the terms you used.
    Although I'm a pretty dedicated AB addict (do tell) and sometimes play other games, by no means am I a hard core gamer. I haven't played the vast majority of games that have been popular in the last 20? years. Before AB, I think the most recent game I played was the generation of Prince of Persia, and a while before that games in black and white.
  • @mvnla2 I'm one of the weird people who don't have a Facebook account at all. I just don't need it (except for AB Friends, but I play that logged in as my sister.)
    If there was no other way to pass those levels ... well then I won't pass them I guess :D

@Kelani I hate that S***** word, too.
  • @mvnla2 understandable. Most sane people try to avoid the subculture that uses those terms. But hey, if you're ever accosted by a gang of street toughs carrying overclocked laptops, knowing those terms will make you a few friends. :)

Video games were new when I was a kid, so I played lots. I had an old Magnavox Odyssey, Apple IIe, and two Ataris (real computers, not the 2600 game console). Now I'm a selective RPG gamer. I played the first eight Final Fantasys, Diablo, and Diablo 2. For awhile, I even paid my rent by selling Diablo 2 ingame items on ebay. :) If you think AB IAPs are bad, you wouldn't believe how many people will bid and pay $300-600 for a very special shield or long bow.

AB's the first game I've played since 2008, and I only played it because I was stuck in a hospital bed with nothing better to do.
  • @Annifrid you don't use Facebook? Wow... I thought I was the only one left on Earth.
  • @annifrid, @kelani No Facebook, no Twitter, just the Nest.. .
    Nighty night, @all
    xoxo
  • @TomPuss good for you! Although, your quickie BP video posts can be a little Twitterish :D

nightynight :)
  • @Kelani -- I don't really use FB. My real-life account is somehow the result of AB also, but can't remember why. It does only have real friends, some of whom used to play AB games, and several of whom use FB daily. I don't keep up with them on FB.
    The second account was created specifically for Epic.
  • Popping in and out real quick, the extra workday didn't do the pitb (to avoid the overuse of this not so nice word to say outloud... so pain in the behind it will be) much good.

@annifrid !! I am too, really I am, next up will be S6E12 "Unnatural Selection". I never watched it when it was aired, but when Syfy started the reruns I found out I actually enjoy watching them. But As some friends can attest to, I am a series junkie, so a lot of different ones in different themes, but Syfy/Fantasy and Detective/CSI series are the ones I do watch the first.

@Kelani ... Guess you thought you were the only one, but it seems there are more like "us" Yup, the only "social" I do is YouTube, but only for the videos of AB.
  • Mister @Rat I agree it does feel a bit like bragging to talk about the good one does, but one can also try and see it a different way (I say TRY as I am not succeeded in getting rid of that feeling either)... with examples the givers share others might get ideas and the pay it forward movement picks up speed?? Maybe not, but your story is inspiring and I am sure next time someone has a similar situation and is in the means to do so, they will do the same and create another smile.
  • night night already @TomPuss ? or just shutting the virtual world to enjoy the real? You pictures yesterday were AMAzing as usual, give a big [[hug]] from the dutchie star to that photographer of yours!
  • Going to try and talk like a pirate arrrrr matey! Me is going to slice up some bacon behinds tonight... or so I hope... wish me luck :)
  • @all haven't read back (yet)
    Update on smashed iPad The cheapskate I'm married to, who smashed the thing in the first place, has whipped it off for a replacement glass. Back tomorrow apparently. I was so looking forward to a new iPad air :-(
    Now have lua.files.itis There was no way it was leaving me until I backed up all my scores. Where was a computer literate twelve year old when I needed one? But I did it, eventually
    Wales Road Trip pics on the way (once I can work out how to do it on PC. Upside I can type really quickly on PC)
  • Arr Harr Me Matey
  • And on the radio this morning, lots of misheard "Pirates Day"
    Pilots Day:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GaElH0EHjIs
  • OB Talking to myself..
    Never mind, a little snifter please, whilst I post some photos
  • @hunnybunny I can't believe you settled for a replacement screen. Where's that bunny rage that will not be denied?
  • @kelani I'll get it, just pandering to his male "I'll get it fixed" ego
    OMGiraffe Did I just let slip a female secret....
  • @kelani going to keep my mouth shut as I don't want to make you cry, but if it makes it any better I liked Las Vegas and New York CSI best. But I meant CSI as I don't know the word to sum up the genre of the CSI, NCIS, Castle, Mentalist, The Closer, Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Ilse, Bones, Criminal minds, Law and Order, Unforgettable, Person of Interest, Elementary and so and so on...
  • @hunnybunny hahahahaha I think you are correct, Thanks for that shot, I love it!
  • Wow those are some strong feelings @kelani I actually don't mind his acting... but agreed it's on the edge and I know my brother feels the same way. Thanks for the new word (yup, not even ringing a small wee little bell here) Is this the fancy way or do ya all call it this way?
  • @EStar I'm at S06E07 :)
    I began watching the show in June for research purposes because someone had chosen 'Stargate' to be the theme of our summer camp this year. My original plan was to watch a few episodes to know what's it about, but I liked it so much I eventually decided to finish it :)
    (That's why I don't usually watch any series. I get addicted to stuff way too easily.)
  • @estar you want the non-fancy term for brain-damaged seal? ;) Nah, that's the TV industry/advertising term. I guess we'd call it a crime drama or cop show.

My strong-feelings list is short, but even though I don't watch the show, Caruso still squirmed his way onto it. That's not easy, so maybe he has a talent after all. :)

edit: lol. the second I posted this message, I looked at the TV and his face was staring at me. rofl.
  • @Hunnybunny Awesome pics of that castle :)
  • @annifrid same here... same here... :P
    Not that surprising as we all are here because of an addiction to the birds!

@kelani He knows.... *spooky music* he knows WHahhaahahah

Off to enjoy an episode or two... three... depends on when my eyes will start to feel have... episodes of Stargate. Night night my birdie friends!
  • Count my vote for no Caruso CSI. The writers aren't doing him any favors either. Or does he come up with that crap himself?
  • @estar (this can wait til tomorrow, so get back to your stargate)

Did you ever watch Leverage or Burn Notice? those were both good. crime/spy drama, but pretty funny. (official term: dramedy) :p
  • Also no Facebook! More of us out there than you'd think.
Post in the New Forum!