The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2324
  • 159787 Comments
  • Hey everyone. ;) I haven't read back to much yet. .
    I had the sherriff at my door today on #13 by @micromax , who quickly posted an apology and an explanation.. so I'm good with it.. happy it wasn't someone using pu.
    @TomPuss @fenikus awesome videos! ! Isn't it ironic Animals who are sworn enemies can get along like that? , but humans who are supposed to be the 'smarter more evolved' cannot:(
    Hi @Annifrid glad to see you back! !and @bernersenn happy to hear you feeling better:)
    OB I'll have a Marmoset killer please:)
  • Are You Kidding Me !!!!! Princess!!!! Stop it!!!!
  • Sorry @kelani
    candy crushing
  • Interesting forum @BirdLeader thanks for keeping us in the loop :)
  • Huh ? Why the dot @hunnybunny that my old trick haha edit button not working?
  • My first attempt at a post was inappropriate
    Then I tried to ask a question about HH and it all came out wrong
    I gave up
    And I always save a . in drafts when that happens.
    Then I pressed the wrong button
    I'm tired, best I go to bed......
    Goodnight @kathy @kelani
  • @hunnybunny Shake things up: next time replace the dot with a !

nighty :)

edit: speaking of candy crushing, any of you seen the esurance commercial about it? I think it's an old lady beating candy with a hammer, or something.
  • Hi @kathy, thanks for the invitation.

Actually was about to visit one tuesday to complain about the power ups especially on sw2 rotc after noticing how impossible some levels were even to average.
  • Hey @micromax Nice to see you stop by. Don't blame you about the SW2 thing. Seems a lot of people aren't playing it for that reason.

edit: btw, congrats on the #13 trophy.
  • @hunnybunny atta girl. Now everybody's gonna wonder what's gotten you all riled up. :)
  • Hi @micromax happy to see you . OB would you bring max whatever he'd like on my tab please; )
  • Hi @kelani, thank you. That #13 was some work to get, but I knew I could do it and doesn't it feel gooood when it finally happens. Much better than a lucky shot...
  • I haven't played sw 2 yet but i imagine a lot of pu users there:(
  • Very kind @kathy, that would be sctoch & cloudberry liquor then ;-)
  • Ya HH #13 was a tough one. .!! Thank goodness @kelani figure it out lol.. and then we both beat him @micromax .sowwwyy @kelani. .:P just incentive for you too try again ..it took a lot of flinging. .
  • @Kathy well, technically the swaps are sometimes needed, so I think most everybody has to use them sometimes. Some people just go nuts buying 4 perma-vaders per level (or altering the game to get them for free).

yeah yeah, wait til PC comes out :P
  • The first episodes of sw2 are not that bad, but you may wish to avoid rotc and of course myd which is all about pu's.
  • Indeed @kelani as @kathy said I owe a lot of nice scores to you among few others. Keep writing those excellent instructions. If anybody would take #13 away from me again, I'd love it to be you or Kathy.
  • I'll pprobably never play it because I'd get to frustrated and i refuse to pay money for such things.
    I'm soooo mad right now. .I order a new charger from Amazon for 9.99 paid 18.28 more for guaranteed next day shipping. Which meant today. .Now it's not coming till tomorrow! !
  • @micromax well, thank you. I've been trying to get video recording working well on PC. When I do, you won't have to read any more 5-paragraph strategies from me!

I can guarantee the battle for #13 isn't over. :) I've been limiting my time in TT/HH so I don't get tired of it before PC ver is released.

@Kathy what time of day did you order it? There's a cutoff timer.
  • @kelani I ordered it yesterday morning and i received an email today that said it had shipped and be here by 8:00pm tonight. .then i just checked the tracking info and it said 8:00pm tomorrow! ! I also just posted a not so happy review and got a reply that my 'review'could not be posted in its current form. .haha screeners. . Whatever I want my $18.28 back!! It's 50% the cost of the item almost!
  • Gotta get some sleep now, but one of these days I'll let my inner Mr. Mackey give his opinion on pu's ;P
  • Night @micromax glad you stopped by; ) hope to see you again. .
  • @micromax lol. I'd love to see that. :)

@Kathy how's it being shipped? usps/ups/fedex?
  • @Kathy, the not so happy review you tried to post -- was it for the product you ordered? If so, how many stars were you trying to give the product?
  • heh, if y'all think I write long strategies, you should see one of my negative reviews :D
  • @micromax -- Welcome to the BP!
    I have 3* in all of SW II without spending any real money, but I haven't looked at the leaderboards recently, and I imagine I'm not above average on many, if any, levels any more. It's fun as long as you forget about being above average. It is interesting that early on in an episode's release, some of the high scores are obtained without character swaps. The levels that literally require character swaps, like Master your Destiny, have an added challenge if you want to 3* them without spending real money.
  • What about your positive reviews, @Kelani? Are they short and sweet?
  • @Kathy -- It looks like you paid twice as much for next day shipping as the cost of the item.
    Contact Amazon customer service and ask for a refund of the shipping charges. They are usually pretty good about that. If your review was for the charger, but you were mostly complaining about the shipping, I can see why they wouldn't post it.
    BTW, I've also had some negative review rejected; not by Amazon, but by other supposedly objective review sites. The reviews were factual, and not nasty, just justifiably negative. So much for trusting reviews on the internet.
  • @mvnla2, I always read Amazon reviews before purchasing any product even if I'm going to buy it in a brick and mortar store. It seems to be the best repository of objective product reviews on the web at the moment. If they are screening for reviews that don't really have anything to do with the actual product (i.e. shipped late, doesn't fit, etc.), that's a good thing in my book.

So far, Amazon can't do wrong by me (knock on wood) so I never had to talk to them. It's good to know they have fine customer service though.
  • @fenikus Pretty much. If all's good, what else is there to say?

@mvnla2 I used to trust reviews until I learned how many of them are fake. I've had some factual ones rejected before also. Usually by Lowe's. Turns out you can say anything negative about the product, even using profanity, but mention the company in a non-positive light. That's a no-no.
  • @fenikus -- Somewhere I have a mouse-pad from Amazon thanking me for being a customer during their first year, and I continue to use them quite a lot. I do worry, however, about their dominance of the internet marketplace. I also prefer brick and mortar bookstores, because it is easier to browse in them than on-line. However, the nearest real bookstore is miles away, and as you know, I live in LA.
  • I don't think they like it when you talk prices either. I often see redacted sentences that talked about purchase price or how much the item costs elsewhere. I guess that's understandable.
  • @Kelani, well…if you're going to rate the merchant, there are other venues for that. There's a site called resellerratings.com that seems pretty good. I often consult it if I find a product at an online seller that I'm not familiar with, especially if the price is too good to believe.
  • @fenikus Sorry, not the merchant. The product's manufacturer, or any competing manufacturers. I had a review bounced for saying "Starting in 2014, Husqvarna reduced this model's power and fuel capacity by 10%. The product website reflects this change, but the box and owner's manual included with my product still had the 2013 specs."
  • Yeah, that is strange. Did they give a reason why they rejected the review? Did you call Lowe's and asked them what's up with that? The only thing I can think of is that they may have some kind of deal with certain manufacturers.
  • O.k @mvnla2 @fenikus @all Yes the review I wrote Was Not about the product but about the delivery issue which is what they stated for rejecting it. Good news is they are crediting me the shipping charge And the cost of the charger;) so basically I'm getting it free. I'm a little worried now that i complained they will send me a faulty product. .kinda why i don't send a meal back in a restaurant , I don't want the cook to spit in it lol..hopefully I'll have the charger tomorrow night . In the meantime a kid at my work has the exact same charger and has been letting me borrow it during the day so i have a full charge on the tablet when i get home. . Is now at 65% which should last me the night.
    The phone inn the other hand is a problem. .the port is loose so its hard to keep charged. .I'm due for upgrade but they didn't have anything i wanted atm. The good news on that is I have an old phone which charges just fine but has cracked screen sleep I'm using that as a backup battery; ) ok then that's that; )
  • I agree @fenikus 'Brick and mortar'store better And it help inn so many more aspects:)
  • @Kathy, no worries -- if you're worried about someone at Amazon spitting on your charger, just blow on it for few minutes with a hair dryer ;-)
  • Roflmao @fenikus I'll wipe it down with purell..haha:D
  • @fenikus your strat /video on HH #6 looks so easy lol..have been at it all day. My Big red doesn't have the oomph that yours does on that first shot i must say. I can't get the whole thing to blow as you did ..sweet spot?
  • @Kathy how was it supposed to be delivered? usps/ups/fedex?

@Fenikus No reason whatsoever. The mfrs know the power of reviews, so the same way they have exclusivity deals, where a chain won't carry their competitors, you know they have some deal saying block negative or competitor-mentioning reviews.

Add to that between 25-35% of all reviews are fake, I look for the ones that seem smart, but not too smart. :D
  • I'm not sure @kelani I imagine UPS cuz i always see there trucks in my neighborhood
  • @Kathy, I didn't say brick and mortar stores are better. They're good for some things, online is better for other stuff. I honestly don't remember last time I bought an electronic product in a store. Shoes on the other hand, I never bought online ;-)

Edit: And why would I pay $50 for for my refrigerator water filter at Lowe's when I can get it at Amazon for just over $30? I mean if it was $2-$3 markup by Lowe's maybe…but almost double the price is plain ripoff. Oh and yeah…Lowe's is not as bad in terms of finding someone to help you, but does anyone actually work at Home Depot?
  • When i got home at 5pm the track record said 'shipping now'expected arrival 8pm
    Then when i check at 7:30 it said Friday 8; 00pm
  • @Kathy, for HH 6 you don't need such good destruction after 1st shot. If the falling TNTs can finish the same job, it's all good. The third bird is crucial.
  • The last electronic I bought was from Amazon, but it came from a B&M electronics store - Adorama.
Post in the New Forum!