Total destruction on SG-16 with the Mighty Eagle is Possible (screenshots) Page 5
  • 275 Comments
  • Ya I don't have any of those...but really it just looks like the others. If only I could've captured it on video that would have been more useful.
  • Got 100% on 1-16 tonight on Ipad. BB did all the work.
  • hey Phantomdagger u forgot me man ive gotten that dumb eagle 3 times on my ipod my friend dans ipod and my iphone!
  • 100% total destruction in Season's Greedings 1-16 after couple off weeks trying:-))))
  • Did mine on iPhone with the @Andreas189 method - had the pinch from left to right bouncing off the slingshot platform. I will admit that 3 of my 99% attempts were due to BB just not having enough momentum to plough through all the blocks. 1 of my 99% attempts was due to the white bird slowing down BB such that he reached, but didn't break, the ground level snow blocks on the right hand side after bouncing off the slingshot platform. When I did eventually get the feather BB had enough momentum to actually mount the white bird and roll over him on his way back to the right. The main difference between attempts was the momentum that ME conveyed to BB. If it is enough then it doesn't really matter what is in his way.
  • Is the rank that is displayed at the top of a SS worldwide or is it just for a region or some such thing? I ask because with all the SSs posted up here it became apparent to me that either there is a display glitch, a calculation glitch or there is a weird system for ranking as people with much lower scores than others have much higher ranks. My brain immediately went to thoughts of Photoshop but tbh it could be a glitch and I don't know exactly how it is calculated. I am not talking about small variations that you would expect within a month of people playing the game and passing one another, I am talking huge variation. Also the fact that the Santa's hat glitch has been removed from SG seasons makes me think that there wouldn't be a huge amount of movement at the pointy end of the board. Just an observation on my part... maybe it's just that I am a skeptic at heart (aka science education) but I couldn't figure it out and wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

My basis for comparison are the very thread I post in now (several SSs here), http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/427/seasons-mighty-eagle-hall-of-fame/p1 and http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/2011/08/mighty-eagle-walkthrough-seasons-greedings-level-1-16/ (the comments sections).
  • @AMslimfordy your last point explains it perfectly. I was wondering how a score of just over 200K could be in the top 10K where as a similar score from someone else could wouldn't even break the 75K rank mark. I made the assumption that the board couldn't have charged that markedly in the last month since ME was introduced to AB Seasons and people have been trying to get this feather. What I had not considered was the normal vs. HD version of the game. You have removed me from the quandary I had found myself in, thank you.
  • 100 %, TD, I did it! Followed the main strategy, blowing BB away in the reverse direction and back. There was no single block left :)
  • I give credit to those who have pulled this off. The best I have been able to do is 98%. I have tried every strategy above, with no luck. Biggest problem is BB bird disappearing before ME gets there.
  • @selpats20 If you send BB really high up, almost 90 degrees, then it will take much longer for him to arrive at the blocks. If you immediately send the eagle after BB the can of sardines can even be faster at the blocks.
  • 100% destruction pix..
    http://twitpic.com/6o22ce
    http://twitpic.com/6o21s6
    http://twitpic.com/6o21zk
    Anyone know if its possible to video tape the screen on iphone rather than just doing a screenshot? I'll video the around the world phenomenon if theres a way to do it.. I swear its not an illusion. It's happened more than once and you can see the path of the blocks missing on the right side before BB comes back and hits the blocks on the left.
  • Finally! Please add me to the list of total destructors - about 2 weeks of trying and 100% using the flick back method. x 2 99%'s in the taxi on the way to work and a total clearance yielding only 93%!!! one snow block left tonight for the TD. I will keep trying an all bird method as I've had 98% a few times......
  • You can add my name to the list of those who have successfully achieved 100% destruction on this level. It is possible with this method so just keep slinging those birds and you will get it!
  • Which method, exactly, @mlk1963? :) And congrats!
  • So here is a quick re-enaction of how I got 100%.

Step 1 - white bird destroys some of the first snow blocks. This is not super important but not dropping the egg allows the bird to disappear faster - something you DO want so it doesn't get in the big bird's way.

Step 2 & 3 - aim the BB high but at an angle for it to drop in the middle and plow to the bottom (very important to get the BB to fling backwards and come around again). Quickly after throwing the BB throw the can so it lands on the blue ice blocks close to the left side. The angle is tricky because it needs to be just right so when the eagle comes down it hits the right of the bird. Picture here: http://t.co/1WzmzTfv

Watch the BB get flung to the left, ricochet offer wall and come around again to clear out the bottom row. Picture here of the BB coming back around: http://t.co/ALlwoV48

This shot got me 99% this time but used the same method to get 100% earlier. My feather proof is attached here: http://t.co/zzO9WFWN

Hope this helps some others!
  • Phantomdagger - I used the method that andreas189 used and a little bit of luck! I had hit 98% about five times then I got lucky and got 100%
  • Thx for your screeshot cybrxs, i got 100%

Yeehhaaa
  • I did it!!! Thank you for the screenshots cybrxs. After at least 50 times at 99% I finally got it with your method. The only deviation, I did the same first shot as the walk through video, the second shot straight up (not touching the slingshot base), the can I shot right after BB and straight up to land where cybrxs had on his picture (on top of the first ice block). Now I can start sleeping again!!!! I have a picture of total destruction, how do I post it?
  • i finally got 100% thanks to cybrxs your method is the best
  • Got it today. Finally!!!!!! Since ME was released for Seasons I had been trying. Hours and months. Crazy!! Good luck for those continuing to try. Your day will come!!!
  • This level is making me insane!! I have been at it since they released Total Destruction for seasons. I rolled through all the levels in two days minus SG-16. I have never looked into help for angry birds until this level. I have been able to get 99% using cybrxs method (98% using andreas189 method) on one hand I wish they would update this level's tolerance and on the other i want to be one of the few to actually get this level before they do. with that, does anyone know if they are going to update this level? and when is the next update for any of the angry birds (i have all versions including the free versions all beaten three stars and all feathers minus this one)? any extra help on this level would be appreciated and thank all of you for your input thus far.
  • @jjtnike10 Yes, Rovio has stated that the threshold will be lowered in the next update.

We expect an update to Rio rather soon. Also, Seasons Free (iOS and Amazon) is two seasons behind.
  • Oh, I did this on my iphone. And the lines in my diagram are goofy because you have to draw them with your mouse. I'm not mouse capable apparently!
  • Yay I'm glad to see my method worked for so many. In the end it's not luck after all...although it is still hard you now see it IS doable. Good luck to the rest who are still trying!
  • I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!!
    Finally after 3 weeks :) please add me to the list...let
    me know if u need a pic
  • I used part of cybrxs and some of my own moves along with everyone else's hints. but eventually sardines were where the flag pole is and BB where the first pig lies. and white bird nested up where line 2 is on the above diagram. got the roll and poof...all gone :)\
  • My husband and I both have iPhones and have been using Andreas189's technique to get the feather. Hasn't happened yet but the red bird ABSOLUTELY flies off the right side of the screen and comes back across from the left. We have both done it and my husband has not only gotten the red bird to roll across the bottom from the left but it has also flown in from the left because the ME hit it so hard. IDK...
  • I have not yet achieved the feather (99% twice) and it took me a VERY long time to get the three stars back in the day. So officially, this level is the hardest one for me in the whole AB universe. Why does this make me smile? 16 December is my birthday. :-)
  • 100% at last using @andreas189 add me to the list. Thank you and goodnight. Lol x
  • @elcapitan, I agree, the method proposed by @cybrxs appears to be the one which requires the least amount of luck. I've been trying it off and on but haven't had the time to get a full session with the method. I will try some more in the next few days and hopefully I can get something on video. Thanks to the both of you for this describing this method in detail. I'll be in touch. ;)
  • Got it! Finally. You guys are awesome for figuring it out! Now for some sleep.
  • @fujitoast

I know what you mean on the on and off attempts. It's annoying to start all over as we've all made 10k + shots using Andreas189 method hoping for the luck. But, once I committed myself to getting cybrxs modified Andreas method down, rolled up my sleeves and learned each shot with my eyes closed, it worked. I said previously 5 hours...but it was probably a couple of hours. That was a conservative guess. Again, once I committed to it, I saw immediately that with everything in place, chances are very good you'll get it. Then it became like a, "normal", AB situation where every shot has to be perfect with a LITTLE luck. Not wheelbarrel fulls of it. And this is consistent with many difficult levels of AB. A LITTLE luck, combined with perfect shots.

It was a leap of faith starting all over on a new technique after flinging and flinging and flinging and flinging x10k. Once I got the shots down, it became clear that this method wasn't so much about luck.
  • Agreed it still IS difficult (especially because you don't have much time to get the exact shot after BB), but it will work. In the end the 100% is about getting all the middle meat (wood and ice) destroyed. Some snow blocks may remain but probably not too many. You can almost predict the % by the number of wood/ice remaining subtracted from 100. Nonetheless getting FULL destruction is also possible.
  • just got 98%... 100 seems impossible... I wish they would update 1 - 16
  • Holy smokes! That was, without a doubt, the most annoying feather to get. I too finally succeeded with the cybrxs modified Andreas method, but I still think that it was luck in the end. Twice I had only 2 blocks on the screen and got 99%, then had 3 blocks and a piece of wood and got 100%. Go figure. At least it's done!
  • Finally got that bad boy! Now back to trying to achieve smash maniac in the original...
  • Done this TD 100% twice now using the original Andreas flick back method, again one snow block left. Would be keen to know if this was the way rovio intended it to be done when they programmed the level or whether it can be done with all birds too because as yet no one has cracked that method. Both my TDs on iPhone.
  • @rege One user has obtained the feather using all birds, but it seems more difficult.
  • I need help with this. Bb always seems to stop at the wood when rolled back...
  • I GOT IT! Yeah I used all caps because I actually yelled that. Ask my girlfriend. It's on video and will be uploaded tomorrow morning.
  • Rock on!

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/2011/08/mighty-eagle-walkthrough-seasons-greedings-level-1-16/

A big thanks to EVERYONE here who contributed to this huge success! I know the battle is not over for many of you, myself including, but if nothing else we now have a video to compliment all the strategies mentioned here.

Keep up the great work everyone.
  • Current list to date! And there's finally a video! Yay! :D

Andreas189 [iPod] -- twice
    huney7bear
    Habanero
    KThomp2847 [iPad]
    Zach [iPod/iPhone]
    tusabbcl (First to shoot BB high)
    cwheels
    jbuccino (First to pioneer the "circumnavigation effect")
    The Sci-Fi Bard (Shot white bird low with dropped bomb)
    AGENT KATMAN4 [iPod/iPhone]
    swainpuppy22
    angelbird
    dbas4040 (Also claimed that BB circumnavigated the globe)
    Panthro21
    hotmess85233 [iPhone] (Also claimed that BB circumnavigated the globe)
    natureswrath [iPhone]
    Phantomdagger [iPad] (Was following natureswrath, but the strategy was the same as Andreas189)
    cybrxs
    Samirov [iPad]
    lumik
    oegerikus
    rege -- twice
    mlk1963
    SkuiGi
    calimom [iPod/iPhone]
    Carlos de los Santos
    sassy
    elcapitan [iPhone] (Seems people are starting to cite cybrxs now)
    emmy66
    jackos1995
    delaine313
    LokiRav13
    jkl5026
    FujiToast (Wooooooooo!)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!