Total destruction on SG-16 with the Mighty Eagle is Possible (screenshots) Page 4
  • 275 Comments
  • another strategy is take the white bird and make him angled at as HIGH as it cood go and as soon as u launch him drop the egg so he goes flying up and comes down at the farthest snow blocks at the right and takes those out then launch the bb thru the snow and then launch the mighty eagle straight after that and do the steam role techneek to get rid of the rest thats how my friend dan did it if ur confused abt the white bird u have to launch it at a SUPER HIGH angle then as soon as it starts launchin drop the egg then have the white bird go flying up off the top of the screen and come down at an angle so it lands like directly on the flag at the right of the structure and tht will slow it down and it will take out all the right snow blocks
  • I just got 100% using Andreas strategy. I will tell you how it worked for me. I aimed the first bird at the middle of the fist flag and dropped the egg on the snow blocks then I threw the bigbrother bird in the exact same spot as the first bird then immediately followed with the sardines. The mighty eagle will swoop down onto the bigbrother bird and take him through the right side and come back through the left side of the board. This left me with one snow block left on the board. It only took about a thousand tries but I finally got it. The best piece of advice is aiming the first bird at the middle of the first flag. Good luck
  • what do u mean it will come from the left!
  • Nice work on the walkthrough AMslimfordy and FujiToast ... that's the method nailed perfectly and most of the luck too. I used to use a straight (non-arced) red but I think the method here is actually better in terms of big red lingering. Notice how big red cannons off to the left, probably hits the slingshot base and cannons back across again.
  • @habanero, yeah you are right on. I found that popping BB up and then waiting to fire the can until BB starts coming down and basically bouncing the can off the wall that BB creates is the best way to stay consistent. I did use the straight shot method (not popping BB up in the air) as well but BB would RARELY hang around long enough to get stomped by the Mighty Eagle.
  • I watched your walkthrough and saw how bigbrother bounced off the platform when I got 100% bigbrother got hit by the eagle and got shot off the right hand side of the screen and came back through the left hand side. I am not making this up I landed the sardines to the left of bigbrother and the eagle came down on an angle from left to right and on a 45 degree angle and hit bigbrother and pushed him to the right and came back through the left. It seems to happen once every 50 or so tries but it did happen. I did not through bigbrother up high I just followed the first bird I through at the middle of the flag and followed bigbrother with the sardines. All 3 birds at the same angle that is what worked for me. Hope this helps
  • dbas4040 finally put it in terms I could understand, and tonight, it paid off! Thank you Angry Bird's Nest!
  • I am glad someone took my advice and it worked. I am happy for u panthro. It's a great feeling isn't it
  • Hey all,

I have been trying a myriad of different methods of completing this level and just thought I would share what I have so far. The 5 bird method looked pretty promising for a while for me but upon destroying the level, having 2 blocks left (twice) and only getting 93% and 94% I decided to ditch that and move on (I am guessing that ME threw stuff out of the field of view because the %s really should have been higher I would have thought). The key to the 5 bird method, for me, seemed to be just like the first shot in the below method and then following that up with the BB at the blue glass near the middle of the structure. This resulted in the middle of the structure completely collapsing and all the ice to the right being taken out with the first shot. Then it was simply cleaning up the right with the remaining birds and taking out as much of the left as possible with ME (if anyone wants SS of this I can probably try to replicate it again but I just didn't seem to be getting high enough %s to make it worth more attempts).

Disheartened with that method I moved on to a combination of a couple of the methods described previously in this thread. A series of the SSs that depict what I do when attempting this level are as follows;

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8272/step1yw.jpg

This SS needs a bit of explaining. You have to just clip the edge of of top-most, horizontal wooden plank with the white bird after you have deployed the egg (to get some extra damage). You can see from the SS approximately where I deployed the egg but the firing angle or egg deployment point isn't important, clipping the plank is what matters. When you hit the upper-most horizontal plank, without hitting the vertical plank that is supporting it, the white bird will (9 times out of 10) proceed to smash into the furthest right flag. When the white bird hits this flag he is stopped mid-fall and drops to the ground, conveniently taking out all of the ice to the right of the structure (sometimes you only get the 3 blocks furthest to the right but using a lower firing angle with the white bird, just skimming over the top of the left flag, seems to give better results here and will almost always take out all of the ice to the right of the structure).

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1341/step2ya.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3039/step3j.jpg

Steps 2 and 3 are done directly after one another but I found, as others have also, that waiting until BB has started his decent and getting the sardine can to fly just over him will often produce better results. I used the high arc for the fact that BB sticks around a lot longer with this method.

Below is how it should look if you get it all right. Landing the sardine can on top of the piece of wood, like shown, tended to give me the extra height I need to get the rebound off the 'slinging platform' to the left before BB then steamrolled back to the right (as shown in the movie above made very kindly by FujiToast). This wasn't an essential requirement and I sometimes got the rebound if the sardine can was touching BB, however, if the can was slightly higher than BB but still touching the chance of getting a rebound seemed much higher.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9404/step4m.jpg

This set of shots obviously requires a lot more accuracy than the 'fire and hope' methods previously described and the rationale for taking this approach is as follows;

1. The first shot cleans up the ice to the right-hand side. This seems to be what trips a lot of people up as there are 3-4 blocks left when they make an attempt.

2. With practice I was getting a rebound to the left every 50 attempts or so. With the fire and hope method I wasn't getting anywhere near this amount.

3. It avoids the annoying habit that the white bird has of getting in the way of BB when he is steam rolling back through to the right.

My best result with a few solid hours of attempts is 97% (4 blocks in the field of view - all slightly damaged), but I think I could probably get over the line with a little luck.

The reason I am sharing this is mainly the fact that it is the only strategy that gave me any semblance of consistency. Hopefully this help someone out there trying to get this crazy achievement (my OCD just won't let it go...). Keep at it people!
  • A few quick thoughts...

#1) Although I don't believe that BB has ever "shot around the world" for anyone, if he HAS, then that truly is a glitch!

#2) Great job getting the strategy on tape! But, I've begun to wonder if the white bird's final resting place before the Eagle shows up may be the "X factor" that gives one's luck that final bump. The white bird can get blasted by the Eagle, too, and I've noticed very different results depending on where I choose to have the white bird end up. a) If I shoot the white bird at the top of the flagpole and drop a bomb just before impact, he'll end up near the top of the structure. b) If I shoot the white bird at the bottom of the flagpole and drop a bomb just before impact, he'll end up near the mid-level of the structure. c) If I shoot the white bird below the flagpole, he'll end up enmeshed in the snow blocks and will often meet up with the incoming BB. d) If I shoot BB over the flagpole and perform the technique described by natureswrath above, dropping a bomp late, the white bird will skip over the structure, hit the right-most flagpole, drop down, and clear out all the right-most snow blocks. That's great to clear the right-most snow, but then the white bird plays no role in getting blasted by the Eagle. Each of these options yields VERY different results for me. I've done about 5,000 attempts on EACH strategy, and certain patterns have emerged. I am now convinced that the final placement of the white bird has a significant effect on one's final clearance rate. I'm not saying that the white bird HAS to be an integral part in your strategy, but I believe that it will have an effect on your results, and there is no clear consensus right now what's best to do with it. Many people have pointed to acquiring a "triangle stack" of white bird, BB, and sardine can. Notice, however, that in FujiToast's video, the white bird is completely gone before the Eagle shows up. In my experience, I have achieved the most consistently high clearance rates (above 97% or above) when the white bird sticks around and makes DIRECT contact with the Eagle. With luck, the white bird will be blasted away and will help clear out some wood, glass, or snow. If the white bird disappears beforehand, then you're hoping that the eagle and BB are going to get everything else, which is just a longer shot. But what makes this level so infuriating is that as random as BB's movements are, the final placement and flight path of the white bird are even MORE random. When the white bird gets blasted by the Eagle, I have found it almost impossible to predict or control where which way he's going to go. That has made it very difficult for me to determine the correct course of action, and although I have 99%, I still don't know which white bird strategy is best.

[Edit: I read natureswrath's post just after posting this. natureswrath, I'm excited that you've latched on to a specific strategy with the white bird, and I'll be anxiously awaiting more news of your results! Your first white bird shot is great for taking out the right-most snow, but my fear is that without the white bird sticking around to be blasted by the Eagle, you're going to find that you never get over 97%. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my experience. Please let us know how this works out!]

#3) Just briefly, I wanted to mention that although people seem to prefer the "loft BB" to the "direct BB" strategy because it improves the chances of BB sticking around, I have found that it is indeed a tradeoff. Yes, the loft strategy improves the chances of BB sticking around. But I am 10 times more likely to achieve the correct final placement of the sardine can on the upper right of BB using the "direct BB" strategy. Throwing BB directly and the sardine can right after it at the same (or slightly higher) trajectory makes BB more likely to disappear, but it's an easier and more predictable routine to get them to land right on top of each other. And let's remember, if I'm correct, Andreas, the only person I know of to get 100% TWICE, threw BB in "directly" without lofting. Something has to be said for that strategy when Andreas was able to get 100% twice in a short time.

I'm so worried that all this discussion is going to become moot once the level is patched! But at the same time, this level is ruining my life! My friends say I need to enter rehab...Angry Birds Anonymous.
  • Yeah tbh even if I get all the blocks I wouldn't be surprised to see 99% with my method above... I am beginning to think that having the white bird stick around is key. Whether it merely be higher score from block impact before destroying the block or maybe some sort of interaction between ME and the other birds. It just seems to be easier to get a higher score when you mash them all into the same spot and hope for the best. It might be worth trying for a 3 bird strategy at some point if I stick to lofting BB high (maybe he will stick around long enough to quickly fire off the third white bird into the ice on the left and still get the sardine can in there also - that way I could use my first shot to clear the ice to the right), regardless of the result I will be trying to get a full clear with one of these ways.

What you said about the lofting vs. the straight shots is very true. It seems that BB sticks around longer with the loft but it can often be difficult to get the proper stack going. I fear that with all the thought that has been put into this level trying to get a repeatable strategy the end result will be that the 'fire and hope' method is going to be the best way to do it. It all seems like it is going to come down to that one perfect attempt where you get that 'magical' triangle stack...

Well that's enough AB for one day...
  • @dbas4040 It was the best feeling I've ever had in any of the games. I tried to explain to my wife for 15 minutes how big of a deal it was.
  • That's funny you said that I did the same with my wife and she looked at me like I was a 10 year old kid. I didn't care I was too proud of myself. The best feeling I ever had playing a video game I feel like I am part of such an elite group. Can't wait for more updates maybe rio can get the mighty eagle!
  • wait so u guys hav wives dont you have jobs
  • I work in University and study Number Theory. I don't have a wife (though my girlfriend of 5+ years acts that way sometimes.)
  • Wife, job, kid, angry bird addict, all not necessarily in that order :)

Anyone else here growing incredibly weary of SG 1-16? Between this and the disappearance of the exploding santa hats, I'm pretty sure SG is simply cursed for me. 98% is the best I've got so far. Ugh.

• I'm right with you @chaostsar, I had the day off today and said, "1-16, today you are mine." But alas I am still his. :( I've played this level over 8 hours just today. I've got 97% a few times, 98 three times, and 99% one time. One stupid snow block stood in my way of the feather but more importantly, my sanity. I don't swear here on ABN but you can bet a had a choice word or two for that extra block of snow. I don't know how much more of this level I can take.
  • I've grown tired of it and I'm just gonna wait for a fix. This could easily done using all birds and a reasonable total destruction threshold. Not worth my time to try and complete the nigh uncompletable. :)
  • I finally got 100% destruction this morning after thousands of tries/several hours of playing (and could probably never do it again). I'm not typically addicted to video games and never blog.. but I had to make an exception on this one b/c it took forever to figure out (definitely became an obsession since it was the only feather I was missing). Used the 1st 2 birds.. the eagle pushed the red bird off the screen to the right and came back from the left-(it definitely went off the right side of the screen-- the snow blocks on the bottom right were missing but the blocks on the bottom left were still there until the red bird came back from the left).. the carcass of the white bird had already disappeared so it wasn't in the way when redbird came back around. I was left with 1 snow block on the right hand side. I have pix but dont know how to post them (I am a technotard lol). The pic does, however, show part of the trajectory (only part of it shown b/c pic was taken after the screen scrolled in and the pic doesn't include the slingshot)- I used the same trajectory for both birds and the sardines. Had gotten 99% destruction 4-5times prior to finally achieving the feather (with many scores lower than 99% in between).
  • Can anyone expand on the BB bird bouncing right then coming back left phenomenon? In well over 10K+ attempts I have never witnessed this but there have been several users recently stating this is how they got 100%. It would be interesting to know if this is indeed possible as I can see how it would lead to a larger % of blocks destroyed. The left to right method seems, at least from my experience, a lot easier to replicate. Also I must admit I am a little sick of seeing 99% as the eagle highscore on this level. Oh well, back to it!
  • @natureswrath, I agree. I have also played this level several thousand times and not once have I seen BB fly right and come out the left. I just dont even see how it's possible, the physics in the game wouldn't allow it. I'm curious, what device are the users who have seen the "around the world" phenomena playing on? I would assume iPods and iPhones and the naysayers, like myself, are probably on iPads. I played this level a few times on my iphone as well and notice that the structure takes up most of the screen but on the ipad there is plenty of space which allows a much better view of where BB goes. Sorry "round the worlders" it's just that I've caught a lot of these things on video and played a LOT of times, so I just can't believe that I wouldn't even see it once. BUT I would LOVE to proved wrong. Anything to help me get this level finished and recorded for all to see!
  • Another question for the "the around the worlders," does BB come back instantly or does it take a little while? And when he comes back, does he come back bouncing as though he just bounced over the top of the slingshot platform or is he still steamrolling as though he went THROUGH the platform?
  • The bigbrother bird when he shoots off to the right he is rolling on the ground and when he comes back around from the left he is still rolling on the ground. You have to hit him on a 45 degree angle from left to right and it shoots him to the right ( on the ground) and he comes back through the left. Like I said in an earlier blog it took me a long time to get this to happen maybee once every 50 to 100 tries and I have only gotten 100% once. Hope this helps.
  • @dbas4040 that's impossible due to the location of the slingshot platform on the left side of the level.
  • Just curious did u get the feather. Why is it that everyone who got the feather on this site says the same thing but the ones who didn't get it say that it is impossible I am telling you it happened whether u believe me or not it happened. Read the other Posts from people who got the feather and they say the same thing. I doubt everyone who got it is lying. Whether it's a glitch or not I don't know but big brother bird goes right and comes back left don't know how and I don't care as long as I got the feather!
  • Like I said did u get the feather
  • Not yet. Been down to 3 blocks. But that's not the point. Only 2 of 8 have said BB went right. I truly believe you are mistaken.
  • Rovio should release an entire game with levels ALL as difficult as S-16 ;-)

They could call it Angry Birds: HARDCORE! and market it on its almost impossibleness

I played S-16 thousands of times and really didn't think I was ever going to get 100%, but with time, patience and trying different methods it eventually happened. Can you imagine an ENTIRE game with levels all just as hard as that??? What a challenge!!!

It'd drive us all round the bend, but we'd play it anyway, cause the sense of achievement would be awesome ;-)

Angry Birds: HARDCORE! - You heard it here first! ~runs off to copyright my idea with Rovio~
  • So after a solid effort this weekend (something like 25 of the last 40 hours) I managed; 97% - stopped counting after I hit 100 times, 98% - 3 times, 99% - 4 FREAKING TIMES! Then that magical thing happened, a perfect placement and a huge pinch to the left that saw BB steamroll through all the debris on the ground an even knock white bird out of the way he was traveling so fast. I had 0 visible blocks remaining on the screen and I think I almost made my partner jump out of the other side of bed I yelled so bloody loud when I got it!

I will try and flesh out how I got it because there is a lot of text in this thread but very little visual direction on how to master the @Andreas189 method. So here it goes; there are two ways I found to greatly increase your chance of getting a big pinch to the left that will see BB hit the slingshot platform and steam roll to the right again and here they are (please note: I took well over 100 SSs and I have picked the ones that I think best depict the strategy that I used, over and over again, to get 100%);

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/l2v1.jpg/
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5629/l2v2.jpg

To get this I was aiming at the middle of the flag and popping the egg just before the bird hit (to kill the higher snow blocks below the flag), following the white bird with BB at the exact same angle and then ever so slightly increasing the upwards angle of the sardine tin so that it would sail over the white bird and BB and then land to the right of the two of them. Below is the second result that I found could also give a good pinch to the left, essentially it is the same as the above method only that you have the birds on the bottom story instead of the first floor;

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8167/l1v1.jpg
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5412/l1v2f.jpg

Here is an action shot thrown in for good measure;

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1890/l2actionshot.jpg

So there you have it, everything in AB finished for the time being. I just thought I should plug this thread http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/427/seasons-mighty-eagle-hall-of-fame/p1 just in case anyone hadn't seen it and wanted to post up their SSs.

Happy hunting!
  • Congrats to all that have done this to date.

I'm with the Flat Earth Society on this one. In my view, there is zero chance of BB rocketing off the screen to the right and going around the world and coming back in from the left.

I gave up a long time ago. Waiting for the fix or a full blown video to emulate precisely. Again to those who have done it, congratulations!
  • Add me to the list of SG 1-16 Total Destructors! I followed natureswrath's strategy, although really this is the combined effort of this forum collectively with everyone's strategies and advice and everything in between.

Funnily enough, the execution went horribly wrong. I was late on dropping the white bird's bomb so it didn't drop at all. Big brother went too high but plowed through to the core of the structure and leaving a partial collpase on top of it. Sardine can landed on top of the debris, but the angle was just right to shove big brother back to the left and off the sling base and back through everything. Three snow blocks left and 100% Total Destruction. :)

Thanks to all for the assistance, and best of luck to those still trying. :) Here's some screenshots for proof:

http://content.screencast.com/users/iPhantomdagger/folders/Default/media/e3a82a6b-bbcf-44ab-a21e-bd9ea039838b/IMG_0130.PNG (Three blocks left!)
    http://content.screencast.com/users/iPhantomdagger/folders/Default/media/ac0d5057-57af-4157-98db-c412561c771f/IMG_0133.PNG (ffffffff yeah)
    http://content.screencast.com/users/iPhantomdagger/folders/Default/media/dd343dce-4ef3-4476-89e4-f93807c70676/IMG_0134.PNG (25/25)
    http://content.screencast.com/users/iPhantomdagger/folders/Default/media/21f3e288-0fd9-43f7-8921-16cb4bf64892/IMG_0135.PNG (25/25 again)

:) :) :) :) :) :)
  • I was thinking about the BB bird going off to the right and then coming back from the left. There was one attempt where something happened that I, at first, thought had been this 'circumnavigation phenomenon'. What happened was that I did everything as usual and got my triangle stack but when ME hit the two birds something a little strange happened. The BB bird firstly shot to the right for a short distance and then recoiled back to the left soon after. The only way I can describe it is to think of throwing a hula hoop away from yourself but spinning it back towards yourself (it's velocity is opposite to the way that it is rotating), something like in this video
    (mute the video if the voice is annoying, it's the concept that I am trying to convey). I don't think that it is exactly what people have been explaining as the right to left 'circumnavigation' but it did confuse me for a second whilst looking at it (observational bias may have played a part also given I was actively looking for it to happen over the last few thousand attempts).

@FujiToast has the right idea I believe. On the iPhone (which is the platform I was using) the structure takes up the entire screen. It is hard to tell what is happening sometimes when ME flies in and sends BB scuttling away. The reason why I believe we may all be talking about the same thing is that @dbas4040 is saying that it occurs every 50 - 100 tries. Taking into account the fact we were using very similar firing styles, @Andreas189 style, and I have done at the very least 5000 attempts I would think that, assuming I manage to replicate you shots every 1 in 50 attempts and taking the more conservative of your quotes for the occurrence of this phenomenon, 1 in 100, I would assume to see this happen ~ once every .02 x .01 = .0002 (or 5000 attempts) meaning that, statistically speaking, I would have expected to (but obviously may not have as this is probability) seen this happen once. It would be interesting to know what platforms those reporting this happening were using and seeing if they were using the same device. Clearly very slight differences in bird placement can give very different results (this level is a testimony to that) but with a reported occurrence of 1 - 2% I just can't see how more people aren't getting this to happen, unless it is a bug with a certain platform (as everyone knows there have been discrepancies in the past between devices but the physics engine, I would assume, should behave very much the same between devices).
  • Hotmess explains it the same way it happened for me. Bigbrother knocks out the end snow blocks on the ground to the right and comes back around to knock out the snow blocks on the ground at the beginning of the board on the left. I play on the iPhone & clearly saw this. My buddy plays on the iPhone too and saw the same thing but only got 99%. I just can't understand why people don't believe me I know what I saw whether it's a glitch or not I don't know but it happened to me
  • Dbas, it's not that nobody believes what you think you saw. But think about it....for BB to circle the globe would be impossible. Not only would it be impossible for the circumnavigation, but then BB would have to go THROUGH the launch platform rolling on the ground or magically fly over it.

Rovio didn't allow for this. They might have screwed up setting the threshold nearly impossibly high, but that's te extent of it.

As I said a week or two ago, if you don't have the screen panned back on the iPhone, it might appear BB goes to the right because it happens so fast.

Either way, you got it! And that is by far te most important thing!! Congrats! The rest is minutia!
  • Maybe we aren't using the same shot patterns. @dbas4040 may I ask, is it a return from the right once the BB shoots off to the right or is it a roll from the left (near where the slingshot is)? I am fairly sure you have been describing a roll from the left but I can't be sure with regards to your last post. If you saw it happen then it doesn't really matter what I or anyone else here thinks, you don't have to prove it to anyone. I just think people were trying to figure out how it was possible in an attempt to make the level a little easier to beat. The game isn't perfect and I have seen some pretty queer stuff associated with ME knocking blocks/birds about levels. I think that people would really like to know how it happened because I can see how it would produce a much higher % of blocks destroyed as compared to the 'pinch' method (left to right) that most people around here have been using. You seem to have assisted someone in gaining 100% on this level so I would take the positives from that. As I said I think the main theme of the questioning here has been understanding your strategy. Clearly there has been some degree of hurt caused by the line of questioning so I apologise for any contribution I may have made to this.
  • Exactly, dbas, we are not saying you're lying by any means, we are just trying to find the most consistent strategy for the rest of the users here on ABN. (Honestly that's the only reason I'm still playing this level. Self gratification on this one is lost.) I've been trying to keep track of my time on this level and as of this morning, I've put in around 26 hours total. It takes an average of 12 seconds per play for me which works out to my playing this level about 7,800 times. I haven't seen BB circumvent the globe even once in all of those times, but I've seen him bounce off the platform about 100 times, so if I'm going to recommend a way for other users to attempt this feather I'm going to go with the ricochet method. If someone wants to try the other method, by all means, go for it! Results vary, but I'm sticking with the ricochet. Again, dbas, we mean no harm, just going with the evidence.
  • @dbas4040 i believe you are right! i would swear that BB went off the screen right and reappeared from the left to the right! i know this because there was kind of a lane on the right side (upper part of the construction still stood, but bottom was destroyed by BB)
    sorry for my english, i know i cant explain it in english as well is i could in german!
  • Ok all of this has got me wondering. Has ANYBODY got 100% on an iPad? I know AMslim and I use iPads and both of us have yet to get this one and it's not from a lack of trying. So again, those with the feather, what device are you on? Let's get to the bottom of this.
  • @FujiToast I just got my feather on my iPad last night. Just a few posts up. :)
  • I just got it!!!!! Oh my god it took like a week! Essential to make the BB go backwards and come around again. Mine landed in the middle bottom, tuna on top. I had nothing left after. Total fluke though as I was trying to do that forever.
  • I also just did it! I even have proof.
    http://i.imgur.com/ZDqfp.png
  • @JackMeUp Way to copy my picture. Where I come from, taking credit for another's work is plagarism, and on the internet, it's also trolling. Try again.
  • I got the feather on iPhone.. Did it with the around the world phenomenon. But I've also seen redbird steamroll to the left, hit the platform, and come back to the right- however, every time this happened it didn't have enough force to go far enough to hit the snow blocks on the right.
  • So here's a full (if I've missed anyone I deeply apologise!) list of the people who have claimed to get TD:

Andreas189 [iPod]
    huney7bear
    Habanero
    KThomp2847 [iPad]
    Zach [iPod/iPhone]
    tusabbcl (First to shoot BB high)
    cwheels
    jbuccino (First to pioneer the "circumnavigation effect")
    The Sci-Fi Bard (Shot white bird low with dropped bomb)
    swainpuppy22
    angelbird
    dbas4040 (Also claimed that BB circumnavigated the globe)
    Panthro21
    hotmess85233 [iPhone] (Also claimed that BB circumnavigated the globe)
    natureswrath [iPod/iPhone]
    Phantomdagger [iPad] (Was following natureswrath, but the strategy was the same as Andreas189)
    cybrxs

What I've noticed is that the majority of people who've completed it were in some way following Andreas189's original method (with some minor deviation). That is to bomb just to the left of the left flag, shoot BB at about the same trajectory, and (immediately) follow with the sardine can.

Deviations with the white bird include bombing the bottom left of the snow blocks in such a way that the white bird takes out a good portion of the snow and comes to a rest, and aiming for the middle of the flag but not dropping the bomb. Deviations with big brother include aiming really high (so that he's just touching the base of the slingshot post), and for myself, aiming what would be just over the flag so that BB takes out more of the structure by himself.

Addressing the "circumnavigation effect", where BB supposedly goes to the right and comes ALL the way back around FROM the left, it must just be an illusion because anything to the right of a level must be nothingness. What must be happening is what is critical to any strategy - that BB must be hit with ME at just the right angle and force so that he gets slammed back into the base and bounces back, doubling his destructive effect. Also, the SC doesn't even have to be directly on top (and to the right) of BB, but the trajectory of the ME must be such that it will provide enough backforce onto BB.

So, it seems the key is to use 2 birds to damage the left side of the pigs' structure, and using the SC and BB positioning to get BB to bounce back and ricochet off the base and hopefully take out enough blocks, which surprisingly has a fairly* wide margin of error. Hope this helps!
  • The white bird made no difference for me. BB did all the work. I'm on iPhone and used the high trajectory followed by sardines. It was different bc it landed in the middle bottom of the structure not left like the others. I have a screen capture of my feather not sure how to attach it here. Honestly I was surprised I got it with the shot I had bc I kept using Andreas' method and usually restarted the game if it deviated. Hope this helps.
  • You can upload the image to one of many image host servers (such as flickr, yfrog, or twitpic). Then paste the corresponding link here.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!