Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 6
  • 1033 Comments
  • @AMslimfordy
    Sorry maybe my bad English but I DONT understand what you ask.
    These scores is my GameCenter scores...hope this help anyone
  • I think you are confusing your scores with your ranking. For example, on Airfield Chase, I have 1,565,590 points and rank 1,814 on HD GameCenter.
  • Since I installed 1.6.2 AB does not respond to my directional keys (left and right arrows) on my MacBook Pro. I use them to pan the image so I can study my target and plan my trajectory, but now they don't work. If I try to use my touchpad to do this it, of course, launches my bird (and very badly, I might add!). Does this sound familiar or is it something I'm doing wrong on my end?
  • @KWAK the same thing happened to my friend's mac version of AB
  • Still looking for answers (see Sept 23 post). Is this a known bug?
  • I'll see if BirdLeader can offer any insight. I haven't heard of this issue -- nor do I own a Mac.
  • As of last night, after going glitch free on all my versions of the game on iPod Touch, Seasons reset on me and while keeping my score and amount of feathers I had, it reset the Mighty Eagle and is asking me to buy again.
    I know iTunes tends to keep track of what you've already bought, does that apply to in-app purchases?
  • Absolutely...I had the same problem earlier (and another issue as well regarding iTunes account and different machines) and I can attest that if you go through the process of "re-buying" the Mighty Eagle, you won't be charged for it again. In fact, you will be asked if you want to get it again because you've already purchased it.

Hope this helps.
  • Sweet, yep that worked. Thanks for your input/help
  • @KWAK Sorry, I doubt I'm going to be much help on this one. I have a Macbook with v1.6.2 installed, but the arrow keys work fine. The only thing I could think of is that your function ("fn") key is stuck, but if that were the case no keyboard shortcuts would work.
  • Thanks @BirdLeader and @AMslimfordy for trying. It's a mystery.
  • I recently launched AB Rio after 1 week and it worked before perfectly but now it asked me the activation code. Now it works fine, but any permanent solution
    Will see if it works now :)
  • Also, I download a pirated version of AB Seasons for PC :(, which launched itself as AB Rio, is that the problem?
  • @iamMighty Could definitely be the cause. We don't condone the use of pirated software, nor do we support it.
  • Ok, will see if it works by deleting the Seasons
  • I updated my Ipod to the iOS 5 and lost all of my Angry Birds Scores. Rio and Seasons stayed the same and my scores are still in the game center. When replay the levels from the beginning again, I'm getting all three stars how ever the "New High Score" doesn't light up. I'm thinking that my old scores are still somewhere but it's a glitch. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?
  • Can you elaborate a bit on what is happening? For example, explain precisely what happens when you play level 1-1 say?
  • After I did the upgrade to iOS 5, everything seems to be reset back to normal, like I had just installed the app for the first time, it asked me to purchase the Mighty Eagle (even though I had already purchased it). But all of my scores and acheivments are still in the game center. I had thought that the "NEW HIGHSCORE" on the level cleared screen lit up but it doesn't. I just found it weird that all of my scores in RIO and Seasons stayed in the actual game but the scores for the First Angry Birds reset. Angry Birds, RIO and Seasons are all still in Game Center.
  • Everything in GameCenter is stored separately, and achievements cannot be lost. It's tough to say exactly what happened, but it seems like your highscores file is intact (since it won't register as a new highscore).

Now, when you pass a level for the "first" time, does it list your previous (pre-update) highscore for that level?
  • Here are some situations I've gotten the Globe Bird into:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9237282@N03/sets/72157627822680687/

I'm wondering if this could possibly be used in someway. I've noticed that if you shoot him into places he won't fit when he inflates, he'll shoot out with great force.

The Pig Grass Hat pic is just something funny that happened. The pig has a new hat! ^_^
  • For me.. All the bugged achievments in gamecenter for seasons seem to be fixed with the hamoween update...
    300 bunny, feathers, completed MF etc..
  • please help! since i downloaded the new hallowe'en levels, i can't get angry bird seasons to work. it starts to load and then crashes back to the main screen. what can i do?
  • What device are you using? First attempt at a solution is always to power off and power on your device.
  • i'm using an itouch
  • Double-click the home button to bring up the multitasking bar. Hold down on an icon until they start to shake. Then tap the " - " in the corner of Angry Birds Seasons.
    Click the home button to exit. Then restart your device. When you power back on, you should be able to open ABS.
  • i'm not sure what i' m doing wrong but when i double click the icon all i get is a cross to delete the app
  • Does the multitasking bar appear (at the bottom of the screen) when you double-click the home button?
  • which is the home button? if its the button with a square on it, it just takes moves screens
  • What gen iPod Touch, with which OS?
  • how do i find out that information?
  • @till lindemann is se, Try this: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. That will reset your ipod ( you won't loose any data ).
  • Something interesting I have seen with the globe bird for ham'o'ween. Not sure if I would call this a glitch or a bug, or maybe something done on purpose, but if you let the globe bird inflate on its own, after it deflates, there is a spec of white (a couple pixels or so) in the spot where he was when he inflated. It stays there through the next bird, and then goes away. Not sure if this is an extention of the white trail that shows the path of the bird or not. It is not the big "poof" you see when you active other birds (such as the yellow or white bird), and I don't remember anything similar with the black bird if you let it self detonate. Just thought it was interesting.
  • After reading the feedback on the new hallowe'en app download i think you will find loads of people have got problems cant even open app up must be a few on here who have had this im on ipod touch and just loads and crashes .............
  • Thank you sal9. It worked. It loads and plays now!
  • Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know why my 3 stars on rio carnival upheaval level 8-5 have turned into 1 even tho I have a higher score than the walkthrough? Have they raised the score needed?
  • Sorry, that's level 8-5.
  • Screenshots of my problem:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9237282@N03/sets/72157627993384302/

So I'm having a weird issue. For some reason when I started Angry Birds Seasons(I did a hard reset a couple days ago because Seasons kept crashing and this also happens periodically which causes me to turn off and turn on my iPod Touch to get it to work) all the levels, except Summer Pignic and Season's Greetings, show all the levels as locked except #1 on each Season.

I decided to beat #1 on Mooncake and that got me access to level 2 which now stays open. Even weirder, is I have access to the 3 star pumpkin on Trick or Treat even though I have not 3 starred all the levels(and my star counter is correct on it). In fact, all the star counters are correct for what I have completed. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how I can fix this?
  • @leo9 This is an accident. Rovio has stated that they will push an update to fix this very soon. Just sit tight. (It's absolutely impossible to 3-star right now).
  • Tech Artist: Please send me an email at [email protected]. We will get this sorted.
  • Amslim: I sent you an email.
  • Problem: Completed all feather achievements in Rio update. Noticed on level 8-5 I only have 1 star, but 74,240 pts. Already have achievement for 3 stars. Keep replaying level, but only 1 star registers.
  • Read my reply to leo9 a couple posts up.
  • Thanks for your quick response.
  • Oh super bowl level revealed? But where can i find these kinds of videos?
  • AMsi- did they ever fix the glitch on 8-5 with only getting 3 stars? Still only have 1 star.
  • An update hasn't been pushed yet. I would think the Episode 6 update is coming soon, so it will be included in that.
  • I'm on iPhone 3G (iOs4.2.1) and about a week ago, after I purchased the mighty eagle for AB Rio, all the hidden fruits achievements in AB Rio disappeared. The 3 stars are still there and I'm in the process of going through all eagle feathers. But it's a pain that the hidden fruits are gone.

At the same time, in AB seasons, all the levels are now showing locked and all the mighty eagle feather achievements are not showing up, although they still show 3 stars. Yes, I can go individually into each level, simply complete (even with 1 star) and then unlock the next, but that's quite a lot to go through. And I have to do all the mighty eagles again.

Have tried powering off and on the device several times, but this does not fix either of the 2 problems. Please help
  • Have you tried shutting down the applications from the multitask bar ?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!