Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 7
  • 1033 Comments
  • Umm... whats up with this? http://i39.tinypic.com/4pam9.jpg dont know what level this is but it sure is weird... despite the fact that the bolcks appear toi get notches, thats simply a visual effect. everything a solid shape and theres a mechanism to destroy blocks after a certain stress level but that just confuses me even more. how did that triangle's point stay on the pigs head? we left it like that for a while and it just stayed and nothing. and whats up with the floating triangle to the right? i dont see any translucent blocks...
  • Not sure what the issue is. Sometimes blocks get caught. Btw that's Hogs and Kisses 1-1 I believe.
  • Is there a known problem with seasons on android? Download fails every time. I have completed it on ipod and thought I would get it on my phone.
  • Not that we have heard.
  • I remember a while ago reading how someone was having trouble with their achievements showing up even though some achievements have been made. I had the same problem and FINALLY figured out how to fix it and just wanted to share. I got AB on an itouch and played very little, no achievements made at all. Then I got my iPhone and installed AG on there as well and played on it a bunch. My achievements weren't showing up until I went back to my itouch, reached some achievements there, they showed up at GC, so I went back to the iPhone and sure enough, all my achievements were visible. Hope this story helps others! :)
  • I assume your IPhone is running iOS 5 and your Touch is not.
  • I have a weird issue(another... =( ). I recently bought the original Angry Birds for my iPod Touch(2nd Gen) so I could play my same game file between both my iPod and Mac(makes it easier to work on getting 3 stars on everything where ever I am). The thing is, on my iPod, when I tap the trophy to check my achievements and come back out, the whole game freezes and I have to reset. That is the only time it happens. Also, if I keep transferring my file between my Mac and iPod, will that end up messing the files on both devices in the long run? Why Rovio hasn't made this simpler yet I don't know....all it would take is servers.
  • I wouldn't try to transfer files between mac and ipod/iphone.
  • I know you can transfer data from iOS to Mac, but going the other way is likely an issue. When you play on Mac, no data concerning achievements is saved because ... Well, Mac doesn't have achievements. That's why your device is likely crashing.

Moral: If you play on iOS, you can copy your progress over to Mac. The other way makes GameCenter very angry.

BTW, it's not as simple as servers. It would also involve "translaters" since the .lua files on different platforms are written in different ways -- some encrypted, some not, for example.
  • Ah. So if I delete the game from my iPod, backup with iTunes, then re-download it(since I own it for life), will that reset my Game Center achievements and data? Because if I can't do what I had planned, I'm just gonna start from the beginning on my iPod(and finish things on my computer when I have the time).

I really don't like how Rovio set this whole thing up. Makes it really strenuous for people like me who like to play between devices. >_>

Edit: @AMslimfordy: I got all 3 stars on Ham o' Ween today(while offline) but the achievement hasn't unlocked yet. Any reason for that? Could it be because I used your settings.lua file?
  • Should unlock once you connect to GameCenter again, but sometimes there is a delay. My settings file should not be to blame.
  • I've connected to it several times and it hasn't yet. =/
  • What you could do is

1) Copy both your highscores & settings lua files to a safe place on your computer (sync to iTunes as well perhaps)
    2) Delete the app -- choosing to remove GameCenter information when prompted
    3) Restart your device
    4) Re-install the app (it's free using the same Apple ID)
    5) Play one level. Then re-purchase the Mighty Eagle, if applicable (it's free using the same Apple ID)
    6) Copy the saved highscores & settings files back to the device
    7) Restart the device
  • None of my achievements in ABo are being shown in game center!!
  • @AMslimfordy: So I got an iPhone finally and I got my saved data on to my iPhone. No achievement unlock. I did your suggestion, no achievement unlock. Don't know why it won't work.
  • Which app is this?
  • I can send you the settings file again, but I'm not sure what else I can do ya for.
  • I'll try reinstalling your file and we'll see what happens. Getting tired of all these issues. I guess maybe the Birds are angry at me for some reason. =(
  • Just downloaded seasons xmas update, crashes every time I try to play.
  • No need to post twice.

Try restarting your device and connecting solely to WiFi (disable 3G).
  • WOOOO!!! Seasons is 100% bug-free!!!
  • I started a new discussion re: ADP runtime error, but haven't gotten response from anyone, so am posting here in hopes of some assistance.
    I am getting more and more frequent runtime errors. I'd read a post some time ago that booting AppUp would clear the error and allow AB to open again. And that does indeed work. But as I said, its happening to me more often all the time. Is there an internal problem here I can fix somehow? I've bot all ABs direct from riovo now, so don't need AppUp anymore. If I uninstall it will that solve my problem, or just remove options for clearing error? Its really frustrating and would love a final solution. Help....?
  • I was hopeful that the Seasons 'Wreck the Halls' update would include a fix for the 'Moon' achievement issues but sadly it did not. Also, there were no new achievements in the list for 'Wreck the Halls' ... Anyone else have this issue?
  • Tech Artist: I had that same issue after loading iOS5 and after trying everything I could, it turned out I needed to log back into iTunes and that was it. Something so silly simple. Hope that works for you and that it's not a bigger issue. Cheers.
  • ndylan, read all about wreck the halls here: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/2011/12/angry-birds-seasons-wreck-the-halls-now-available/

there are 4 new "hidden" achievements.
    this update has also fixed most if not all known bugs.
  • No new achievements are showing for Wreck the Halls. Also, I have re-defeated 1-15 and 2-15 of Moon Festival but still don't show Bright Side as achieved (3 stars and Eagle on all levels). I have logged in and out of iTunes Store and re-started my phone. Nada.
  • The new achievements are hidden...

Not sure what to tell you about Bright Side. We haven't heard any reports of users having issues since the v2.0.0 update.
  • AMslimfordy,
    Thanks for the response. Sadly, I have gone in and defeated 2-15 again and no 'bright side of the moon' achievement. I am having the same issues as byates above. I have 3 stars and a feather on every single level on every game so far. (glad to know about the hidden cheevos for 'Wreck the Halls'!)
  • @ndylan @byates3789 I have heard in passing that re-completing 2-1 of Moon Festival may trigger that achievement as well.
  • @ndylan and @byates3789
    Have received confirmation that Mooncake 2-1 will get you the achievement.
  • That finally worked but had to get 3 stars again. I then got a message telling me to try and get 3 stars in all levels which I already have. But it then went to level 4. I defeated the big wheel again and I finally got Bright Side. Whew. Thanks for your help
  • On Wreck the Halls golden egg stage, there was a 60-second lag after the level was cleared. This will need to be fixed. Just wanted to point that out.
  • Happens when a pig is thrown off-screen.
  • Getting a network connection error, and all my other Internet works fine.
  • I've got the same problem.
  • Same problem here too
  • Just one week from christmas ... hope rovio will have time to fix this in time. [ would be a huge flop ]
  • Same issue here as well, 'problem with Internet connection' message pops up on today's AB Wreck the Halls. Tried rebooting, using wifi, nothing works. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out.
  • All fixed now.
  • As AMslim is saying, the wreck the halls bug is fixed.
  • Already 21 days had passed since launch of Xmas season but I am still unable to launch and play despite informing you twice about my problem.... can someone pls help or advice? Thanks.
  • Need more information. But as far as I know, the loading issue for Wreck the Halls has been solved.
  • Thanks AMslim and zone020 - I have tried but after pressing the Day 1 box, it goes back to menu again. What should I do? Strangely, the 'birdday' game is ok.
  • Wait a minute, so the game loads? Then your issue is that you are not connected to WiFi.
  • I was notified today that there was an updated AB and did I want to download, I said yes, and did. I now notice that I can no longer see the taskbar when playing. I'm on a PC and with the other versions (seasons, rio), I can always minimize the game or do something else because the bar is always visible, but not with the new and improved AB original. The game fills up the whole screen which would be great except the only way to get out of it is to close the game completely. Hope I've explained this clearly. Anyway it's frustrating, can someone help?

Thanks.

Barbbjb
  • Alt+Enter will disable full-screen mode. (Or, on the main page, click the rectangle in the bottom right.)

If the resulting window is too small, click on the square in the top-right to maximize. This should fill the screen but leave the taskbar visible.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!