How many countries have ABN members visited? Page 2
  • 112 Comments
  • @Lamia -- The pin is the dot on the map that identifies your location. If you click on it, it gives your name, country and time zone.
    @CC_Jolly -- I think I haven't updated since you mentioned it; will be sure to add it in next update. If I missed it, thanks for letting me know.
  • Okidoki

Thanks !!!
  • ... On the Most Maps you can't find Liechtenstein. The capital is Vaduz so it will be a little Bit easier :-)
  • Dominic Republic, Haite, Bermuda, Bahamas, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany, Mexico.
    I have a list of countries I would love to go to!! ;)
  • Hey @sunshine

Where did you stay in Austria ??
  • We spent a lot of time there, give me a day to get it together for you!! :)
  • Okay do you also visited somewhere in Tyrol??
  • @mvnla2, Russia - Moscow
  • Okay @sunshine

I can't wait seeing the list tomorrow :-)
  • OK, I think list is updated. I have decided to use a liberal definition of country.
  • Thanks for incorporating my corrections, @mvnla2, I have updated my post on the first page and the corrections that were listed in this comment:D
  • @BBinMaimi -- Do you know which Virgin Islands you've been to? are they US or British territories (could be either, depending on where you've been)?
  • @AngerManagement -- Will include your corrections in next update. Thanks!
  • @hunnybunny - Yep, I would really like to travel more. Last year when flew from Tampere (Finland) to Bremen (germany) then we bought a car and drove it back to Finland via Denmark and Sweden, though in the end of the trip we were both so tired that we decided to take a cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki :D

We are planning to travel somewhere this year too, but we haven't decided yet where to go. Those trips just need a bit more planning now when we've got a kid. That's why we didn't take him with us las year 'cause he was only 1 year old at that time and we should have taken so much more stuff with us (like his car seat etc.) so we asked my hubbys parents took care of him while we were away.
  • @ccjolly it was a bit ago that I was in Austria so I only remember the names of big cities. Innsbruck, Salzburg, and Vienna.
  • What a lovely idea to remember holidays past :) live in Scotland & have been to:-
    England
    Rep of Ireland
    Holland
    Poland
    Switzerland
    Italy
    Eygpt
    Kenya
    Dubai
    Sri Lanka
    Maldives
    Mauritius
    USA
  • Ok @sunshine i also life in the near of Innsbruck :-) how do ya find it there?
  • @ccjolly, Innsburck was my favorite. :)
  • I can fill in some blanks in the visited category:
    Belarus
    Brunei
    Cambodia
    Israel
    Jordan
    Laos
    Mongolia
    Palestine
    Vietnam
  • If you also count overseas territories (the Virgin Islands made the list?!), you can also add the Cayman Islands. (Not to park any money, I'm afraid. We spend our disposable income on travelling ;-)
  • Updated 4/12 5 pm.
  • I don't see Honduras or Belize on the list. You can now add them.
  • Thanks @Rat -- They'll be added next update.
  • ARGH! Every time I see this thread, I'm getting a huge obsession to see Scotland :D I just love the way the speak and the landscape and everything :D Well, if I'm being honest, I know nothing about scottish landscapes, except those what I saw in Braveheart :D It would be so nice to see those places where William Wallace fought! (a bit crazy? yes, probably :D)
  • @Lisko -- If you do go to Scotland, be sure to visit @Kimmiecv's summer home in a haunted castle (it's on the map). I'm sure she'd love to have you visit.
  • @mvnla2 & Kimmiecv - WTH? You bet I'll visit there! I just love everything haunted :D

Does @Kimmiecv have a summer home in Scotland? o.O I know that @honeybunny lives in Scotland and she's been in Finland so I MUST GO to Scotland at some point! Fortunately it's so close that I don't need to sit on those damned planes so long :D

And I've heard that Scots do have very tasty beer (and my hubby is more interested on the whiskeys) :D
  • Believe it or not, I've been to Antarctica!
  • @BBinMiami -- Wow! You must have been to some other countries on the way, right?
  • @Lisko NO Wales.....
  • @hunnybunny - Oh, yeah! Sorry I think I got it mixed to someone else, I remember reading that someone lives in Scotland, sorry about that :)
  • Hey Hey @bbinmiami

Wow you wear in Antarctica. It is a big Dream for me to see Antarctica !
  • @rat @bbinMiami -- Updated list 4/18/13
    BB -- Aren't you the one who listed Virgin Islands without saying whether U.S. or British? Also, what countries did you visit on your way to Antarctica?
  • Of yeah! I visited both UK and US. Had a lot of fun.
    And before I went to Antarctica, I stopped at Colombia, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina!
  • @BBinMiami -- Sounds like a fun (and long) trip. Those countries are already on the list, will specify British Virgin Islands in next update. Thanks for the info.
  • I am from Scotland and currently live in South Korea. (Maybe I should take a day trip to the DMZ and introduce the joys of Angry Birds to the North? :oP)

Other countries visited include:

Andorra
    Austria
    Belgium
    Ecuador
    England
    France
    Germany
    Ireland (The ROI)
    Japan
    The Netherregions
    Peru
    Portugal
    Spain
    Switzerland
    Tenerife (I know this is technically Spanish, but it's *so close* to Africa!)
    The USA

And I think that's about it. :o)

Ooh - and does a stopover in Dubai count for having visited the UAE?

Jonny
  • @jonny my stopover in Bahrain certainly counts !
  • @Jonny -- I'm adding South Korea to the list of countries that ABN members live in, but all the rest are on the Members' Map Group. Care to join? You need to repeat your specific details (name and location) on the group. Thanks.
    Also in the process of adding all your countries to the visited list. Thanks!
  • @Jonny -- Really -- TheNetherregions! Unless I misunderstood, these are not a physical location on the globe.
  • > these are not a physical location on the globe.

Perhaps his wife can vouch for him?

Alternatively, maybe he meant the Netherlands.
  • I was born in Kenitra, Morocco-North Africa(Navy kid), Have been to Guam and Spain. My mom's from Madrid and I have family there...
  • @g-ma-angel69 -- Will update list when I get a chance. Your name sounds like you might like to join the Seniors on ABN forum. Also be sure to check out the Bloated Pig Forum and the ABN Members' Map Group.
  • Hi I live in Germany but come from France.
    I've visited : Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands, UK, Spain, Italy, Monaco, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Rep., Croatian, Dubai, Bahrain, Thailand, Malaysia, USA, Mexico.
  • Live in canada, been to usa, australia, fiji
  • I live in US, only been to Canada.
  • @mvnla2 please add the following to the list of places visited
    Iceland
    Faroe Islands (overseas territory of Denmark - as AngerManagement would say!)
  • I need to update list; haven't for a while. Sorry.
  • Need to update this. Sorry all, was on vacation and forgot.
  • nope @tas
    My comment is the 100th ;)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!