ABN Avatar Contest 2013 (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 7
  • 1007 Comments
  • Ok i would like to nominate @hinarei :) nice bright welcoming avatar...
    @E-Star :)
  • Thanks Kathy, I will add it to the wall tomorrow... Bedtime for me, in the hopes I fall a sleep before 1AM :)
  • @mvnla2 - omigosh! I didn't even realize I had been nominated -- thank you so, so much! And I love that you even remembered the "official" name of the object in my avatar!

I also second (third, fourth)? the nomination of your avatar -- such a pretty bird!
  • @Junkenmetel -- I confess I had to look the name of your object up. Turns out that on this forum, seconds don't count, but you can nominate one avatar each month, as long as it hasn't been already nominated. Read rules on 1st page.
    My avatar is a Juan Fernandez Firecrown, a hummingbird that lives on Robinson Crusoe Island (my avatar is one of the celebrities on the members' map).
  • @kathy, I have added hinarei to the wall :D
    and @Joey, thank you su much for stopping in an nominating, I have added the avatar of mvnla2 to the wall.

And JunkenMetel, so nice to see new faces stopping in here, but could you please nominate another avatar. The time voting isn't here yet, you can find all the information on the first page! thanks!
  • Hahahaa see @angermanagement I got @ewber in before you just as you got @sunshine before leggy!! It's a contest within a contest to see who can get their nomination in before someone else steals our choices!! LOL :D
  • Speaking of which mayday mayday @e-star you missed my March nomination of @ewber I think it got lost in the page change! ;D Hahaa @estar I'm like your secretary in our triumvirate of ACT!! :D
  • @kimmiecv Thats really awesome but we will see the right Order Soon :-)
  • Hahaha @Kimmiecv its so true!! A contest within a contest...i tried getting @sunshine in as well..very popular girl with that snazzy new avatar..:)
  • LOL we all have to be on it at the stroke of midnight on the new month or poof someone grabs our nomination right out from under us @Kathy!! ;D
  • thanks for your vote, @Kathy! Bright and welcoming, sure, but still protected from showers in a raincoat :) Still cold and wet in March, see? I'm going to hold off a little with my vote this month, though not as long as I did I Feb (missed the boat).
  • Sorry @Kimmie, I made everything and uploaded it, just forgot to put in the code... thanks for keeping track of all the nominations! It has been added :D And Great choice I might add!!
  • Team work @e-star! That's what it's all about!! ;D Thank you Mwaaaaah
  • Great Job @estar and @kimmiecv !!!
  • @mvnla2 and @E-Star, thanks for reminding me about nominating another member's avatar. This will be fun! I'll go back and read the rules more carefully this time, while I'm drinking my coffee, and hopefully they'll finally sink in...

@mvnla2 -- I love the name Juan Fernandez Firecrown, I love that it's a hummingbird (my favorite group of birds), and I love that it lives on Robinson Crusoe Island! What more anyone could possibly want from a bird is beyond me...

Hmmm, maybe we need a thread for people to talk about their favorite "real" birds, because it would be fun to learn about different birds you might never otherwise know about, and also why people like them in particular. All birds have special qualities, and we often have personal associations about birds that have a unique association for us...maybe a bird we only ever see on vacation, or a bird who's antics make us laugh, or a bird that reminds us of someone we know; whatever.

Angry Birds Friends are friends to birds everywhere, naturally!

Or maybe there already is a thread like that and I just missed it...
  • It was hard to narrow down a choice, but I'd like to nominate @trogon. Because that is just one good looking bird.

I mean the avatar. :-)
  • I'd like to nominate @IamMightys new Slash avatar for my March pick please:) Anything related to that man gets my vote lol! Great choice @mighty! Cheers ;D
  • Thanks @junkenmetel and @jlz666 for the nominations !!!

Very good choices !!!
  • @junkenmetel the coffee did the trick huh, well that is a good thing and nice of you to find such a lovely bird to nominate. Your nominations is added to the wall of nominees! Not sure about the bird thread think there was one, but my love for birds ends after I close up AB, sorry :s so I don't really know. Hope you do find it though :D

and @jlz666 I have put your slash.... ehh nomination up there as well :D
  • That's neither video recorder nor toolbox,that's a laptop:-) & pic is taken inside the WHITE HOUSE
    Being the director of the regional weather bureau,I've got a bunch of stunning weather pics but i reckon they don't suit the avian theme...
  • @Fleshyskeleton -- A weather pic might be interesting. Do you actually work in the White House? If so, any idea how many people there play AB?
  • @mvnla2 yes that would be very interesting how much Slingers where in Withe House :-)
  • Wow @fleshyskeleton that sound like a cool job , maybe you could start a forum with interesting weather pics...
    It would be interesting also to know if a lot of people in the white house play angrybirds..
  • You're more than welcome @iamMighty ;)
  • Yay! I got my new avatar! But it was like copying a nominee (see the nominee but there is a difference about cropping).
    And I am so confused what avatar should I vote and there in the nominees list are the avatars I would like to vote. I think can't vote this March 2013.
  • Thats okay @cal2004 if all your favorites are up there in the list there is no real need to nominate one each month. Just remember you can when you come a cross a nice avatar.
  • Thats Great @amandeep The Might Eagle with his FishCan is best avatar for ABN Community.
  • @Mighty-Eagle you mean that is your nomination for the contest?
  • Haven't nominated anyone yet, but saw Dark Side of the Bird's (play d bird) Pink Floyd inspired avatar the other day, and had to get it in here.
  • Sorry @burbman tried to find your nomination, but can't find it, can you give me a link or the @mention name? That would help a lot... and nice to see you in here :D
  • @e-star -- It's @playdbird on the rest of the site. However PlayDBird has been changing his nickname and avatar almost everyday. Today his nickname is @Birdseye. So even if you can find him, I don't think the current avatar is the one @Burbman wanted to nominate.
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/playdbird/
  • @estar - Mvnla2 pretty much summed it up. You might need to contact @playdbird to get a link to that particular avatar.It basically replaced the prism from the original album cover with Yellow bird. Pretty creative!
  • I just checked and Dark side of the bird is currently his handle, and he is using the avatar I mentioned. (subject to change at any moment)
  • @mvnla2 thanks for the help!! Found it and thanks @burbman for nominating it. I too think it is really creative and amazing! Will be adding it shortly :D
  • Thanks for the nomination @burbman.

I'll see you, on the dark side of the biiiird....
  • It doesnt work really :-( I can not edit the Image. Aaaaaaaaah
  • What doesn't really work @CCjolly, which image are you referring to?
  • Please nominate me ! :-) LOL
    How to nominate others please tell me.
  • @mvnla2 and et al. -- is there a relatively easy way to see the nice big photos of members avatars without having to go all the way into an individual member's profile?

Like I completely missed the wonderfulness that is @Fleshyskeleton's avatar photo, because in the normal small square size, I couldn't see all the detail.

I guess part of it is that I have a high-resolution screen. Which is normally good, except that it makes everything on it much smaller.

I'm going to get the hang of all this yet; thanks for the help!
  • @JunkenMetal -- The best person to answer this is @E-Star. She may have worked some of her magic on p. 1.
    I'll have to take a closer look at fleshyskeleton.
  • @mvnla2 - thanks for the tip. And some day, you *will* learn to spell my nickname correctly. Just remember -- spell "metal" wrong, and you'll be right!

Now I understand why my "mentions" list is so empty!

Anyway, definitely take a good look at @Fleshyskeleton -- it's very cool!

@E-star - Any tips for "finding" good avatars? I like how you've made it possible to see the nominees on the first page larger with just a click; thanks for that!
  • Oh dear, why can't I get a reference to @E-star to work properly? I even tried copying and pasting the "@" reference text at the top of her profile, like this:

@e-star

Poor E-Star! I'm so sorry; I must be doing something wrong!
  • @junkenmetel -- Sorry. I do know how to spell your nickname correctly. I't just that I automatically spell metal correctly also. Yeah, I had looked at fleshyskeleton's avatar previously. I think he might work in White House, but he hasn't confirmed that as far as I've seen.
  • @junkenmetel, @estar keeps the images at a maximum of 300x300 pixels (although most are a standard of 150x150 pixels), so my advice would be to click on the images the zoom in on the page. I made sure that my avatars (x3) are at the maximum size, so you and others can see all of the details;)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!