ABN Avatar Contest 2013 (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 6
  • 1007 Comments
  • @leggy the comments were actually more along the lines of not the month they were nominated but that those were the avatars they wanted to nominate. I didn't see any comments when looking back that they wanted to know what month the avatar was nominated. Having said that I don't honestly see a benefit of what you suggest, more that it would possibly cause confusion to those that just want to see who's been nominated so they don't put a name in that's already there. Not to mention as e-star says it's added work that wouldn't really benifit the contest itself. I hope you understand what I'm saying?
  • @leggy @E-Star i think some kind of system where you know which month the nomination was made for would be helpful i think.
  • @Kimmiecv that's why i think it's a good idea..if i change avatar in march say..but someone who wants to nominate me and sees I'm already nominated, may not realize it was in h Jan..
    Btw if you don't change your avatar you cannot be nominated for the same avatar twice correct? I wasn't sure on that one..like the same avatar, but different month?
  • Okay, well, maybe I just think differently, I see an avatar I like in the Nest, go in here, check the list, look up the name, pictures different, I can nominate them, picture the same I need to choose another. But I guess my logical thinking isn't as logical as I thought. I am still not a fan of making page 1 even longer than it already is and making it less tidy and clear by adding months. People who do the same as me have no easy way of seeing all avatars and personally I think it is easier to see if one person has more than one avatar up there and which ones that are. They are now side by side with an "2" next to the second. And ermmm no kathy nominating a avatar twice would be a bit redundant wouldn't it?

But I have a another idea to Try and meet you in the middle. how about I make an comment every end of the month with that months avatar nomination. Given, you need to reed a bit back for that, but I am guessing it will stand out enough for the people who really want to know which month an avatar was nominated. Would that make everybody happy?
  • Ohh @E-Star I'm sorry..guess i just didn't understand the logic lol. So if it's it's it up on 1 NOT ELIGIBLE k if not new avatar is..lol duh i get it know. Guess there really is no need to know month sorry..
  • But on second thought no never mind..Go To Bed..lll love ya ((((( hugs)))
  • Sleep well @kathy and dont forget to stay in here Soon :-)
  • @leggy I am not the type to decide and not give an explaination... But nope, sorry to dissapoint you again, but it would make it confusing given we already use numbers when there is an second third, fourth etc avatar of a Nester.
  • @leggy you're really respectful ;-)
  • ???
    @team
    Well I see my February nomination is in p. 5. But it is not updated. Can you please read it and update it. Well I will post my February Nomination pic. later.

• @cal2004 I see you put your nomination in for February as @ncisgrabert the picture of summer picnic. You may want to add the @ sign for the person you are nominating otherwise your comment just looks like a comment instead of a nomination and may be overlooked as such, just a suggestion :) Thank you for your nomination for February!!
  • @cal2004, my apologies for forgetting to add your nomination. I have just added it to the wall of nominees.
  • @cal2004, Ow and not sure what you mean by posting your february nomination pic, that was @ncisgrabert, right? So your next nomination can't be until March.
  • I know it is about 2 and a half hours early, but I want to get my vote in for @sunshine, with the avatar that @leggy created for her. I can't think of any other avatars so I don't want the burden of going through members directories until I get one;P P.S Does anyone like my new avatar, for March...
  • @angermanagement -- I guess I was correct -- You are trying to get 12 of your avatars nominated this year. Good Luck!
    I do like your new avatar, but I've got to decide between 2 or 3 for March anyway.
  • It is ok, @leggy, I think this is one of my weaker avatars, wait until you see what I've got planned for the rest of the year:)
  • Oops sorry @estar and @kimmiecv ! I forgot to type the "@" because I thought the "@" was there. And sorry for the delayed posting of the picture because of the connection was off. And I didn't make my avatar new due to the CPU that is destroyed again. I am hoping that my computer is back because the picture was there.

Well I'll post my Mar. Nomination later.
  • @AngerManagement and @leggy your nominations are added to the list, thanks for putting in the new nominations!
  • Thanks @angermanagement, but @leggy gets all of the credit!!! :D
    I would like to nominate @annach whenever I see that avatar on the walkthroughs, I know help is there - always great strat and tips!!! :)
  • Thanks Sunshine for popping in here and nominate a new one :D I have added @annach avatar to the wall :D

And my nomination for March is @dmsral, I have a soft spot for cats and this one is so cute :D it has been added to the list as well!
  • @estar thank, I also like that cat as well!!! :D
  • Thanks for nominating @sunshine

Nice to see you in here !!!
  • @cc-jolly thank! Always nice to drop in and see all of the colorful avatars on the wall of fame!!! :)
  • Hey, @sunshine, do you like my avatar for March;)
  • My nomination for March has to be @Junkenmetel -- the anticlastic ruffle
  • Aboy and mvlna2 thanks for nominating, they have been added to the list :D
  • @angermanagement I like your first one the best, but this one works. :)
  • I'm surprised no one nominated @amslimfordy yet ;) My March nominations will go to him!
  • @avatarteam my nomination for this month is @angermagenagement's newest avatar
  • My nomination for March goes to @leggy

The Pink birdie Must be on the Wall of Fame :-)
  • Glad you like it, @harrystar6:D
  • @Peatree2, @HarryStar6 and @CCjolly I have added your nominations to the wall of nominees :D
  • My nomination for march is sunshine again..the new one i love it!
    I'm going by the avatars shown above and i don't see the new one @E-Star
  • Ohhh never mind its there already...:( so i can't nominate it right?
  • @kathy, sorry, I beat you to it, you aren't aloud to nominate it again until the finals in december;)
  • AngerManagement is right Kathy there is no need to nominate Sunshines avatar anymore, so if you can choose another one that would be great. And if not, just save your nomination for when you do come a cross a great avatar later in the month.
  • @estar thanks for adding my nomination. The Contest runs very good. I love it :-)

@leggy you have to be on this Wall :-)
  • Alrighty my nomination for March shall go to Manu @eweber, his avatar is creepy/funny and I always smile with a shiver when I see He Who Shall Not Be Named in the walkthroughs!!! ;D
  • Damn, @kimmiecv, that was my choice for April;)
  • I know, that is why I wanted to get it in real quick, @leggy;)
  • @leggy, what is your avatar choice for April, I'm stuck at the moment;)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!