The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3108
  • 159699 Comments
  • I have gone through Bird Island in ABO and found that I am in the top 20 of every level save two. So I was eyeing up the Sharpshooter Badge. Not that I will be able to prove it satisfactorily but that's just detail. Anyway, I was missing levels 15 and 17. 17 just needs some hard graft but I would welcome anyone's views on Bird Island 15. It looks like a big fluke is required, or perhaps a specific platform or version. Anyone ever had any joy with this?

Anyone want a crown? Only 3106 previous wearers.
  • Hey @ixan57 when I was a kid there was a little comic snobbery in my little coterie of ne'er do well pals putting Dandy and Beano in the Premier league while Topper and Beezer where Championship contenders only to be bought when the big two had sold out at the corner shop. Pocket money also was scarce in those days one had to choose wisely.

Don't be too quick to abandon your political career @desperatedan. I think you'd make an excellent Tory MP. You c ould run on a "Covid couldn't finish off the OAP's but let's see what a bitter winter with no fuel can do. ' ticket

As for Bird Island 15 I had a quick look and you're right, a fluke(or double fluke required for top 20 score. I only have BI on the most current version and don't recall getting the swinging arm to preserve it's tnt till the downswing.
    I did get a top 20 score wi5h a one birder but it needs wood + pig to take out the left pigs(happens reasonably often) also the block above has to fall down a nd take out the bottom two pigs(much less often). Don't see a way to engineer or make these events more likely but top 20 is definitely doable but you may have to play the long game.
  • Thanks @brianN. Only one errant apostrophe. I think you test me. Looks like it's the long game for me.
  • Knocked off Bird Island 17. Just 15 to go. I can't say I am confident though.
  • @brianN my Gran (well my Gran’s sister and her second husband, but were my grandparents to me) always had a pile of Beano in the corner.
    An outdoor loo, although there was one upstairs - which no one used - and the back room come kitchen, which was where we all sat. Should there be more family, we spilled into the middle room. God only knows what was in the front room!
    @DesperateDan go boy go!
  • I had a dog that used to leave a pile of beano in the corner.
  • Hello, anyone there?
  • Hi @hunnybunny ! Watching any tennis?
  • I have been watching the cricket @catsnbirds. After a dismal 120 from the Originals I thought we'd have a damp squib of a final but the Rockets only just got over the line with not much to spare. Tennis??
  • @catsnbirds can’t get the tennis here, sadly, but keeping an eye on the scores (and Nadal’s arse!)
    @brianN watched it too, unfortunately supporting the wrong team
  • My great uncle Lou had a mysterious front room we never went in. And there was an outside toilet. He kept chickens. Also had a outhouse where he kept his horse to pull his milk cart. The dairy business had finished about the time I was born but it had been in the family since the 1830s. He once fell off his chair at the family Xmas dinner. Funny the things you remember when you are a kid.
  • RIP Your Majesty
    You were a remarkable woman
  • Obviously having to see Boris Johnson and Liz Truss in the same day finished the poor girl off.
  • Doing a bit of catching up @hunnybunny. Did you know Nadal's arse is an anagram of sad Arsenal?
  • Must admit not a lot of catching up to be done. If @kathy doesn't return the BP will disappear into the ether.
  • I know it's been a while since I last asked, is @kathy OK? I'd be quite happy to know she's fine, just not nesting.
  • I know you're dying to know how my Seasons quest is going. Very well thanks slowly but surely working up the ranks. Have just moved into Summer Picnic and @asher is over 100k ahead of everyone else.! Out of 30 levels he has 15 top scores. Our @karen68 is a creditable second(I'm gunning for you Kags!) Asher is obviously off limits.
  • @BrianN yes, asher is uncatchable (is that a word?). I gave up long ago. Good luck.

@catsnbirds I have been enjoying the tennis too!

And a very sad day. Like @hunnybunny said, the Queen was remarkable.
  • I suppose we have to have new stamps, new coins, new everything. A monarch dying is an expensive burden on the country. But yes, a truly remarkable woman. We are mostly all Elizabethans. It is a shock. Even anti- monarchists found it hard to dislike her. Even Putin sent a very nice letter to Charles.
  • How very odd indeed Brian. When I saw the expression Nadal's arse, I too worked out some anagrams but quite obviously did not see fit to publish.
  • My BS detector has gone into hyper drive this week. (Is it just me?) Anyway here's something to cut through the biggest pile of manure. (Not a reference to Queenie btw, respect due)
    A song so good non other than Sir Paul McCartney on arriving at school to pick up the grandkids had to wait in the car to find out who it was by. Nuff said.
    https://youtu.be/XQl5KYiiFDI
  • Hey @karen68 I reckon if Asher ever took Seasons seriously he'd be quite good.
  • Yes @desperatedan, there was obviously arse also rear and anal. Not like @hunnybunny to lower the level to the bottom.

As for Putin's card to Charles, has it been checked for Novichok?
  • Also when someone dies aged 96 it shouldn't be a shock. The media overkill doesn't help.
  • Bit odd McCartney didn't know it was Elbow. Unmistakable vocal.
  • "It's magnificent" (he said).. in a scouse accent.
  • Brechin in the news then.
  • I know you're dying to know how my Seasons quest is going, absolutely excellent.. a load of dogs thingys. HK1-4 finished. Earlier levels depressing.
  • Way to go @ixan57. Summer Picnic is a real misnomer. Should be called Blood, Sweat and Tears or Piledriving Slog in the Countryside. (Think Rovio missed a trick there). Stuck on the first two levels, can't get close to a big boy score in either(or a big girl score @karen68). That sounds rude doesn't it?

Wifie popped up to Brechin Castle to see Queenie in the hearse. Apparently drivers needed a toilet break. Very appropriate. Didn't bother myself, too busy with Slummer Pickwick. What do you think of the first two levels Emma? "Pain in the arse!"
    Thankyou for your input Miss Royd.
  • Is it true the actress Samantha Janus has a brother caled Hugh? A'll get me coat.
  • Sorry @Karen68 @DesperateDan @BrianN for not replying earlier
    It’s been a weird two weeks
    Other than our Beloved Queen dying, so did a friends brother, and this afternoon, my sister’s mother in law. In between we had lots of celebrations - read “Piss Ups” - so rather sad and happy at the same time
  • And, the most important thing, @Kathy is OK, not chatty but still playing Words with me.
  • Good to hear that @hunnybunny. About @kathy that is, the rest not so good
  • There's a place in Antarctica called Brian Island. Do you think it has a ferry?
    https://youtu.be/bpA_5a0miWk
  • You'd all like to send me on it wouldn't you? Anyways nod to England's test team, they defied all my expectations this summer. Now all they have to do is sort out the one day team. It's been role reversal.
  • This week's buzzword?... cortege...
  • There's a place in the Bahamas called Bryan Island. Do you think it has a ferry?
    https://youtu.be/hRzGzRqNj58
  • Am I running out of things to say? NEVER!
    What about some songs with the name of an island in the title. There are boatloads of them, particularly ferries. The song does not have to be about the island just name it. You have to play the song as well. Just to get things rolling here's a favourite of mine. Hong Kong gardens. Can't have enough Siouxsie. Only one song at a time @desperatedan.
    https://youtu.be/Y-l9GQJRl9Y
  • https://youtu.be/ZqeMJ-UbiZA
    I like to share. No man is an island except Brian... and Bryan... and Barry... love you all.
  • Isle of Ewe (just say it out loud)
    https://youtu.be/mIWOhisqrP8
  • I've gone off on a limb there, but what a fantastically relevant song
  • Isle of Ewe. Isn't that the Welsh national anthem @hunnybunny?

Good shout @desperatedan. No limb too far away if it includes a House Martin's tune in my book.

Here's one about a West coast garage. Mulligan Tyres
    https://youtu.be/OrbuDWit1Co
  • Which Scottish group covered the stones hit "hey you get off my cloud"
    In a similar version with the title rearranged
  • It is not a fact just a bit of hilarity
  • Not sure @ixan57 but I'm guessing it has something to do with McCleod.
  • Speaking of hilarity, your boss is out and you find yourself in his office. What ya gonna do?
    I defy anyone not to cry laughing at what follows.
    PS you 'll like this @tompuss.

https://youtu.be/-vPb1LOU09g
  • Wigan 8 Leeds 20 WOW!
  • Hello anyone there?
  • Here's Katie's response to Leeds magnificent win.

https://youtu.be/0ar7vovnH5I
  • Oh my goodness, what a voice. I've forgotten all about Leeds mighty win.
Post in the New Forum!