The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3110
  • 159587 Comments
  • Nah no challenge @karen68 only squeezed past by 4k or so. Shall NOT be going back to SP anytime soon. No disrespect deputy but @asher is beyond reach so I target whoever is in second place and try to get as close as possible. This is probably the one and only time I'll do a sweep of Seasons and the end game is to get into the top 5.So far not to bad apart from Seasons Greedings.
  • This page is absolutely ripping along. Must be time for a Seasons update. Moving on to Moon cake Festival and @asher already getting his revenge (kinda). Missed out on nicking a couple of his trophies by less than a k. Not worthy of a Gaaaaaahhhhhh! more like a Bah. Still good scores in the bank.

Must admit I have found an old version (2.0.0) quite useful. I would say at least one level in each episode has given me a high score I wouldn't otherwise have got. Can anyone explain how a version this old (2011) can work on android 9? @ixan57 you know a thing or two, tell me how that works and I'll buy you champers.

Anyways said version comes to the end of it's useful life at the end of Moon Cake Festival and It's already provided a couple of my top scores. I do know I can un and re install it so hopefully other versions can be used. I must say the vagaries in different versions within Seasons is extraordinary. I know Original has it's anomalies and Space it's glitches but they seem fairly consistent.

Said version had the 'Fruit buffet' glitch. Don't know if you remember that @hunnybunny & @karen68? Lot of fun seeing it in action. Still dream of finding ABO v 4.0.0 with that amazing golden egg glitch.
  • Notice you have a trophy in MKF @desperatedan and in a relatively small scoring level by some margin. Must've been a ripper! Though it being Seasons you probably can't remember it.
  • Speaking of glitches in Space any chance you chance you could put in a word with those hard hearted bods in admin @karen68 (for I know you are gentle and kind) about giving me the Anchors Away badge? Yours lovingly The Badger.
  • Hey @catsnbirds up to date with all things Tolkien. Don't worry no spoilers. Just to say the missus is now hooked also.
  • @BrianN I never had the spinning fruit glitch, have only seen it on video. It was one of the more impressive glitches.
    Let me pass on the message about the badge.

The Fellowship of the Ring is on TV right now, been a long time since I’ve seen it. Haven’t checked out the prequel yet.
  • Remember watching Fellowship of the Ring when it came out in the cinema and saying "we all have to come back in a year's time to watch the next episode" Now you can just binge watch.
  • I left plenty of detail for MCF 2-15 @brianN. Hey, even @asher was impressed.
  • Thanks @karen68 I nominate you for the all round good egg badge.

Not got that far yet @desperatedan. Look forward to reading your comments though doubt I'll threaten the score.Seem to fly along then get becalmed on a sequence of levels. Nature of the beast.

Thing about POR is knowing how things turn out(at the end of Ring trilogy that is) diminishes the drama a little bit. However as they say it's all about the journey not the destination.
  • WOW! Thanks @karen68. I knew you had superpowers. Polishing my badge as we speak(not a euphemism). I nominate you for the Nobel getting things done prize. Thanks also to @admins. I guess my badgering finally paid off.
  • Hey @hunnybunny just read your strategy for MCF 1-10.Tried following it but kept getting stuck with the shot that required 'ripping out ivy and fence it was attached to'. Was that bomb bird 1 or 2?
  • As far as ABO goes, I got up into 3rd place behind @asher and the doc, then @hallieginSB came storming past on the back of Classic. I thought I would catch her but she's opened up a gap of 200k points which is a tough call. Looks like she's found about half a million extra points on Classic which is impressive. Ham 'Em High is particularly profitable. I think I could get 200k points back if I had reliable access to ABO but this not the case, even on Bluestacks.
  • Now that you're coming to the end of your sojourn why don't you have a go at El Classico? If you can't beat 'em join' em.
  • Happy birthday @Kathy, a day late sorry. Get your ass back here.
  • Spoke to @Kathy on her birthday
    Not well, but sends good wishes to you all
  • Lol @brianN Mr Bunny will never forget the day I decided to rip out ten years worth of ivy!
  • My great aunt was called Ivy.
  • Many Happy Returns of the Yesterday @kathy.
  • Ooh, had a great zero birder on Ham 'Em High 14-4. Think that might be my only one. It's not possible any more, had to go back to version 3.4.0.
  • Puppy parade alert, everyone.
  • Ended up the largest parade since March 10th. Last time I got a puppy in fact. Bandwagon. Jump. Moi?
  • Free drink anyone?
  • Does anyone else think @comex666 has a whole load of top scores (and videos) up his sleeve just waiting for a Challenge to come along? And he's secreted away in the basement of a pizza parlour? Or was it a grassy knoll?

Hey, perhaps the Bloated Pig has a secret basement.

Perhaps no-one is listening.

• You know things are bad when even the offer of free drinks doesn't bring them out. Think they're all bladdered in the Lurkers Lounge waiting for the end of the world. Not far off in my opinion.

So many u-turns I'm feeling dizzy but remember Liz Truss is just for Xmas not for life. Thought it was only Spitting Image that had puppet Prime Ministers?
  • I'm back did you miss me? Is anyone there? Is there life on Mars?Anyways to more important matters. Finally got round to MCF 2-15 and you certainly did give a lot of detail in your walk through comments. In fact my wife's dissertation was shorter. Fiendishly clever strategy @desperatedan also fiendishly difficult to pull off. That 3rd shot was a killer. I found if Matilda did manage to take out that far pig there wasn't enough collateral damage to get 90k +. That being said I did manage my highest score (84k)using your method so thanks for that.
  • I would imagine that screenshot and videos are time stamped. No one gets past @sweetp.
  • Dang I missed a puppy parade.
  • Did someone mention free drinks? I'm just in the mood for a glass of Bolly drunk from a glass slipper. Got one of those OB? It's on @desperatedan (the drink not the slipper).
  • Eeked score up to 88k nipping into second place above @asher. Almost like winning a trophy. Moving on now.
  • So it happened again. Locked out of all levels below Ham Dunk and all scores gone. I know you're having a run through Seasons just now @ixan57. Watch out for a sneaky little pop up that invites you to check out pig challenge via 'guest page'. If it pops up there's no way to dismiss it. Suggest you switch off device and restart.
  • I feel like the spider who's web was repeatedly destroyed by Robert the Bruce after getting a bashing from the English (quite the big man). Though I do destroy a lot of webs myself, nothing vindictive, just my line of work. Maybe the world wide web is getting it's revenge. I really hate Seasons right now. But like the spider I shall not give up.
    https://youtu.be/t5q-pcVWOGo
  • Having fallen foul of Rovio's evil pop-up having fun with my trusty version 2.0.0. Going through some of the egg levels before moving on to another version and some success with you tube glitch also level never fixed that works. Both in Easter Eggs. Just like Rovio to fix a high scoring glitch while leaving one that stops you scoring. You'll never keep me down Umbrella Corp.
  • It's official the little guy has chicken pox. Say after me in a scouse accent "shikn pox". Beats monkey pox I suppose, unless you're playing unpleasant disease Top Trumps in which case it doesn't. (look out for the ebola card, scores highly in every category)
    He seems fine, a little itchy and scratchy and grumpy. No change there then. Much better to get it aged 10 than 35 as I did. Still remember the humongous headaches.
    My wife had it as a teenager her mum took a photo you can see the look on her face saying 'please mum don't'. What kind of a mother does that? The kind that flies round on a broomstick.

No offence @catsnbirds, I see you as more like Samantha from Bewitched. She was a very good mum. The mil is more like Sauron... with adult chicken pox.
  • Yes see what you are doing @BrianN
    Pay attention time: itchy and scratchy (cartoon characters with a touch Disney) grumpy.
  • Yay! I told you he wasn't dead! You were climbing the north face of K2 when you heard a plaintive cry:"Free drinks anyone?"
    Sorry what am I thinking it was @desperatedan :"Free drink anyone?"
  • @BrianN not k2 been testing the Aintree hedges for next years grand national
  • That canal turn is horrendous, nearly spilt my lager.
  • Nearly as dangerous a pastime as being British Prime Minister. Trussed up by her own party. They're running out of feckless idiots... next!...
  • Trussed up by herself. Deeply foolish. Pursuing stuff nowhere near her mandate. Politics. So shoot me.
    Looks like I'll be able to vote Plaid Cymru anyway...
  • Tom Hanks is killing himself laughing in the Lurkers Lounge.
  • What am I thinking? The Tories will never run out of feckless idiots. If they treat their leaders like this what chance have the rest of us got?
  • Some chumps are calling for Boris to come back!? What's wrong with these people? Tom Hanks should sober up and throw his hat in the ring.
  • So @ixan57 you're the closest thing we have to a tech bod here in the BP. How is it I can play Seasons on airplane mode till the cows come home but ABO crashes every 20 mins. Go on explain that one clever clogs.
  • There's a free hedge trimmer and a pint of Tennants in it.
  • In completing Moon cake Festival I noticed @ixan57 @desperatedan and myself held trophies. Come on kags and HB pull your fingers out you're letting the side down. (Don't nick my trophy though.
  • I think it's time we had a mortgage report from Mr Partridge.
    https://youtu.be/AJ2np3nZkfY
  • Just seen Hastings drop goal for Gloucester to win the game. Comes in the WOW category.
  • I seem to be be saying "what am i thinking?" a lot. What am I thinking?
Post in the New Forum!