The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3028
  • 159712 Comments
  • @BrianN a great song. And I’m not always a fan of new versions of songs, but like @catsnbirds I think the Disturbed version is excellent.
  • When did you last wear the crown @karen68?
  • Noo...Treasure Hunt 40. Just out of range.
  • Yeah... gonna skip this one too.
  • Sometimes a cover version is so bad it's good. Quite what Paul McShane is doing with his hands I've no idea. Looks like he's playing cat's cradle without the string.

For those across the pond Paul McShane was a comedian(allegedly) who looked like a Sontaran from Dr Who. Personally I find his singing much funnier.

There was also an intentionally funny version of this song done in a geordie accent and vernacular, if anyone can remember anything about that it would be worth a free drink.

https://youtu.be/fGcqkqB-pIE

PS Loved Buster, most scrap yard dealers I know have rottweilers.
  • @catsnbirds Are you lurking?

Lovely cat story:

https://youtu.be/3ohyOBeijcw

• @TomPuss Can’t imagine what prompted the first person to poke cash through the door to entice the cat! Sure turned into a terrific story.
  • I am intruiged @brianN by the number of scrap yard dealers you apparently know.
    Anyway, enough of that. Another cracking LoD don't you think? What are the chances of Jo surviving even one night in the nick?
  • Belter. Still not sure which side Carmichael is batting for, pardon the expression.
  • AAAA
    I almost got top score on today's level, if i popped the pig in the chute then i would've had 83k... Whiiine
  • And it happened again... i think this level hates me!
  • That's why AB is so seductive. She is a cruel mistress. Tempts you with a top score but holds it back at the last minute. Feel free to reverse the genders (may have been digging a hole there).
  • I'll get my coat.
  • Hey @azurill, you whipped @asher's ass real good. Go BP go! That whine worked, even though it was a little feeble.
  • lol thanks @desperate-dan . I was originally just gonna go for above-average, but when i got that close call, i decided "Hey, why not go for top score? What could go wrong?"
  • Er...everything?
  • Speaking of things going wrong our local butcher fell backwards into his bacon slicer. He got behind in his orders.
  • Now that's the sort of joke I'd like to see in a Christmas cracker.
  • Yes @DeaperateDan I think @brianN is having his Christmas party now as the lockdown has been eased
  • Pretty sure that was a Ronnie Barker special.
  • There was an old man called Dan.
    Who scoffed at my joke with ixan.
    There's a price to be paid.
    I have a grenade.
    You'll both go out with a bang!

Thank you, I'm here all week. Unfortunately for you lot.
  • @brianN priceless
    Insert roly man
    Boom boom
  • I wonder where the princess is.
  • Absorbed in Peaky Blinders.
  • She left me and @gumdy in charge for a couple of weeks nothing else said.
    She will be back soon
  • Fell out of one of @brianN crackers
    i for one like roman numerals
  • Hmm, could we have a @kathy free page? I challenge anyone to find one?
  • Penny just dropped @ixan57.
  • As Frank Carson used to say "It's a cracker!" (Google my N. American friends)

Hey @ixan57, you'd better get the BP ship shape and in Bristol fashion. The Royal one is bound to make an appearance before page's end. And take down that photo shopped poster of Biden sitting on Trump's head.
  • @brianN she's back, her highness is just lurking about somewhere.
    I think that's @kathy over at the table in the corner, smoking the cigar, fake glasses and moustache kidding on she is reading a newspaper.
    We know who you are
  • The mustache is real.

What's going on? Showers in April! Far too seasonal. Has Greta Thunberg single handedly reversed climate change? (or Funberg as my lad calls her, ironic really.) Anyway it's driving me bonkers, I don't know whether to stick or twist.Are we back to never casting a clout till May is out?
  • @catsnbitds @all

Simon’s cat: "Working from home":

https://youtu.be/yDYT4sbRbYg
  • @TomPuss without me googling i am trying to think of the TV road safety advert cat's name.
    The cat above prompted me, Simon says. But that's a computer game. It was xxxxxxxxx says a load of nonsense and voice-over translates what the cat said.
  • May Day.

That's an observation, not a cry for help.
  • Hey @ixan57, I do remember the adverts but can't for the life of me remember the cat's name.
  • Hey O owlish one. How come the Slam Dunk badge is still open but the Anchors Away badge is closed? Both depend on getting hold of older versions. Just curious.
  • Hello @tompuss, did you see that item on BBC news about the duck that laid its eggs on a 9th floor balcony.?
  • Ah now, curiosity killed the cat, remember.

I could do with a puppy. Got pretty close today. But I guess the 7 years bad luck is still going.
  • I applied for a job as a joke explainer. I didn't get it.
  • Don't be too hard on yourself @desperatedan, you're definitely better at explaining jokes than telling them.

Q for all you seasoned Seasons flingers(that includes you superb owl, and you @gumby,hope you're on the up and up.) I remember collecting the bird wear via the quests when I first started playing but didn't do them every day thinking they would just appear until all birdwear was collected. Of course I know now that it was finite and eventually quests became only a means of collecting coins and teleport birds. I was able to complete my stunning collection of bijou birdwear by doing all of the challenges.
    After taking forever to get here my q is:Now that the Pig Challenge is no longer with us is it possible for new players, or those who lose progress to collect all birdwear via the quests only?
  • I haven't the foggiest clue as to what you are on about @brianN. Nothing new there then. Slightly underwhelmed by end of LOD but clearly that can't be the end - Woot!
  • @BrianN I have no idea!
  • @BrianN Bird wear? Really?
  • On the bird front, my wife did a double take when I told her there were a pair of Great Tits just outside the window. This is absolutely true and coincided with her turning over the monthly page of her bird calendar to reveal exactly the same birds.
  • @kathy is cutting it fine if she wants to avoid missing a page.
  • @BrianN those pig challenges you talk about, eventually you will get one of the missing ham dunk levels. don't beat your score as you will be able progress the missing levels by mis flinging the birds and using the progress arrow. i've currently got ham dunk 2-2 on the 3 challenge quest. 2-8 and 3-7 pops up a lot
  • Buckles!?!
  • I know what you mean @ixan57. I have those levels on an older version, but that's a good ploy to save a few pennies
  • So @desperatedan your wife is looking at great tits in a calendar? Is there something she's not telling you?
  • OK guys when I say birdwear I mean hats specifically. Does that help?
Post in the New Forum!