The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2720
  • 159657 Comments
  • OB please set up a few drinks for my green friend. I've missed him again.
    A long eared ice tea sounds fine
    Nighy night all xx
  • @SweetP @Kathy @anyone else -- I need someone to do me a favor and look at the members' map. @smwforever45 @redyoshi45 does not see any dots when he / she looks at the map. Please look at the link I posted earlier today. Thanks
  • @hoopla -- Welcome to the BP! I've seen you as iPuffle around, but don't remember you visiting the BP. Have you been in before? Hope to see you around.
  • Going there now @mvnla2 brb
  • @mvnla2 i Can't look at the table,, where is smwforever supposed to be on the map? You want to know if i see a dot right?
  • I see both @smwforever45 and @redyoshi45 on the map @mvnla2, hope that helps?
    Wow there is lot of dots on that map, from all over the world!!
    Hi @ hoopla aka @ipuffle nice to see you here:) make yourself comfy , have drink and meal in the house, please read page 1 if you haven't already, it explains how we got started and a few rules we try to follow. Also there's a jukebox and a menu:)
  • @kathy WASSSUUUPPP
    @hunnybunny thanks for the drinks, I am going to go redeem those virtual drinks for some real ones :)
    @jlz666 the soup looks great, if only I liked those kinds of soups. Still looks delicious
    @bernersenn wolf looks like he's having a great time running around :)
    @mvnla2 keep us posted on the fire situation so at least we will know if you are safe
  • @Kathy -- Thanks! @smwforever45 / @redyoshi45 couldn't see any dots. At least I know I'm not the only person who sees them. Have no clue why he / she can't.
    Not sure why you can't look at the table??? What happens when you try?
  • @gumby @kathy -- As I said the fire is so far from here I was never worried about it. It just caused some interesting atmospheric effects. Haven't checked on the status of the fire today, but either the fire is out or the wind must be blowing the smoke the other direction.
  • yep @Mvnla2 the dots are there, when I try to look at the table, it says I don't have permission "
    I'll try and take a screenshot to show you exactly. .brb
  • I'm going to eat dinner ,bbl
  • @Kathy -- It appears that I didn't change the permission so that anyone else can view it. Thought I did, but will have to redo. Not right now, though.
  • They look delicious but no hot soups for me today @JLZ666. Too hot outside! Instead, homemade gazpacho. Cool and refreshing.
  • @mvnla2 No rush, happy i could help you; )
    Hi @Pa
    soory @gumby I missed your Waaasssuppp! ! have fun, maybe next time:D
  • @rat too hot here also but ICE cold beer took care of that :)
    @kathy YA next time :)
    @mvnla2 those wildfires can change direction and get seriously out of control, so be careful
  • @gumby -- We have lived with lots of wildfires, some a lot closer, and we have never worried about being in danger. I think they seem a lot more dangerous to those across the country than to those in the same area.
  • Man does not, should not, live on beer alone @Gumby. Eat something. Might I recommend a cool refreshing gazpacho. It goes well with beer.
  • @Pa @gumby had chicken fingers,;)
  • Nighty night @Pa
  • OMG I almost just died!! embarrassing but i have false front bottom teeth, just took a big sip of water, and almost swallowed them, they were stuck in my throat! ! Thank God Dave woke up, I don't know what he did but he saved my life!! I was sooooooo scared! He banged on my back which i don't think helped but he told me to breathe, meanwhile I'm trying hard to choke them up, putting my finger down my throat trying to get them out which finally i did! ! scariest moment of my life!!;not sure why I'm telling you all this ,I'm still shaking! !!
    Nighty night:( good news, I'm alive ...
  • @kathy be careful with those teeth, aren't they supposed to be stuck on with something that holds them in place?

Edit: they have adhesive creams for dentures, my grandma used that
  • @rat yes I had chicken fingers with the beers :)
  • Did ya clip the toe nails off the chicken fingers before you ate them @Gumby? BTW, I was wrong. The gazpacho is for tomorrow. It needs to age like a fine wine. All I had tonight was a white fish in brown butter sauce, fresh green beans with new potatoes, corn on the cob, and a fresh peach pastry. Darn, I could have had chicken feet.

That sounds scary @Ma. Please be careful with those new teeth.
    Nighty nite @Ma
  • aww, what a cute puppy @bernersenn! My puppy is getting 3 in November already. I can remember so well, him being 12 weeks.

@kathy that sounds scary! Glad nothing serious happened. Can't you get them stuck somehow? My front teeth are getting kept in place from the two side teeth.

@mvnla2 hope the fires don't reach you.
  • @trishohara thanks. Right, times goes fast, the puppy will be gone soon.
  • OMG @Kathy what a scary moment! I have partial bottoms, two on the right and four on left. Connected by a bridge that fits behind my own front ones. I think you should see your dentist to have them adjusted for a snug fit!
    I'll send a PM to you.
  • *bernersenn you're a breeder? Isn't it very hard to part with the puppies?
  • the * should be a @... it's too humid and hot here to type, I guess
  • @trishohara, I think @bernersenn means the puppy stage in Wolf will be gone soon, lol.
  • @sweetp @trishohara
    What I meant is that this little man will look totally different in a few months. With 8 months they look as an adult dog. Of course out of proportion. Long tall body, long legs.
  • The reason why this fire has spread so quickly is because there hasn't been any other fires in the chaparral areas in decades coupled with years of drought. This makes it prime fuel for rapid burning. And along with winds pushing onshore with 40 mph gusts in changing directions makes it hard for both ground and air support to get a grip on this wildfire. The heavy smoke is so thick, helicopter and fixed-wing pilots are having a difficult time targeting areas to drop fire retardant and water on the ground.
  • OB, please whip up a strawberry and banana smoothie for me please. Time to head to the garage to groom my dog. Going to shave him down so that he'll be cooler during this awful heatwave. I might have time enough before the day really gets too warm to groom another one of my dogs.

Have a happy flinging day everyone!
  • @bernersenn ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. Oh yes, they look like an adult dog. But they don't know that they do ;-) Devon still thinks he's a 7kg puppy who can easily sit on a lap. (25kg Border Collie)

@sweetP hope the fire is under control very soon. It sounds scary. And such dimensions, it's hard for a German to imagine. Here a fire that big would destroy several complete towns
  • @trishohara, @kathy @sweetp -- Just to repeat, I think I said that the fire was 40 or 50 miles from here (I checked on map), and it's probably at least twice as far from SweetP. We live on the ocean side of the Santa Monica Mountains. There isn't any smoke in the air at our house.
    @trishohara -- The next time you come to the U.S., you really need to visit the west to understand what vast stretches of land are totally unpopulated. I think most Europeans have no idea.
  • @trishohara perhaps I could been more clear.
    About sitting on the lap, this little guy likes it very much. But... The bitch also (55 kg), and our Don too (63 kg).
  • @sweetp those fires sounds like they are used to have in Australia. An former colleague is moved to Australia and he yearly sents these kind of messages. Fire is horrible, that's what I think. I'm glad to hear that you and @mvnla2 are safe.
  • @trishohara, @mvnla2 is correct. We are at quite far distances from the wildfires so we are safe.

Thank you @bernersenn.
  • Hey everyone, sorry I should have explained, ,my 4 front bottom teeth are temporary (have had them 10 years lol) Just got new upper teeth and in the process of getting bottoms I was trying to decide between Full or partial (with the clip things to hold them ) Which I've now definitely decided on, as the adhesive won't stick very well to my bottom gums. Called the Dentist today to speed up the process! ! Thank you all for your kind words♡

Wish i had Wolf's strong teeth lol:)
  • so happy for the reassurance @sweetp and @Mvnla2 that you are both well out of the way of the fire!
  • @kathy don't scare us to death again. Where would we be without you?

Jealous now of @bernersenn @trishohara @sweetp We have NO dog! Not for many years, our current house is not really suitable, three stories, steep stairs, tiny garden :-(
    But I Want a dog! Want one now!

Glad our west coast friends are safe

Check out the forum
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/seasons-just-got-easier/page/14/#post-157035
    I've hit two trophies in twelve hours, Woo Hoo, but they were really levels that had got easier, I expect to see the Sherrif tomorrow!
  • @sweetp is there a reason why @admins doesn't work anymore? And hunnybunny i promise to try not to scare you all again:) thanks for making me feel needed: D
    OB I'll have one of those strawberry banana drinks Sweetp mentioned,, and add a spot of Sunshine's super secret flinging potion:) please
  • For once i remember tommorow is Whine Tuesday!
    we can always start early, it's Tuesday somewhere lol

*Sets out baskets of earplugs on the bar, and on the tables, ,one on the table by the door *
    Welcome to Wwwwwwihhhhhiiiiinnneee Tuesday; ;)
    feel free to Whine about any level that is giving you trouble, it can't hurt..
    OB I'll have another one of those Strawberry Banana smoothies with a shot of vodka and a double shot of sunshine's super secret flinging stuff :)
    SC #3 is making me crazy Wwwwwwihhhhhiiiiinnneee
  • Teeth out:D headphones in..listening to my book, good night all. .happy flinging May the AngrybirdsGoddess shine Down luck on all♧
    Nighty nig4ht @Pa
  • @kathy WASSSSSUUUPP yes good idea to take them out before sleeping, no more BIG scares like that ok?
    @rat chicken fingers might be preferable to chicken feet, but its up to you
    @hunnybunny I guess its time I posted a picture of my doggie, she is 8 years old now

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/gumby/album/picture/19977/
  • click on the arrow on that picture to see a picture of my other dog he is 6 years old ( sorry the picture is sideways
  • Good morning guys.
    @Rat Space Challenge today, hurry
Post in the New Forum!