The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2474
  • 159692 Comments
  • @kathy
    It took me 35 mins to get my first 190k+ score, but my 199k was obtained in less than 10 minutes. I am unsure it is really worth waiting long.
  • @Sglouk, but you're not French are you? Your English doesn't give out even a hint that it might be your second language.
  • @fenikus
    Thanks. I am certainly better when I write than when I speak.
  • Ouch, forgot that the 16h waiting period had come to an end, and just completed a stupid 1pt mission while flinging in some mirror world level...
  • Hiya @Kathy! How are you doing in the new Space levels? I haven't been following along, so I'm totally in the dark.

Hope you're all snuggly warm through that nasty Juno blizzard! Oh my, I was watching a weather report on it and that whole coast is getting hammered. Please don't venture out if you don't have to, with the flooding and icy roads, it's a real mess out there. Hopefully your power and internet connection doesn't go out on you, either. Stay safe, dear friend. Big (((HUGS)))

• @sweetp I'm doing o.k in the storm so far;) lots and lots of snow.. I'm not going anywhere; )
  • My apologies to you Mr. @Sglouk if no one has told you I like to pull on a leg from time to time (and in between). It is Mister correct? You feel like a mister. But that could be me misinterpreting your Frechiness. The internet is a strange place. Most people think I'm a sixty year old one eyed fat man. In fact I could be a sixteen year old shy girl. ha ha Who knows? The only thing I know for sure is I need to go improve my score on 6-26. Someone left a challenge and good notes there.

Hi @SweetP. Welcome to the hurry up and wait Brass Hogs. You've been missed.

@JLZ666 I've said on many occasions I'd rather be lucky than skilled at flingin'. So me saying you're lucky is the highest compliment I can give you. Sorry if you took that the wrong way.

@Ma You're not still watch that one blue on 9-4 are you? Maybe it's time to reset and try again. lol

@Sglouk I haven't tried the time hack workaround on getting your next missions yet but the points required to get the next level are about to force me to learn how. Does Rovio actually expect me to wait 40 points worth of mission to get a new level opened. I'm not going to wait a week between levels. No way!! Nope! Not gonna do it!
  • i think this update has made it impossible to improve on previous scores! !
    and no @Pa i still havent managed 9-4 it's a mirror level which in comparison Doesnt mirror the original whatsoever:/
  • For example I'm trying to improve Beak impact 1 level 7 using ollygod top score strat.. not happening:/
  • @Ma Anything over 113/114k requires getting lucky with a piece of debris. Since you have 114k, I'd select another mission. What'd it offer? Three points?
  • Pa its my first 10 pt mission lol..go figure . i guess @mvnla2 is correct in saying that We with the high scores will have difficulty with those missions. well she didnt say in so many words that's how i took it^/ hmm what to do what to do¿
  • my whole point is with this update it seems very hard to beat previous scores..
  • Ok no i Did quitb the Beak impact mission now on Pig Bang 1-27 and still can't beat it:(
  • someone please try Pig Bang 1-27 and see if you can beat or get close to previous score
    @Pa @sglouk ? I've a feeling with the update things are changed
  • You're right Ma. They did change 1-27. For the better I think. You can shoot backwards again. The highest scores were achieved before the update got rid of that feature. I have a low score because I played it after the update. I'm going to leave it low in case I get one of your 10 pointers.
  • @Ma There's some info in the early walkthroughs about how to shoot the blues to the left and activate behind the sling. I don't know where. I've never done it. But I'd fling a few for 10 points.
  • Maybe I should try some of these ten point missions. At least with 1-27 they made it easier to get a higher score.
  • enough for me.have a great night all
    Night Pa Thanks for your help♡
  • No problem Ma.
    Sleep tight with a stack of blankets beside the bed. Who knows if or when the power might go out?
  • Good night @Kathy, stay snuggly warm and safe.

OB, where's her flashlight? Thanks, I'll just give it a nice sparkly shine and change the batteries. Got some new scented wax for the warmer, cinnamon apples that will guide her safely through dreamland.

Thanks @rat, I miss hanging out with you all, too! Now, about these missions, I got quite a bit of flinging to do! Dang it, I wish today was still Tuesday. I need to do more whining! Can't seem to get that flinging backwards to work as well as I'd like.

Edit: I'm going to abandon Space, since I can't complete this 3rd mission! I don't want to buy any eagles!
  • @sweetp hit the "X" in the top right corner of that mission, it will cancel it & give you another one in 30 minutes. :)
    @kathy still tucked up at home? Hope you didn't have to work today.
  • Hey Good Afternoon Everyone:)
    i just discovered a new feature i haven't seen mentioned, on the tally page where you see your score underneath has an option to 'share' and if you hit that it replays what you just did and records it! then you can share the video. i don't have wifi on so I couldn't share it but its cool ! now we can all record our game play with a touch of a button! !
  • Thanks @karen68, I guess all is not lost then I can continue in a half-hour!

That is a cool feature @kathy! I'll have to try that when I get a new mission.
  • @blahalb09 -- Sorry I missed you. Great to see that you stopped by, and hope you come by again.
    @all -- A lot of catching up to do today. Guess the bad weather in the east is keeping everyone indoors.
    @Rat -- I think the last level in Brass Hogs requires 60 more points! What on earth are they thinking? Even if you advance the date, that's six 10-point missions, and I didn't get a single 10 pointer yesterday, despite deleting lots of missions for lower points.
  • @kathy I don't know what you mean by the tally page. Do you mean in the game or in the nest? I can't see anything that points me in this direction. I've 5 hrs to go till next mission and I'll be in bed before then but is that where I should look?
    Hope you're enjoying your 2nd snow day! Also hope you got some time off from "her indoors!"
  • ohh no @Jlz666 you know when you beat the level Any level and the screen comes up tallying up your score and giving your stars? is on that screen in the game itself undeneath the 3 star there is a button says 'share'
    I'll try to get a screenshot if you can't find it.sorry that's the best i can explain:(
  • Ahhh ok @kathy,I'll give it a go. I take it it's just space?
  • Yeeeesh.....maybe tomorrow. I can be bothered trying to find a level I want to improve on tonight. Think I'll wait till tomorrow's missions then it'll feel like I have something to aim for! Thanks for the heads up though @kathy Great find!
  • np @Jlz666 sorry i can't explain better.. it's not just improved scores . it's on any completed level closing screen
    Stay safe and warm please♡
  • @kathy it's blowing a heck of a blizzard right now but we've been out with the neighbours clearing as much as we can and putting salt down so it's up to Mother Nature now ;) As long as we can get out of the cul de sac,then the village tomorrow morning I'll be happy! Me need money I'm afraid! I've got to get to work. I've finished a level in red planet Kathy but nothing appeared???? Is it only in Brass hogs and mirror?
  • nope @Jlz666 i just played Pig Bang level 1 for the heck of it to see if the 'share' button is they're and it is..maybe just android feature hmm
    @sweetp you saw it also correct?
  • Well that's seriously annoying @kathy @sweetp :( I've tried various levels and completed 3 stars but the screen is normal,I can't see any extras. As an FYI my problem with video showing wrong pic in level 12 is now back again :(
  • Hmm, that's quite interesting you don't see the button @JLZ666. I guess it must be only for Android devices as @Kathy mentioned? Strange!

Sorry about your wrong pic problem in 12. Have you tried exiting the game and restarting your device to clear out your history/cache then trying again?
  • :( Sorry @Jlz666 which level 12 are you having trouble with? Brass Hogs? sorry i haven't read up.. have you contact Estar.. maybe a glitch. .i had a problem a bit ago with the same thing but ot was in Rio. then suddenly it fixed. try rebooting. you have ios right? or ?
  • hmm that is odd @Jlz666 idk why there would be a difference with the same update. ¿
  • I'm not having problems with level 12 @kathy @sweetp it's the picture in the thumbnail that shows level 11. Look at the walkthrough for my comments. Sal and bird leader tried to help and whatever happened worked but now it's messed up again. If this thing you're talking about is android led then I'm ok with it,at least it's not an apple problem.....hopefully ;)
  • i think maybe it's an android feature only for now seeing as you dont have it
    @sweetp maybe you could research the issue?
    @Jlz666 I'll have a peek at your comment as in headed into level 12 now finally!
  • Well I Thought i was headed to level 12 gotta conplete a darn mission first!!
    OB a SpacePigKiller please!! I'm with @burpie on my feelings of this update..spending more time on stupid missions than flinging for points on leadeboard!!
  • The only thing I've not done is update to latest ios8.1.3 Since I got the new iphone 6 I'm paranoid! @kathy I'm just taking each day as it comes with the missions. One a day at a time is ok with me to be honest. There's no rush!
  • i agree I'm in no rush @Jlz666 , i just meant i fee like I'm spending more time on missions than actually the new levels which of course cannot be unlocked without completing missions..
    i dont blame you for not updating to ios8 I've heard many not so good things which make me happy i stuck with Android
  • Don't get me started on ios8 @kathy. They actually solved the main issues I/we were having a few updates ago but I'm just cautious about the new one. If I'm having problems then it's probably time. I'd like to know if @karen68,@estar and @rat can see the new feature?
  • believe me @Jlz666 i don't mean to get you started lol..sorry
    but yes Ike i said i haven't seen this feature mentioned at all by anyone anywhere?
    at first i thought it was a FB thing so i ignored it..but curiosity got the better of me and i was quite surprised to see the game i just played in action as a recording!
  • @JLZ666 and @kathy I don't think this is an option for IOS, does not appear on my iPad.
  • ty @catsnbirds @Jlz666 did you see this?
  • its strange usually ios gets the features before android.
    I'm curiosity also @karen68 @burpie @anyone using android?
    ooohh oohh @sparty83 ?
  • Heading to bed @kathy but thanks for the info @catsnbirds. Strange indeed Kathy?? I'll check in tomorrow and see what's going on. Nighty night x
    It's still throwing down the White stuff :(
  • Hi @Kathy, I see the Share button too. (Android phone.) When I press it, I see a lovely replay of the level but when I hit the button to actually share the replay with others nothing happens. Perhaps because of my firewall settings. Too bad there's no option to save the video locally.
Post in the New Forum!