The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2435
  • 159667 Comments
  • @Kelani -- Epic only allows friends on Facebook.
    Hi @all! I suppose one way to shorten the time you spend on Epic is to run out of potions, which are desperately needed for the gold vortex in the event, and for Cave 11. Having a hard time with Cave 11 Ninja's even with some level 41 friends. FYI, level 41 is no longer obtainable; only possible if you played beta release, which was only available in some countries (or to those who figured out how to get from those countries). And don't tell me that would be easy; I know, just didn't bother since I wasn't convinced I would play. HA!
  • @bernersenn -- Hope you are having a nice Sunday. It is a really quiet day when I change the page. We haven't gone of daylight savings, for some obscure reason. Has most of Europe?
  • @mnla2 yes, most of Europe has turned the clock back, lol. This sunday has 25 hours! Imagine, what you could do in the extra hour.
  • @mvnla2 obscure reason? That triggered my attention, what reason?
  • @mvnla2 the DST reasons aren't obscure, and some of them actually make sense. We had a debate about this a few weeks ago, I think.

@JLZ I didn't say I fixed it. I said it was fixed. :)
  • @Bernersenn @Kelani -- I said obscure because I'm not sure what they are. Kelani -- If there was a discussion I missed it or have forgotten it. (Please don't tell me I was part of it.) We used to end daylight savings the last weekend of Oct., but not this year. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that Oct. 31st is a Fri.
  • @Mumsie Yea!!! MSU is still #1. Your new shirt with the scary head on it worked. The final score was a little higher than I expected, but we won by fourteen points just as I predicted. You need to go into the garden and retrieve that cowbell. We need you on our side for the rest of the season. Doesn't hubby have somewhere he can go on Saturdays? Or maybe you can take home a pair of whining earplugs for him.
  • @mvnla2, @all Yes our clocks went back today. Wish it could happen every weekend! Personally, I don't like summertime, tho' most people do. . When we first started going to Swizerland, it was on mountain time but that's been changed since, to my chagrin. . . Interesting to see how it works on the other side of the pond:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_in_the_United_States#Local_DST_observance

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Time_Zone

Spectacular night sky: aurora substorm (in real time, not time-lapse):

http://youtu.be/ErJxm670CSU
  • @Kelani -- Guess I'm a few years out of date about when DST ends.
    @TomPuss -- Never let it be said that the states don't exercise their independence whenever given the slightest chance. Don't know if you're aware that the Indian Nations have their own laws. I probably shouldn't say more, because it's somewhat vague to me.
    Other interesting tidbits I learned while working on the Members' Map;
    The state of Tennessee is divided into 2 time zones.
    India is on UTC + 5:30 (I guess they're good at compromising). I thought there was a country off by 15 min, but can't it doesn't seem to be on the map.
  • @kelani -- I guess the reason I keep thinking that DST changes the last weekend of Oct is because it always got dark early eons ago when I went trick-or-treating, and I thought the idea was to wait until it was dark so it would be spookier. But I guess a lot of people are more worried about safety than spookiness. Oh, well.
  • @mvnla2 I only know one thing about Indian time (other than its five and half hours ahead of GMT) if you turn your GMT set watch upside down, it gives you the time in India. Not a digital watch, obviously
  • Hi all looks like I've missed a few pages, I had a troubling week
    @mvnla2 I too was wondering why we haven't turned the clocks back yet it usually is before Halloween i thought.
    OB I'll have a PigKiller please:)
  • @mvnla2 IIRC, they extended the time before DST ends a few years ago, because it would save a lot of peak-time energy usage.
  • Hmm my notification isn't working.anyway good night all
    I didn't realize that @kelani that they extended dlst I wish they'd do away with it all together but i guess the farmers need it.
    Way past my bedtime night all
  • Night Pa
  • Go Dawgs

Love you're pretty nightlights @Mumsie. Wish we had a sky like that in SC. I started scrolling through the pics, each one more interesting than the last, but had to stop when I realized there were 60,000 of them. Whoa...
  • @mvnla2 I now think the event levels in Epic get harder the higher level you are. I could beat the orange vortex almost without potions in level ~22, and today in level 29 I got beat up even before getting to the boss dragon. Maybe that's why I'm above four level 37 guys on my leaderboard.
  • Beautiful @mumsie. I've never had the pleasure of seeing the northern lights but to be honest I've not seen the regular sky for a few days so I'll take a bit of blue over the spectacular.
    @kelani Ahhhhhh ok,that makes more sense! Sorry,I thought you'd developed magic powers;)
    @kathy Here's hoping for a better week for you XX
    @all There's no way I could live without daylight savings time change. By mid winter I would have about 5hrs daylight! I know some people don't like it but I need light.
  • @Kathy -- Here's hoping this week is better!
  • @JLZ That's my story anyway. ;) btw, how's the aftermath of that failed referendum treating you?
  • Curiouser and curiouser @kelani ;) Well of course nothing has changed even after promises were made. I didn't believe things would to be honest,it's politics after all ;) Personally,life is no better but no worse so that's ok by me. Life would have been very uncertain for a long,long time if it had went the other way. Thanks for asking,I appreciate that :D
  • @All If you have ever suggested a new badge somewhere, and remember the link, or any details about it, can you paste it here? I'm making a list of the best suggestions to give to BL

@JLZ Well, I knew you were very worried about it, and I care :) Also, since US media doesn't consider that story worthy of airtime, you're my best source for info on how things are going :)
  • Hi everyone and Thanks for the well wishes @Jlz666 and @mvnla2 so far (it's only Monday) the week has started out o.k
    @Mumsie I've always longed to see the northern lights thank you♡

@kelani I'll think on that one. .
    OB I'll have a PigKiller please; )
  • When you say paste it here @Kelani, do you mean in the BP addressed to you?
  • @Rat Just a link to the thread or post. Addressed to me is nice, but I'll notice it either way. They can PM it too, unless they want others to read it
  • speaking of badges, the B&R backlog will be cleared tomorrow as soon as I can wake up and make some coffee.
  • @Kelani call me a dumdum but I always have trouble finding the abn avatar contest so I typed it on the search bar and it brougt me to your forum on 'ideas for abn' I wonder if others have this trouble. Ilooked in 'all forums' no luck the only way i can find it is to go to 'old forums' and click on the 'this forum has been moved' link :(
  • @Kathy If you go to the Forums main page, it's usually in the list of recent topics. I have trouble finding it because it's in General Discussions, instead of All Things Nest.

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/abn-avatar-contest-2014/

I should ask if it can be made sticky.
  • Oohh thanks @kelani I didn't think to look inn general discussions ty
  • @Kathy nobody does. And since that forum's so busy, it falls off the recent topics list. I asked BL if I could sticky it, so it'll always be at the top.
  • Oh no! Another of my top scores in Space is on the challenge block. Maybe @Comex666 is on vacation.
  • Lol like a post-it @Kelani ? Jeez you think I'd been here long enough to find my way around .. but nope I've always been wandering around the nest like that little birdie in the book 'are you my mother' I think it was dr.suess
  • Noooooooo @Pa :( where ????

P.s. I hate cold cuts :/
  • @Kathy I always forget where it is too. No idea why search takes you to my post, though.
  • Ya @kelanj I found that odd maybe a glitch?
  • Red Planet S-12 @Ma. I'm feeling fairly secure about this one though. I'm 4k above 4th, 3k above 3rd, and 2k above @Kelani in 2nd. Good effort Kel.
  • I agree with ya on Cold Cuts @Ma. Not my favorite world in Space.
  • Night Pa♡
  • Night Ma
  • @Kathy @estar ABN Avatar Contest thread is now sticky, so it's #2 in General Discussions.

Yay, Space Red Planet S-12 challenge finally came up. Also the first place I recall speaking to Mr. @Rat
  • @mvnla2, just FYI...that DST begins at 2:00am on the second Sunday in March, and ends on 2:00am the first Sunday in November.

In Europe, they call it "Summer Time" and it changes at 1:00am GMT on the last Sunday in March, then ends on the last Sunday in October.

How do I know this? (and I didn't even do a Google search!) I used to be an import/export admin for a large company, so I had to know these things to schedule online meetings for our international clients.
  • @kelani, are you still awake?
  • @SweetP By most standards, yeah :P
  • PM comin' at you.
  • @SweetP Pm comin' back atcha.
  • @Rat I think you mean Can-Attila in 2nd. I've been 3rd since that conversation of ours in the walkthrough. I hope to change that today, though. Hopefully in an upward direction. Challenges when i'm in the top 10 always seem to move me in the other direction :)
  • You're not in second @Kelani? You need to rectify that. The secret on the challenge is to score over 90k on the first shot. ha ha
Post in the New Forum!