The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2433
  • 159587 Comments
  • @Kelani I've been meaning to ask you about the mentos ? They dont have them where you live?
  • @Kathy we have the normal mint ones (they're made in Kentucky!), but In Dutchieland, they have a kind called AIRMentos, which are strong mint with a little menthol/eucalyptus oil. So, they're like chewy cough drops. I love 'em, and eat them like, well, candy. :)

A roll of 15 pieces costs very little there, but if I want to buy them, the only seller is in Thailand, and a bag of 30 pieces is like $35 :o(
  • Naw @Kelani we have the kind with the burst inside no? I thought we did hmm
    Well that's cool estar can get em for ya:)
  • @kelani You weren't fazed, at least! Reason this gal is into stuff like that is that I translated for an aerospace magazine (French to English) for 15 years. . Always loved space best and it's been nice to see some of the programs taking shape back then become a reality at last, specially the Huygens Probe. . .
  • @TomPuss -- Wow! I had no idea you were a techie at heart!
  • Time for me to call it a night see all tomorrow!
  • Night Ma
  • @Kathy I'm not aware of any Mentos with any kind of special center. I'll have to look into that. From what I've seen in online candy stores, USA people just get the boring old regular stuff.

@estar is a very smart girl. She's getting me hooked with with these gifts, but I think she knows there's a ton of money to be made running an international candy-trafficking cartel. Less jail time, too!

@TomPuss Now I feel dumb! You definitely told me that before, and we even talked about aerospac-ey things. I think my brain turns off my memory to save energy, when I'm working on something. :)
  • Hi @all,

My working situation is getting worse. No play ABSp these time except last weekend. Even I saw several noti e-mail mainly from @Rat9, I couldn't visit BP so sent the reply but recognized it was not updated on BP.
    Anyhow, I found very interesting level with my iPAD2 last weekend.

Device : iPAD2 (IOS7.1)
    ABSp version : 2.0.1
    Level : Danger Zone D-3

I clearly remember D-3. 2 years ago, I spent, at least, 20hrs to get 1 birdy but now it is too easy to get it. Just played 30 min last Sun and experienced more than 20 times 1-birdy. If debris(mainly big iceball) approached to 3rd TNT, triangle fell to TNT then boom~!. I do not know if it works only for iPAD or not. FYI, not happened with my iPhone5. If you're curious my aiming point, the pic is in my album.

Thanks,
    Romo
  • @kelani - I'm going to use that phrase "my brain turns off my memory to save energy"! Not sure I will be able to add when I'm working on something - but who cares it could get me out of sticky situations especially when I just have not been listening!
  • Hi @BeautifulVVorld.

I also spent too many hours to count on D-3. It was my nemesis in Danger Zone. After spending so much time on it, I'm sad that now it's easy to get a one-birder. TT
    Others should have to work as hard as we did if they want great scores. ha ha

• Mumsie tidies away her knitting contraption having achieved her aim of 100 dusters for the secret supply box in B&R so she will now revert to just one pair of needles at a time!
  • @Mumsie feel free to use it :) I think there's actually some truth to it.
  • Sorry to mess up YOUR count @Burpie. But I took back Cosmic Crystals and Cold Cuts. That leaves the count at nine firsts for me and two for you in Space. Don't do it again or I'll make it ten and one. Mwhahaha...ha ha...ha ...eeeehhh

Edit: Feel free to take more than ten minutes to beat me this time.
  • @rat WTG! You obviously relish a challenge!
  • I do @Mumsie. You just don't know how happy @Burpie made me yesterday when he immediately retook the lead in Cosmic Crystals. I miss our back and forth.
  • What a neat day. I gave the midoki devs. (Plunder Pirates) a list of safe/unsafe to block naughty words and slurs that I made for my old site, and they just said they're going to going to add it to the game and their forums!
  • Good for you @Kelani. Gave? It sounds like money should have exchanged hands.
  • @Rat It will, in a roundabout way. They offered to give me gems for use in the game. they already gave me about $3 worth because of a bug where I lost a full day's production, so I'm curious how they'll value this.
  • Now if I can just get a puppy by beating a Mighty Manu score in the next two hours, this will become an awesome day. :)
  • You can't eat or sell imaginary gems @Kelani. What happened to cold hard cash
  • I didn't get to play the Space challenge, 7-29, a few days ago, but I felt good enough two days later to play it. I had to because you challengers had pushed me out of the top ten. Anyway, I scored well above what was needed for a puppy. Wish I'd felt better earlier. No puppy for me. But I found the sweet spot. Numerous scores over 130k.
  • @Rat Gems become quite valuable when all the stuff you're building will take over a week to finish. There's one player who's used them for everything. I figure he's spent close to $10k in the first month alone. ( I've spent $0 )

Cash would be nice, but fear not. While the English version was free, the other eight languages won't be. :)
  • Yea!! You got your foot in the door @Kelani. Look out, here comes millions.

10K? Really? He's got bigger problems than a unfinished castle.
    Edit: Someone needs to pull back the curtains and open the blinds. He needs to see the light of day. Reality needs to get into that room. 10k?
  • @Rat 10k at LEAST. And that's just in the first month! I'm thinking someone found out how to dip into their trust fund ahead of schedule. The funny thing is, he's French. Since it's a combat game, that's amusing in several ways. :) I'd better run before TomPuss comes after me with a magnetron.
  • It's a Nor' Easter' Pourin ' buckets blowin up a spout !!
    Probably gonna lose power so just in case I'll say my helllo and good night:(
  • @Kelani I refuse to believe someone could/would/did spend $10,000 buying gems, or whatever, for a video game. Nope. Don't believe it.
  • If you believe that @Kelani. I've got a hover board from Back to the Future I'll sell you for ten grand.
  • Night Pa
  • I hope you can stay dry @Ma.
  • Night Ma
  • Watch your step, @kathy - I got secret weapons you never dreamed of, tee-hee. . Seriously tho', don't forget I'm not a Frenchie, never will be. .
    Dors bien, ma petite princesse
  • @TomPuss Wow. It's like someone took a clown, a marching band and an aviary and made a chimera out of them :)
  • @Kelani I enjoy being the King Rat in Space. But I know I haven't spent twenty dollars in all of Angry Birds. If it cost money to be on top, I'd be near the bottom. I find it amazing that people will spend their way to the top. Where's the fun in that? But it must be so. You showed me a video on the internet. ha ha
  • @TomPuss I thought you were French too. What are you if not French?
  • @rat British expat, have lived in France for 44 years!
    @kelani If you google "Basler Fasnacht" and tap on "images", you will be wowed!
  • @TomPuss The Fasnacht in Basel is a marvelous event. I've been twice in the past 10 years and I look forward to going again!

@Rat9 Thanks for alerting me about your episode scores; I don't check the leaderboards twice per day like I used to. I see that the point difference is minimal but I don't know if I should accept the challenge... I know from experince that it'll be the beginning a two-month competition and in the end you'll still run over me like a drunk driver in an Abrams tank.
    I suppose it couldn't hurt to play the daily challenge in Cold Cuts ;-)
  • @TomPuss so let me get this straight. You've been in France since...almost forever, speak the language, married a native, but you're not a Frenchie. Hmm. I'm starting to think you may be a British spy :)

Google's down for me atm, but I will check it in the morning. :)

@Rat That $20 you've spent on AB is about as much as I've spent in the entire app store. If I find a rare game that I really like, and it's free, I'll kick them $2-3 for some IAP just to support it. But no way am I doing what this guy does. Even if I could, I'd rather be envied for my mind, not the size of my castle. :D
  • I like to keep it close @Burpie. If I get too far ahead, nobody will play with me. A good example is Eggsteroids. You're too far ahead. I won't bother you there. And you know how I feel about Pig Bang. Everything else is in play.

Daily challenge you say? Hmmm?

Edit: I'll let you take a fling at it first. I think I'll try to get some sleep. Good Luck.
  • @kelani Haven't found much to write home about lately - guess I spend too much time in this joint -:) Anyone you wanna denounce, just let me know -:)

@burpie You've seen it! Wonderful! With Hubz going there more often, we might see it too one day. NB He found a really good hotel, great service, it even has yellow ducks in the bathroom. FYI:

http://www.hotelspalentor.ch/en/
  • @TomPuss Thanks for the tip but the city center is too expensive for us. For the night of Fasnacht 2015 a double room at Spalentor is €240+. Their normal rate is €170+. Both times that we went, we stayed at a budget hotel just across the border (Hotel Citea, 92 Avenue de Bâle in Saint-Louis). It was a 2 minute walk from the hotel to the border - just walk across, no passport check - and from there it was 5 minutes to the city center by tram. During Fasnacht the trams do ride in the middle of the night.

@Rat9 & @ Kelani Really, $1000+ on IAPs in a single game?! Perhaps they used a hack? BTW, I just checked my old receipts, and I've spent about $70 on apps and donations to developers. I find that there are loads of useful little things. A selection of my own purchases/ donations:

To take control of my phone: SuperSU and Titanium Backup
    A nice eBook reader: Moon+
    For my photography: Sun Surveyor
    Off-line maps: OsmAnd (insanely useful when roaming)
    Chess on the go: Shredder, Yafi, and ChessBase Online
  • @Kelani @everyone I once used to play a certain online farming game. I knew quite a few people - ordinary people with ordinary income - on its forum who were spending ~$500 a month on it. And these were nowhere near the top of the leaderboard. The top five players, if they were real, must've been spending well over $10,000. I never paid anything ... there was a way to get the exclusive stuff for free if you were very patient, lucky, and willing to partially break one rule :)
  • Hi @Annifrid What makes you think the top five players weren't just more patient, luckier, and willing to completely break all rules.
  • @Rat They had about 10k times more XP and gold coins than I did. My method could only get you free bonus items like upgraded trees and animal sheds.
  • I know nothing about the game @Annifrid. XP? Gold coins? You might as well be speaking a foreign language. But money I understand. Or at least I did until you tell me people will pay thousands of dollars to win an online video game. Takes all kinds of insanity to make a world. My apologies to any Angry Birds player out there that's spent too much money trying to win a game. I didn't mean to offend.
  • @Rat XP = experience points ... the more one has, the higher level he is, the higher on the leaderboard he's placed.
  • I just had a thought. If people are willing to spend $10,000 to win a video game, I'm willing to sell my iPad with all it's lua files. You can be the King of Space. I'll even throw in a non-compete clause.

.......................................................TODAY'S SPECIAL..............................................

Buy my iPad, TODAY ONLY, for the low, low price of $8,995. You can be the King.

Be sure to buy the available maintenance agreement. For a one time fee of $3,995, I'll keep you in first. And don't forget those pesky future Space releases. I guarantee first place in each additional world released in Space for the unbelievably low price of $1,995. Shop around. You won't find better scores at this price.
Post in the New Forum!