The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2256
  • 159694 Comments
  • @Kathy 'Allo 'Allo portrayed a small costal town in France during WWII. They were speaking English with a Bad French accent. It was a satire.
  • Thanks @fenikus Roflmao !! I didn't watch the whole thing but it's funny. . Like a British version of 'ogans 'eroes me luv !!! Hahahahahahahamwwaahaha !!
  • Again me scared everyone away:(
    OB I'll have a Marmoset Killer please a double:)
  • Hogan's Heroes, eh? OK @Rat What was Schultz's job before the war? :)
  • Lots of good flinging going on in Timber Tumble, @bernersenn -- just finished entering my TT scores and I barely made it into top 10. We both need some catching up to do but on several levels I feel like I'm missing a bonus bird.
  • @Kelani, you made it back. I have to admit that your trip sounded a little…scary.

I hope there was no banjo playing :=>
  • @fenikus Then I must've described it wrong. It's one of the most beautifully scenic (and ridiculously expensive because of it) towns in the state. Seriously, dinner for four = $240. Ice cream = $10 each. Glad I wasn't paying. :>
  • @SweetP -- Sorry I haven't been around today, or late yesterday, for that matter. Played golf today, somewhat hot.
    Are you just starting SW II? If so using the Last Chance Strategy (LCS) is going to be extremely expensive. Even if you have been playing for a long time, you might not want to use it frequently.
    You can use your supply of characters. Tap the iron egg (?) icon at upper left to see how many of which characters you've got. If you don't have a character that you think would be useful, you can buy some at the shop using your gold coins or real $. So you need to plan in advance. I think the people who use the LCS frequently have permanent characters, or lots of telepods.
    The game awards you some characters as you progress through it, and also awards gold coins. As of the Galactic Giveaway, there are a lot of coins in all the levels. If you are interested in collecting characters, for getting through the Reward Chapter, let alone the new Master Your Destiny, you need to be diligent about collecting the carbonite melts.
    After completing Master Your Destiny a few weeks ago, and continuing to obsessively collect carbonite melts, I have 443 pork-side and 384 bird-side. I am saving them for the next episode, which will probably need them. I have not spent any real money on characters, and don't have any telepods.
  • @mvnla2 if you see any PC user with unusually high scores in those character-draining SW2 levels, be very suspicious. When checking my answers I gave SweetP last night, I discovered there's a few easily-available hacks that give PC users infinite coins. :(
  • @fenikus shultz became a Toy Store Owner After the war idk what his story was before except he had a bad childhood:/ I absolutely Loooved that show! ! 24-7 when i was inn the hospital in 1978 reruns lol!!
  • @Kathy t'wasn't fenikus that asked the question, but you were very close. He owned a toy factory :)

edit: they still show HH on Tvland, I think.
  • @kelani -- I missed something -- Where did you go?
  • @kelani -- I don't try to be above average in SW II, because there are too many people who are will to use, and pay for PUs, not to mention telepods.
  • @mvnla2 just went to dinner w/my mom, her boss and boss's husband, who's a friend of mine. Yes, I do occasionally leave the house :P

edit: paying for telepods and PUs is one thing, these PC guys have the ability to completely cheat the system. Infinite every character seems a bit more unfair.
  • Ohh sorry @kelani jeez didnt eE*get you 2 mixed up earlier also?
    Whadda ya mean I was close? That's what i said he owned a toy store /same thing; ) but it was cAFTER the war I don't think they ever gave his history before the war. I have a DAMN Error box without an 'X' out !!!! Never mind it had the X out..
  • Glad you had a nice time at dinner @kelani :) how's your mom doing ?
  • Nice view, @Kelani. Are those Blue Ridge Mountains?
  • @fenikus yep, although not so blue in that pic. Hard to believe it's only a 10 mile trip from that to this hellhole :P

@Kathy Thanks :) Mom's fine. Going out to eat w/friends always makes her happy. It's funny tho, cos she used to babysit the lady who's now her boss. They get along great, though, and her husband is that guy Joey I've mentioned, who's just an awesome person. We were at that restaurant one hour, and I swear he made 10 new friends talking to people at surrounding tables.
  • :) @kelani that's too funny. .your mom used to babysit her now boss! That is kinda weird. M she must have been a good babysitter;) ya that Joey sounds like a fun guy!
  • Brb one more butt..arghhhhhh WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee
    *blocks ears*** I a can't listening anymore! :( :*
  • @Kathy ...and boss's brother used to be one of my music teachers. His wife was my 3rd grade teacher. It goes on.. The joys of small town life. :P
  • Anyone else think these Flock Favorites levels seem really...uninspired?
  • @Kelani, Blue Ridge Mountains are called that because of the mist that forms around its peaks and gives off this bluish hue, right? I learned that from that show Mountain Men, my favorite dude is Eustace guy. I always thought he was in Virginia but learned recently he's in NC. He must be close to you then.
  • What flock favorites levels?
  • Acvkk I just went outside to smoke and when i come in I felt something crawling up my back! ! I
    Flung off my sweatshirt And a Hugemungoungus Black Bug Flew out!! Dont know where it went. .I'm hiding in my room..door locked .. no more smoking. .:/
  • @kelani just how small is that town ?
  • @fenikus very good! :) Oak, poplar and other trees give off isoprene, which makes a bluish haze. There's a youtube video of some girl holding a candle near a bush and it makes a fireball every time she gets near a leaf cluster. That's the same chemical. Although, now I wonder why the whole range doesn't explode.

Blue Ridge technically is the eastern slope of the Appalachians, but they run all the way up to Green mtns. in Vermont. Did Mountain Men tell you the Appalachians used to be way taller than the Rockies? :D

re: Flock Favorites: So far I've played the first 9 levels and I'm bored to tears.

@Kathy where I was (Blowing Rock) is about 1,200 people. It's just down the mountain from Boone, which is a larger college town.

And yes, we all find the town's name hilarious.
  • @fenikus Eustace Conway is from Columbia, SC That's pretty close to @Rat
  • Are you sure? http://www.history.com/shows/mountain-men/cast/eustace-conway

p.s. I swear, everything this guy owns/uses is more than 100 years old.
  • Wow pretty cool @kelani..lol yepprs funny name indeed. .
  • Night @Kathy Scared'obug :)

@fenikus I thought Dual Survival and Naked & Afraid were your favorite shows? If you like the survivalists, check out Hillbilly Blood too. Those guys do some pretty ingenious engineering; mechanical and social.
  • OK weird. I just got a Space Invader accomplishment for shooting a yellow bird into space. But I didn't shoot a yellow bird. I shot a blue, and it bounced off a balloon twice as it ascended.
  • @rat
    Good flinging - I could see you edging closer
    Obviously I need to try harder
  • @Ollygod you and me both. Darn Rodents.
  • Morning @Ollygod. I've flung a few the last two days while Mrs. Rat is out of town. I managed to bump @Kelani down a notch in BI #2 as well . I was about halfway through a run of BI #1 before my neck gave totally out. I'm not sure how long it will be before I finish it. Dratz! And I had three more days before Mrs. Rat got home too. I guess what she don't know CAN hurt me. Ha ha

Speaking of @Kelani...You can stump me on 'Allo 'Allo. I haven' seen all the episodes. But I watched Hogan's Heroes as a child and again as an adult. I'm not saying you can't stump me, but you'll need to try harder than "What did Schultz do before the war?". He was the owner/operator of a large successful Toy Company... Shatze Toys I believe.

Edit: You need to come play part two of Beak Impact. Unlike me, @Kelani likes flingers to beat him. As for me, they don't call me the "King of Space" for nothing. LOL But I didn't get my Pixelator perfected until Pig Dipper was released. I need to go back and play the earlier Space episodes now that I've learned a few finesse tricks. ha ha ha ha ha
  • Night Ma
  • @Rat good job. :) I'd never heard of 'Allo 'Allo but the snippets everyone posted seemed pretty funny.

Ok, I'll find some harder ones and make a quiz for you tomorrow.:) One more for tonight, though.

Q: Every time Major Hochstetter meets Hogan, what does he say?
  • Why is this man in here?
  • @Rat Hmm, I think you're right, but the page said "Who is this man?".

q: How old was Klink?
  • It was always a version of, Who is this man, Why is this man here, What's he doing in here. They all showed incredulity towards Hogan.
  • @Kelani I may need to cheat to come up with Klinks age. I'm drawing a blank.
  • @Rat Hmm, this will be fun. :> You'll get to show off your trivia brain to all these ladies. btw, before I crash, I snuck in one more question after my above reply.

edit: It was in 'Get Fit or Go Fight'
  • Now I couldn't tell you the names of the episodes. I watched the show, not the credits.
  • @Rat It's 49. Carter was asked to guess Klink's age and he guessed 10 years too high, making Klink want to go to the gym.

When I started watching it, I looked up a lot of trivia. I thought it was cool that all the main German characters were Jewish and WW2 Army/Navy vets.
  • I watched too many reruns of "Gilligan's Isle" as well. *the Professor and...Mary Ann...Here on*
Post in the New Forum!