How do I create an Avatar? (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 6
  • 432 Comments
  • dam! its still says space!
  • Hope mine works.
  • Did worked?
  • testing...
  • testing this
  • THANKS! My orange bird is now space-themed!
  • Yes, it did. I see the ice bird.
  • YAY IT WORKS NOW!!! Thanks Bird Leader it looks awesome!!!!!
  • Testing 1 2 3
  • It worked !!
  • The new space game is now popular so, i made mine SUPER RED BIRD!!!!!(my favorite)
  • Lazer Bird Reporting!
  • Didn't work. :(
  • thanks for the info bird leader
  • @lilbluebirdies -- why are you spamming the board with the toolbar link?
  • Removed that post
  • @rdnzlrips82 I see your Gravatar now. It could have been cached.
  • I want to add a Gravatar.....on the Gravatar site's homepage there is a dialog in which to enter the WordPress.com username and password. When I enter my username and password it just shows "Incorrect email, username or password." I have cookies enabled and I know that I am entering my vorrect name and password. Please help!
  • Simply create a Gravatar account.
  • testing....Coyote Starrk ftw!!
  • Do I have to change it after I sign up to add a new one?
  • Not sure what you mean, @angrybirdarmy. Gravatar is loyal to the email address you use, not your ABN account.
  • Ok time 4 the test...
  • Testing....one, two...
  • Thanks... great feature!
  • what happens if you upload a new image and it doesn't show?
  • It takes a little time.
  • I followed the steps to create my avatar on Gravatar and associate it with the email address I use for ABN, but when I left a comment on a walkthrough a few minutes ago, it didn't show up. If it doesn't appear on this one, do you have any other suggestions?
  • You can try to go through the new avatar method in your new profile.
  • Okay, I've done that, too, so we'll see if it works when I post this. BTW you really should change the answer to the FAQ about creating/changing avatars since it certainly implies that Gravatar is the only way to do it. Well I tried posting this (I'm in edit mode now), and still no avatar. Maybe I need to log out and come back in. I'll try that next.
  • So, there's a few things to be said here:

1) Yes, we plan on editing the FAQ this week.
    2) The main-site avatar system just installed ONLY works on the main site. Don't worry too much though, because the forum aspect of this site is going to be changing in the semi-near future.
    3) Gravatar is still the only method that will work on both sites; but... (see 2 again).
  • After logging out and back in, my avatar is now showing up on my comments on specific walkthroughs, but it didn't retroactively change on my questions above. I hadn't realized that there are two sites, but it sounds like something that may be moot anyway. It's not important, but I was just tired of having the same default avatar as so many others have. Since I have done both Gravatar and added the same avatar under my profile, I wonder why it isn't showing up here.
  • On Gravatar, you used the same email address as here and rated it as G? Also, make sure on Gravatar that the image is showing there as well.
  • That's what I missed: I rated it as PG, which may have been overly cautious. Take a look at my profile and see what you think. I may want to change it anyway because the little watermelon (or whatever my rank may be from time to time) cuts out the "Season of the Snoid" at the bottom left corner. At least is shows the source of the name, [Robert] Crumb, but those familiar with his work would probably have known anyway, and those who aren't probably wouldn't appreciate it.

I just went back and looked at the instructions, and they say to pick whatever rating is appropriate, without saying that anything other than G won't show up. Another edit you need to do while you're revising that FAQ.
  • Yes, we will overhaul the FAQ soon.
  • I decided to change my avatar to something more graphic. I did it both on Gravatar (with a G rating this time, which it certainly deserves) and on my profile on ABN. He's not a very friendly or easy-going kind of guy, as I am, but he brings back fun memories of the late 1960s. As I said before, those who know Robert Crumb's work will appreciate it. (If you aren't familiar with it, try watching the award-winning documentary "Crumb" that was made in 1995; very funny and equally strange, as is he.)
  • Hmm, is there a way to add an avatar on an iPod touch like that?
  • I think Gravatar requires a computer, sorry.
  • Ok, thanks. I'll change it when I get around a computer then.
  • Testing 1, 2, 3,
  • YES!!! It worked. Thanks for the help.
  • testing av
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!