Birds Descriptions Real Life Style and Game :-)
  • 19 Comments
  • @CCJolly -- These are great! Where did you find them? Any info on origin would be interesting. What is the name of the Austrian Big Birdie?
    However, I don't think they are totally "real" birds. I think I've seen some of them before, and they were photos of real birds that were manipulated to create a closer resemblance to the AB flock.
  • orange bird looks funny
  • @mvnla2
    I found that Pics on a German Side. Please Take a look!!

http://de.engadget.com/2011/10/10/real-life-angry-birds-vogelrabauken-in-pseudoecht/

The Mighty Eagle Photo here is a Real Pic because he is called in Austria "Steinadler". In Austria where i life their do they really exist in the Mountains!!! The "Steinadler" or Mighty Eagle is in danger of extinction here and protected here in Austria.
  • @CCJolly -- Aha! Mohamed Raoof is exactly the artist I was thinking of who manipulated real photos to make these images. So did you add the Rovio AB images and descriptions?
    The Steinadler is called a "golden eagle" in English, so is probably not the mighty eagle, who is black. The first photo in my post above is of a bald eagle (with white head), so is closer to the mighty eagle.
  • Yes but this Eagles exist really and That's the Point.
  • Yes, I agree. Rovio is genuinely interested in the real angry (endangered) birds, and pigs and marmosets really are their natural enemies. Not to mention pigs and marmosets both love to eat bird eggs!
    I was looking to see if any white-headed eagles had those black plumes on their heads, but turns out there are 91 species of eagles, so not sure I will find it.
    BTW -- Did you know that the bald eagle is the national bird of the US, and is on our seal?
  • Yes i know @mvnla2

The Eagles are also easily confused with some species of vultures :-)
  • @CCjolly they probably get confused because eagles and vultures are both 'birds of prey'
  • Ah! I think I may have solved the mystery. Love to have someone prove me wrong, and find an eagle with those black plumes on the head! The link below is a photo of a bald eagle, probably one in the US (linked from Mohamed Raoof's website). It has black around the eyes, same as ME . There appear to be small things sprouting from its head. However, they are not feathers, they are pine needles from the tree in the background!!!
    http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1344155
  • Well, maybe not. Seems like several of the birds have those black feathers sprouting out of their heads, which they don't have in real life. After looking all these up, I'm not sure these are the birds Rovio used, but these are definitely the ones Mohamed Raoof used.
    So here are the real birds Mohamed Raoof used as models for the images above:
    Red bird --Cardinal (real Cardinal is all red, including beak)
    Yellow bird --Robin! -- Definitely not a red robin, but not all yellow either
    Blue bird --Sparrow -- not blue at all?
    White bird --Seagull (no black head plumes as far as I know)
    Black bird --Common Myna -- got to say this isn't very similar
    Orange --Blue tit (not orange at all, but similar head markings)
    Green --Brazilian Toucan (not all green, beak smaller)
    ME --Bald Eagle (no black head plumes as far as I know)
  • @mvnla2
    Wow thanks for the listing. Very Good Job. You're a Real good Reporter. Well done!! :-)
  • Here is link to Mohamed's take on a green pig, based on a hamster.
    http://mohamedraoof.deviantart.com/gallery/33881616#/d53o18x
  • I thought the birds were:
    Red Bird: Cardinal
    Blue Bird: Blue Birds
    Yellow Bird: Canary
    Black Bird: Bullfinch
    White Bird: Chicken
    Green Bird: Toucan
    Red Bird: Old Cardinal
    Orange Bird: Oriole
    Pink Bird: Galah
    Mighty Eagle: Bald Eagle
    Pigs: Pigs who stepped in toxic waste.
  • @BBinMiami -- An interesting list. Those may be closer to what Rovio was thinking about. My list was what the artist who created the images posted by CCJolly used as the basis for his "photo-manipulation." We may learn more from the Rovio / Nat'l Geographic book that is coming out later this week.
  • Just got the National Geographic book "Angry Birds, 50 True Stories of the Fed Up, Feathered, and Furious." Has lots of interesting info about real life angry birds, some of which are not at all nice. I was hoping that it would identify the real-life models for THE Angry Birds, but no...
  • I have it too. Pretty good book to read when there's nothing to do.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!