The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2148
  • 159733 Comments
  • @kathy perhaps rat just thought his increase was too low to input.
    I don't doubt his credibility, he's a top flinger, without doubt, but his GC score is higher than his ABN score. I noticed when checking mine, after Kelani pointed out the discrepancies.
    God I'm really getting neurotic about scores, thanks @kelani
    Happy and fruitful beaking all :-))))))))
  • @hunnybunny more like $2,700/mo on candy crush. And that's just the highest someone's reported. I'm sure there's a few hardcore addicts out there with rapidly-decreasing home equity 'cause of that game.

I liked Juice Cubes better. The theme song was genius. All the hours playing that game, that repetitive little ditty never got old.

Glad someone else noticed @Rat's mysterious score discrepancy! Of course I don't think he'd cheat, but I'm positive he'd hold back an awesome score, just waiting for one of us to show interest in the level :P
  • Ahhh just got another good score while typing and not watching! !
    Hmmm..cancel that still below average:( I'm having tterrible luck in #29
  • Is there a secret strategy on #2 I don't know about?
  • Gaah! All I did was play a round of golf since I last posted, and there are 2 pages of comments! Finally caught up.
  • Lol @mvnla2 some Days that's how it goes. .how was golf?
  • Well, I did play golf on an LA city course on a Sunday, with a not-that-early tee time, so it was 5.5 hrs. Pretty bad even for that course.
    @Kathy -- Oh, I suppose you were asking about MY game? Ah well, the weather was good, foggy in the morning, not too hot... I hit a couple of good shots, so it was great (well those couple of minutes were great, anyway).
    BTW @kelani or was it @fenikus -- Why do you think @lyrian is male?
  • Well @mvnla2 a couple good shots is better than no good shots right lol;)
    It was me asking about @lyrian score mvnla2 I started by saying he/she but i just automatically reverted to the masculine cuz i was to lazy to type both lol..ya I know it didn't really save me any keyboard time at all but that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)
  • My apologies to Mrs. Bunny. Just checked my only flingin' device's scores and I do have about 4k in unposted scores in BI #1. Who knew? I wish it was that easy too improve my standing all the time. If I set my I-pad on top of my wife's, will they make new top scores like wabbits? I don't know. But I'll put it on top tonight just the same. I like free points.
  • So serious question do you enter your game center scores manually right ?
  • @Kathy, I'm at the Bloated Pig. Now what?
  • Hey welcome @dmsral ;) now just pull up a stool .. order a drink from OB and relax. .anything you want. If you check page 1 it tell all about what this forum is about
    You have too refresh the page manually cuz its not live chat. ;)
    See @kelani I do have friends; )
  • @dmsral -- Great to see you in the BP! Welcome!
    If you're wondering why your avatar doesn't show, it's because the BP is in the Old Forum, and you need to use Gravatar to create an avatar that will show up here.
  • heya @dmsral how's the tip master this evening?
  • Scores are automatically uploaded to GC @Kathy. But with the discrepancy in the nest leaderboard lately, I haven't been looking at either.

Hi @dmsral. I'm always see great flingin' coming from your direction.
  • @Kathy Aw, of course you do :P Good choice, too. @dmsral is my ABN hero. Every time I follow one of his tips, I end up with a high score. It's happened 5 or 6 times now. Not sure if that means his tips are awesome, or I'm just a parasite.

He's also technically a fellow southerner. Find us a Georgian and Floridian and we'll have the entire east coast represented.
  • Uhmm @Kenobi I think we do have a Georgia but not sure i remember who. .no Fla that i know of check the members map?
    O.k did we scare @dmsral away lol?
  • That's what i wondered Pa so if you dont enter ABN leaderboards it still automatically goes to GC thet w explains why the difference i guess.
  • I'm sure we do, but not in *here*

He's probably being smart and flinging. :P
    edit: or doesn't know @mentions don't work the same here.
  • I still don't get that. I do get notification when someone @mentions me here ? Hmm
  • Ya Georgia in *here* @kelani is it @angryboy or @theanonymoussomone. .
    @mvnla2 do you remember?
  • Hello @dmsral, welcome to BP (The Bloated Pig)! Your name is very familiar to me from your posting in Rio walkthrough comments -- your tips helped me a great deal in some of the earlier episodes when I was catching up on them (I only began playing "live" starting with Rocket Rumble). I'm a Rio player but this crowd here goaded me into playing my first Space episode (Beak Impact).
  • @Kenobi you are south right and pa is north or am I backwards?
    Just checking cuz you must do your civic duty today, )
  • @Kathyobi Nope. @Rat is South, I'm North. Although in 1729, they were the same state :P
  • Sorry @kelani even ask @bird-addict she has a permanent nickname also. .I wish i could find my didictionary so i could fix some of these auto words:(
  • Okey dokey thanks @Kenobi I hope pa did his civic duty today:/
  • BTW @dmsral, to answer your question re: "what to do now": You can talk with us or you can "lurk" (i.e. just read what the rest are saying). Or you can do both. Pub decorum is maintained here so OB (Orange Bird) is a "bartender", Blues are "waitresses", and some of the original flingers are cooks, hostesses, etc.

Despite the decorum, it's just a regular chat room, albeit you have to refresh the page to see any new posts.
  • I think he has the lurking down.
    @Kathy I hate to think how your demonic keyboard autocorrected @bird-addict Nothing good could come from that. :)
  • Lol @kelani I know her real name so the auto correct was very creative and came up with something cute; )
  • Anyway @dmsral if your lurking I hope you'll join in. Also if you look above on the top right there is a star if you click it will turn gold and you'll get notification from this forum. .but be advised you'll get every single comment made .
    @fenikus is right without all the hoopla of bartenders. .waitresses food , drink, menu, jukebox, aviary, polished bar and plenty of booths and a patio..
    Ya basically just your average chat room :/
  • lol indeed @Kathy I am an idiot. I spent the last hour tweaking a sexy new #5 strategy that gives 30-35k 1st bird scores. Then I noticed I actually need 40-45k scores to break 60k. :P

edit: I wouldn't unleash the gold star on the guy so soon. We might get sued :)
  • ;/@kelani I didn't call you an Idiot :* I hate that you are not you just made a mistake is all:)
  • I thought i just conquered #30 but then turned on my volume to hear a snorting frozen piggie:(
  • @Kathy sorry. I forgot to hit enter after saying 'lol indeed' so it made one big sentence, :P
  • @Kathy, want a couple of suggestions re: advertising BP?
  • Ya sure @fenikus ;) any suggestions welcome; )
  • And?..doo doo do do do dooodoo do doodoo Do dododahdodahdo
  • OK @Kathy…so I personally finally got to BP only on my third try. I did find my way to the front page each time, but I was always totally confused -- I couldn't find any conversation going on! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to navigating forums, but I'm not a numpty either. So finally it dawned on me that current conversation is on the last page.

So the point is: perhaps tell people when you invite them to be sure to click latest page number after reading the front page, or even better, post a sentence or two about this prominently on the front page.
  • I wish they'd change the link so it took you to the current page, or reverse the forum so it's latest post first, but that'd probably make the server catch on fire.
  • @Kelani We have a Georgian. @TAS

Edit: Where's @dmsral from?
  • What civic duty @Kathy? Voting is not till Tuesday.
  • I don't know who @Lyrian is, but he's flinging better than I am in BI #2. It's only a matter of time before he passes me.
  • Ya @fenikus thanks good idea actually I have said that to a couple people but not usually. .soo ya good thinking:) I don't think they can change the order of which page loads up .. we change to often. .but just mentioning it on invite should do the trick..
    After all you csn type in the post section on page 1 and We can see it here but the person who typed it is still waiting on page 1.hmmm thanks fenikus you got me thinking now; )
  • Pa I thought i heard something about voting. Duh on me it's Sunday..I must not have listened to the whole thing.I always have the t.v. on but not usually given my full attention :/wonder why?
  • @Rat His profile says Virginia. Technically that's in the south. :P

@fenikus so, do you get why Space has perma sling-scope yet?

@Kathy if someone posts on page 1, they'll be transported to the current page to view their post.

So maybe we should just tell them to go to the bottom and post HELP.
  • @e-star is it possible when you get a chance sometime (no rush at all) to work a note in page 1
    @fenikus made a good point see his whole comment above but here is the basic
    Fenikus suggested the following:
    the point is: perhaps tell people when you invite them to be sure to click latest page number after reading the front page, or even better, post a sentence or two about this prominently on the front page.
  • Competition's getting tough. I improved 7 levels in 2 hours and still went down 2 spots.
  • @Kathy, 2nd suggestion: Clicking on gold star will inundate people's inbox with an email *every* time a comment is made. There is a setting now available where you can choose to receive emails only when you're @mentioned. You have to dig a little bit to find it so maybe there could be instructions on the front page for that as well.
Post in the New Forum!