Why are there two Surf & Turf Leaderboards? Page 1
  • Would the real Surf & Turf (S&T) Leaderboard please stand up? I started off quite confused – there are two S&T Leaderboards – one under “Angry Birds” and one under “Facebook” and they’re not identical (i.e. different number of levels listed and different “Most Points earned” leaders. I was going to ask why S&T is listed with the original AB since it’s new (i.e. not original) but after much reading/research assume it’s because Rovio has not only released it on Facebook but have also now made it available as an addition to ABO. So far, only Levels 1 – 15 are available on the ABO version and I understand there are no power ups – hence the difference in scores/leaders. The Facebook Leaderboard has Levels 1 – 45. The Golden Easter Eggs are listed there also.

Under the “Leaderboards” heading in the FAQ section it says:

◦Facebook users should not enter their scores from the original Angry Birds app (Poached Eggs, Mighty Hoax). Instead, they may enter any scores from Surf and Turf, regardless of the use of power-ups.

◦Users should be aware of the distinction of Surf and Turf. If you achieved the score on Facebook, it should go on the Facebook leaderboard. If you achieved it in the original Angry Birds app (v2.1.0 or later), it should go on the original Angry Birds leaderboard.

I have only just learnt about the availability of the S&T for iOS users and that it will be available for other platforms soon. I hope this explanation helps others. I don’t have time to read all the posts/updates on this site and missed this information about S&T.

P.S. I see I’m not the only one confused – The current leader on Level 5 under the ABO S&T Leaderboard is “paulimik” and their Platform is “Facebook” and also Level 7 leader is “Raiyan” and their Platform is “PC”. According to the above FAQ statement, neither of these scores are valid for this Leaderboard. Also, excuse my dumbness re different apps available but is this ABO S&T (with no power ups) available for Android yet? If not, then there’s a couple of Android entries on the top 100 list for Level 5 that shouldn’t be there either. I haven’t flagged any of these because they're technically not faked scores – they’re just in the wrong place. I haven’t looked anywhere else. If I find more, should I flag them rather than posting here in the Forum?
    Edited to add: I just found the post re S&T being available for Android (came out April 13th), so as long as they used the no power ups version and not the Facebook version then the Android users' scores are valid. (Note that is only 2 days ago - I don't know how old the Android users scores are.)
  • 5 Comments
  • When you make your profile it asks what the device of choice is. Mine is iPhone but I play on Facebook and Chrome a lot now & don't know if there is a way to have iPhone/PC on my profile. Thats probably why your seeing a difference between scores, profiles, & location of entry. For example, I have input my Facebook scores but if you were to click on my profile it would say iPhone.
  • We are working on a way of making this more visible, but I'm not sure that you have said anything other than what appears on the FAQ.
  • Yep, you’re right Slim, the bulk of the post was saying pretty much “what appears on the FAQ.” I posted it because I thought it might help other players who may have been confused like I was. I currently only mainly look at the leaderboards for ABO. I don’t have an “i” device, (I play on PC) but I do also play the S&T levels on Facebook. I have not recorded any of my Facebook scores yet and was just looking at the site in general and realised there were 2 S&Ts but didn’t know why.

I also posted it to point out what I believe to be invalid scores. I see that paulimik’s has gone but Raiyan’s remains. (Julian13100 will be pleased – they had the Most Points Overall and yet did not until now, have a Current Leader title.) Raiyan also has the identical score (Level 7) on the Facebook S&T but is only Ranked 5th. Here’s someone who has actually recorded the same score in the 2 different leaderboards. I haven’t looked any further – want to go and play AB – but I wonder how many others have double posted their scores simply because, like me, they were confused.

Btw, here’s where it can get really confusing – the owner of an “i” device can now play S&T on their ABO download or on Facebook and their listed Platform would be the “i” device. The big difference of course is the power ups. People can say “I don’t use the power ups” but there’s no way of proving that.

Sorry, you must have missed my last question on the OP – yep I know a long post – which was:

Do we flag scores we believe are posted in the wrong place?

Thank you, (sorry to be a pain).
  • You can flag or comment. Either or.
  • Yep, I don't use power ups. ;) But yes, I'd never post my facebook s&t scores to the ABO s&t leaderboard. Those would get flagged quick fast and in a hurry. I imagine that there are also a lot of people who don't realize there are two leaderboards for that reason, so you might see power up scores on ABO... but you wouldn't know for sure? There are levels on ABO that blow away my power up scores, but then there are some that are opposite.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!