List of Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 9
  • 1064 Comments
  • i didn't have the entire structure fall, just part of it
  • @angryboy -- Just saw right half of right tower collapse for 20 to 26K fairly frequently! Think something change in a recent update.
  • @mvnla2 - I have been playing with Haunted Hogs 2-1 this morning. I have had each of the three towers collapse independantly of each other at different times. I can see at least four different scenarios that can occur uniquely or along with each other. Crazy level and I am sure that eventually I will get a full total collapse. I have let it run for a few hours at a time to see maximum collapse. Sometimes the three floating platforms will stick, if all three stick, you are done. If one sticks, it can be reactivated if debris falls on or near it from one of the collapse scenarios listed below. I will add approximate points for each scenario as I record data.

Left Tower - Ghost Blocks above floating tower can shake loose, eventually falling on jack'o lanterns

Middle tower - Top Ghost Blocks and pig can slide off the side of the floating wood platform, usually to the left. This can pop the small pig at the bottom of the left tower as well

Middle tower - Middle block of four ghost blocks can sag and fall to the right, ideally stone drops down to detonate TNT and destroy small wooden structure in the pit as well.

Right tower - Ghost blocks can shift off of moving wooden platform, falling either left or right as one complete structure. Depending on how it lands, the structure can remain intact and pig(s) survive offscreen to the right about half the time.
  • @Burbman -- Do you have any data on points, frequency, or length of time to collapse? I updated description of HH 2-1; please check / correct / add. Thanks
    Werewolf reported left tower falling right, also.
    Gotta say, this is one of my least favorite levels.
  • Working on it. Each run can take as much as an hour. Especially for the upper middle.
  • @Burbman -- Thanks -- That explains why I haven't seen upper middle fall. Have seen left, lower middle, and right. It seems that ghost blocks in middle are the quickest.
  • Left tower - ~17-20k, You can usually see the top stone plank deflect fairly quickly less than one min to see movement, if the platform keeps going back and forth, there is agood chance the whole thing will come down.

Middle Upper - ~8-10k (without little pig on left) usually can see the platform starting to move in relation to top middle pig in less than five minutes, just a matter of time until he falls off, bringing the stone plank on top if the platform keeps moving. Can take up to an hour.

Middle lower - ~24-40k Usually begins falling immediately, can also be triggered by one of the other collapses.

Right tower - seems to be the rarest collapse, no scores recorded on this one by itself yet. UPDATE - About 26k when it falls to the right.

I have seen one of the above about 8 times out of 10, usually triggering one of the others. When multiple collapses occur, collateral damage points really start adding up. I have been over 80k before firing any birds a couple of times.
  • On red planet S-13 (the last antenna egg level in red planet) the group of rocks in the southwest area of the left-hand planet contains a stone that will many times go into the volcano and blow away. You don't get any points.
  • oops... seems it's already on the list, you can disregard the other post
  • Does new ABSW will also have self destroy.
  • @PJng:: We shall see. If anybody discovers an unstable or self-destroying level in ABSW, please let @mvnla2 know.-
  • @all -- I've played all of Tatooine and Death Star, and a lot of Jedi whatever, and haven't even seen the least suggestion of instability. Has anyone seen anything in ABSW?
  • Looks like Rovio improved their structures this time around.
  • @mvnla2: I've completed the first two planets and I'm almost halfway through PotJ, no unstables yet.
  • @mvnla2 *note on trick or treat 3-3 collapse does not consistently fall the same,does not always take out the whole right side
  • @kathy -- Thanks! Has anyone seen most of the right side collapse recently? It's been a LONG time since I've looked at ToT 3-3. I'm wondering if it has changed? I edited the description; please look at it and let me know. Did you see most of the right side collapse? What was the highest number of points?
  • @mvnla2: no unstables noticed in PotJ.
  • ABSW - 2-34. Slow build up of points, ten at a time starting after four or five minutes, then the helmeted pig below the TNT pops. So far no more than 5100 points but to be honest, as this pig tends to pop with first bird I have not let it progress further.
    Happens about 1 in 20 on Iphone 4s. Happening at moment so will let it roll awhile as watching TV.

Update: reached 5120 and has been there for 30 mins. Probably it.
    Update 2: reached 5110 next go. That's it for me - spent too much time on ABSp level 4 to go through this again :)
  • Thanks @dasa51 -- First report of self-destruction on ABSW!
  • @Dasa51 -- Just saw pig pop on ABSW 2-34 -- Will edit main post soon. I keep thinking some of the fighters that shoot lasers will result in self-destruction, but haven't seen it so far.
  • @mvnla out of about 30 tries, it did not pop, but it did roll
  • @Dasa51 @angryboy -- Added ABSW 2-34 to list as FIRST!! ABSW self-destroying level reported. Please look at what I wrote and let me know if you agree. @angryboy -- This is one of those levels where you are sure nothing is going to happen, but if you wait 2 to 5 min, it starts; not sure why. I just had 4 pigs pop on 4 consecutive starts.
  • @mvnla waited 10 mins for 4 tries and only got a roll to the left
  • @angryboy -- Interesting -- what platform are you playing on?
  • Itouch(IOS)
  • @mvnla2 - your description of SW 2-34 right on the nail. I'll keep searching for others :)
  • So @angryboy -- Do you think I should add a note saying may be device dependent, or not happen on itouch or ??? I am on an iPad so use IOS.
  • it would be good @mvnla, just until someone might have it happen to them
  • Calling @werewolf69 @burbman @truckdriver -- anyone else with a lot of patience -- There is still only 1 level identified as self-destroying in ABSW. I was afraid that there might not be any, but if there's one, there must be more. Can you find any?
  • @mvlna I noticed that on the Summer Pignic space golden egg after one bird is thrown the left part of the long green-and-purple outcropping breaks and falls onto the glass and stone UFO. Sometimes one pig is popped; I have yet to see how it improves the score.
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster -- Thanks! Added to unstable levels. I'm leaving my chain of thoughts below for general amusement:
    I think the green-and-purple thing (bridge) only breaks if it is hit with a spec of debris from the egg explosion. Do you agree? If so, this doesn't count as self-destruction or instability. The time-scales on this level are long, so debris could be floating for a while.
    Hmm -- Interesting -- I can't see the least spec of debris hitting the bridge. I'm wondering if it breaks if the WB hits a purple block on the ground?
    Revision -- I think the bridge breaks if you break the chain holding the pig below spaceship.
  • Has anyone seen more self-destruciont in ABS SG 1-22?
    @Kathy mentioned motion in ABS SG 1-22: What I've seen
    wood towers settle and sometimes sway; pigs top right may roll to right
    11th restart: boulder on left rolled to left; pigs below fell off pedestals to left; 0 pts
    14th: boulder on left rolled further to left, teetering on brink; pigs off pedestals; 0 pts
    15: BL teetering; PL off; PE rolled to right; 0 pts
    17, 22 = 11
    24 = 15, but with only 1 RP to right
    28 = 14
    40! Yea! Boulder actually fell off, continued rolling to left, knocked hat off big pig, and gave him two black eyes. All for 2140 pts! Not clear if this helps or hurts final score. Since most strats seem to depend on boulder taking out Santa pig, this would definitely hurt them.
  • @all -- Still hoping to find more self-destruction in ABSW. Please let me know if you see any.
    @Kathy -- Added ABS SG-22 -- Would still like to know if anyone has seen more destruction, or even useful destruction.
    @Dasa51 -- Felt compelled to try self-destruction on ABSW 2-34. Of course, after waiting an eternity (10 min), I flubbed second shot.
  • 2-34 i wait for 15 minutes i only see it roll and roll, get 100 point. I think rovio wrong put at there, because when level start you wil see it move immediately.
  • @PJng -- Just tried it again; got destruction twice in a row. Do you see any accumulation of points as described by Dasa above (Nov 12) or description on first page?
    @TruckDriver -- OK, if I time exactly, it's 10 min 41 sec.
    I play on an iPad as does TruckDriver. PJng has an Android tablet. Angryboy plays on iTouch and only saw it roll also.
  • @mvnla2 - see my response on the ABSW 2-34 walkthrough page.
  • Is there anything in this thread about ABO 5-7? @birdjo has the current top score with a collapse of the tower and only 1 bird to finish off the two right pigs. I just got the same, albeit a much lower score for #2.

http://angrybir.de/RccEe7

BPC/Cat/@bonneypattycat
  • More on 5-7: The first time I tried to duplicate BirdJo's "accident", I very nearly did it within five minutes. Tonight, trying again, it took about an hour of resets. The tower will frequently sway to various degrees, but usually settles down within ten seconds. My close call involved significant swaying and I was sure it was going down, but it stalled after five minutes. Tonight, the tower fell within 10 seconds.
  • One more thing about ABO 5-7: No power up needed ;

http://angrybir.de/WrhbFZ
  • @BPC Thanks! ABO 5-7 is not on list yet. The list is on page 1, so you don't need to read through all the pages. This forum was started more than a year after the release of ABO, so the earlier levels are more likely to be missing.
    Please keep reporting anything you find. Thanks again.
    Still hoping to find more self-destruction in ABSW (only 1 so far), so if you're playing that, let me know if you see any.
  • Star Wars? I just started playing ABO in July and haven't even looked at any of the other games yet. Thought I would try Seasons pretty soon.
  • @BPC -- OK, then you'll be going through all the old levels, so great opportunity to report on old levels with self-destruction. Have fun!
  • @mvnla on ABS MF on the 3* moon-cake, the ice on the telescope falls down, hitting a couple pigs, score around 12k, could only get it to happen once though
  • @angryboy -- Thanks! How quickly did it fall after restart? Would you say that it happens 1/50, 1/100 or ??? So far all I've seen is the slightest hint of the ice slipping.
  • about 1 second after i started the level, i'd say 1/50
  • @angryboy, @BPC, @BirdJo -- Added ABS MF 3* mooncake and ABO 5-7 to list on 1st page. Please let me know if you thinks I should change something. Thanks for your contributions, and please keep them coming.
  • 2-34, I try again, leave it about 10 min it pop get 5120, it wil happen all time, just not all time will pop.
  • Added comment about device dependence to ABSW 2-34.
  • Accidentally deleted, unable to recall content.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!