How to make walkthrough videos (answered) Page 1
  • Hey guys i was asked to make a video of obtaining the feather in sg1-16. I have done it bevore so perhaps...
    Question is , how do i take a video? I have ipod touch jailbroken, but until now none of the screen recorders i have tried did work! Which recorder do the creators of the walkthrough videos use?
  • 4 Comments
  • Hey, I left this in the other forum:

"@Andreas189 DisplayRecorder is the best software to capture video on a jailbroken iOS device, unfortunately it doesn't work great on iPod Touches. They just don't have enough juice. Honestly, I would do it the old fashion way = record the screen. It's a bit jury-rigged I know, but if you can put it on a steady surface and adjust the lighting it can work pretty well. Heck, this is how we used to do all our videos. If you end up capturing a video let me know and I can have it upload to our YouTube channel and integrate a screen that includes your user name (i.e. giving you credit)."
  • @BirdLeader as you know, I've been trying to record Mighty Egle videos on my iPod Touch for my Angry Birds Blog... But it's just too shacky and the light is terrible. Jail breaking my iPod takes up way too much memory.

Any solutions?
  • Jailbreaking in and of itself does NOT take up memory.
  • Yeah, jailbreaking isn't the problem. The problem is iPod Touches just don't have enough power to record good video. At the very least you need an iPhone 4, but the iPad 2 is better. Time will tell how the iPhone 5 functions.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!