discussions for PC users Page 5
  • 235 Comments
  • You seem to have a pretty close relationship with Rovio. Have they offered any answer as to why they have abandoned updating PC games? I really can't see this being a "code" problem as they did update 6 levels on seasons last month so they certainly have people that know how to write code for them. I'm getting a little sick of their generic "be patient, the updates are coming" because we all know that they obviously are not.
  • This has already been discussed at length @thebrown.
  • I received an email this morning saying that there was someone commented in this forum yet they are now removed. Why? From what I saw there was absolutely nothing wrong with the comments.
  • This thread is rapidly losing its purpose. There is no reason to keep nonsensical comments that contribute to no one's advancement.
  • If there was a "like" -button, I would definately press it on @slim's comment. When I started playing AB I played only on PC, but when I got a tablet I installed all the AB games at the first minute. First I was so excited to access all the levels that's not yet on PC. I played for a couple of days, but I just find it hard to play with a touch screen, 'cause I've always been playing with a mouse so pretty soon I got bored and now I'm playing on my tablet mostly when I'm laying on the sofa and watching tv.

So even when I have the chance to play on Android, I just don't like it and there really isn't so big difference in the amount of levels between PC and other devices. Mostly I'm getting bored of all the whining about the lack of updates and I just don't understand why people are whining about it here, 'cause I don't think that Nest can do anything to hurry up the updates.

There's an update coming on thursday, so why can't we just be happy to get a new update instead of all the whining? :D
  • Good news for PC users :
    On Twitter -
    They says about PC update :-
    Angry Birds - 44m ago : "It's coming, there were a few technical issues that should be resolved now"

So all technical issues are solved. :D
  • And why my previous comment is deleted ? I just say that : "ABSW windows 8 app got Cloud City update, and we can see other PC updates soon"
    There was nothing wrong in that comment .
  • @Aman I am not used to twitter. Where did you see that?
  • @Aman This is not the place to be posting about releases, and Windows 8 is not the same "platform" as the standalone download from download.angrybirds.com.
  • @AMslimfordy But where should you post it then? Is not windows 8 PC? And this is discussions for PC users.
  • This is certainly not a thread to announce updates. Theres plenty of places for that -- such as News & Rumors threads, the Updates Log, or (the best and most logical place) the release post itself.
  • @AMslimfordy Sorry! I forgot the News & Rumors thread.
  • Sorry Slim, I understand.
  • @BadPiggies Yes, On twitter. As a reply to a PC user :)
  • I'm not sure if it has any news value 'cause when Rovio announced that the update will be out 18. march, there already was a mention that it will be available also for PC. Or was this Twitter announcement about some other update?
  • @Lisko I know PC will get seasons update on May 16 :D
    Not announcement , but they reply to a twitter user that technical issues of PC version are solved, and updates are coming :)
  • @Aman - Yeah, there was a typo in my previous post, I meant May NOT march :D But yep, there's been an on-going bug on Seasons and @AMslimfordy already posted to the "bugs&issues" that this problem has finally been solved :)
  • Responding to the initial post. I don't have a smartphone or a tablet either, and I play on my PC only. I have a large enough monitor, and I find it pleasant to be able to see details and more of the level layout instead of less. And mouse vs. touchscreen seems more comfortable to me, since sometimes it's hard to achieve the necessary level of precision with your mouse, so I don't imagine doing that with my fingertip. But that surely is a question of habit.

As for updates and power ups, I don't mind waiting for the first ones (have lots of levels to play in the meantime) and don't care for the second ones, since they don't count for the leaderboards anyway. I think that Rovio is doing a decent job, updating such a large franchise on a regular basis for so many devices to enjoy. In short, I'm quite happy with my PC experience.
  • @LaBlanche - I totally agree with you! The updates have been worth of all the waiting, and 'cause I started playing pretty late, I still have a lot of levels to 3-star :D And I also agree that it's a lot easier to aim with a mouse and the details are much more visible when palying on a big screen :D
  • When I go into my ABSe files on my PC and click on the updater it says that the URL is wrong. I then looked at the URl and it was http://cloud.rovio.com/install/pc/update/AngryBirdsSeasonsFull
    Then I tried taking away that FULL and then it worked.
    But I can´t save the update file so it doesn´t say FULL. So I don´t think I can update the game when a update comes.

On ABO, ABSp, ABR and ABSW on PC it says ”Invalid command line” when I press on the updater. But the URL is correct.

What are these bugs? BP is the only game that works.

• I haven't even touched any of those files (okay, for once I have), I'm just waiting that the update window appears when you open up the game. The update hasn't appeared yet on PC so I'm pretty sure that it's a waste of time to try to find it via the files :)
  • But if the files do not work, then the whole updater is not working.
    And it has never been like this before.
  • @Bad piggies -- Thanks for that info.
    That updater.ini file that you are trying to save has to have its file permissions changed. If you right click on the file and go to properties, then to security and make sure you have full control. Once I did this it allowed me to save it after I took the 'Full' out. I emailed Rovio about the URL link being wrong and they said they would fix it. That was a month ago. Maybe it will be fixed in the next update. I was able to update, but it was the old update. So it changes the file back. I changed it again and it tried downloading the old version. We'll have to see when the new update comes out if making those changes mattered.
  • I leave my PC on all the time, and one of the AngryBirds games is always open (of course!). When Microsoft does one of its updates it restarts the PC, and the AngryBirds game won't work after that. Either I get to do a reinstall and reactivate, or I remember to shut down the game before I go to bed. Does anyone else have this problem, or any idea how I can fix it so that I can forget safely?
  • @Kewpie-Seriously, how hard is it to remember to close all programs and/or apps before you go to bed? Why does AB have to always be open when you can click on an icon at any time & have it open immediately? You could change your MS updates to manual & download them at your leisure, at your own risk.
  • For those PCers who don’t get the Rovio newsletter, this is a direct quote; “Angry Birds Seasons gets a magical free update on iOS and Android, with PC and OSX versions to follow in the coming weeks!” I guess this is what they mean by ‘coming very soon’. Just sayin….samo-samo.
  • I have no idea if this the proper place for this question, I can only hope.
    I have AB Star Wars and I have completed it (3 stars on every possible level & 45 of 45 stars in bonus) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to unlock/access cloud city.
    In the immortal words of all the passengers on the Titanic: "HELP!"
    Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. :-)

P.S. Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but, I'm using a PC for my gaming pleasure.
    Thanks!
  • @AlbertFlasher
    Unfortunately Cloud City is not available for the PC. Your guess is as good as mine to when we will get it.
  • @AlbertFlasher - Cloud City isn't available for PC yet.
  • Thanks for the quick responses gang!
    Color me impressed. :-)
    Judging by your comments, the expectation is it will be available for the PC, just no set date...correct?
  • @AlbertFlasher - I sent Rovio an e-mail some time ago and asked if it will be available for PC and they answered that it's coming, but they are not allowed to give any date information out, 'cause there can always be some issues causing the update to be delayed, but I'm trusting on their word when they say that it's coming.
  • @Lisko
    Thanks for the info.
    I shall do my best to be patient... wish me luck with that endeavor! LoL
  • @AlbertFlasher - No problem at all :) I'm waiting for all those missing updates for PC too, hopefully we'll get those as soon as possible :D
  • Topic has strayed so far off topic. Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!