For or Against Power UPS in Angry Birds Original/Seasons/Rio/Space/Star Wars!? Page 8
  • 711 Comments
  • @mufc

Yeah now i understand. Thanks. Yes that seems to be a Good idea in Form of a New challenge. I totally agree with you!!!! I Hope only that they try it First in ABO before ROVIO add them to the other Games :-)
  • Ok, let's say that Rovio came up with another icon to indicate that PowerUps were used, similar to the feather. I wonder how many of us would then be calling for unlimited PowerUps so we could go back and add that new icon to all of the levels!
  • You can share your opinions on power ups directly to Rovio via their new survey that's available through the app Ios under the Rovio news
  • I already done that @pigbob so i think ROVIO will change something in Future :-)
  • I had them on my android phone, then the update came out to remove the ads - so I got it - it ended up removing my power-ups and Mighty Eagles. I wish they would have noted that those items would/could be removed before installing, anyways I switched to playing on my Kindle Fire because the screen is much better for my eyes. If anything, the power-ups need to be available to all platforms, I'm not really for or against them - I just play for fun :)
  • @rondakmiller
    Thanks for your opinion. I also Play just for Fun. I only think it is a very hard step from ROVIO because i played ABO since a long Time and i 3stared all Levels without them and i heard from some users that they aren't so powerful. For me Personal it is nonsense. They kill the genesis of the original fair Play Game!! Sorry my opinion !
  • @CCJolly how many times are you going to restate the same thing in your own thread?
  • I had three stars on EVERY SINGLE LEVEL on ABO. well, I had a nook color before they came out with this update for it. But then I got an SD card for it loaded with the android operating system, and I could finally get the space and seasons and Rio FOR FREE, and I didn't have those before then. So I kind of forgot about getting ABO. In fact, I just got ABO recently, and so since the SD card makes my nook think that it's a completely different device, none of the levels were beaten already, so I'm using power ups to help get three stars on the tough levels. I'm FOR the powerups, by the way.
  • Anyone else annoyed that the most recent ABO update did not include any kind of fix for the power-ups issue? Or am I missing something? I've never used any or the power-ups, so I guess I can't say for certain that nothing has been done.
  • I don't see any changes at this time. I wouldn't say annoyed, but disappointed.
  • I didn't get one for Bad Piggies - is that because I've only three starred 15 of 45 levels?

And is it retroactive? Would we get a bundle for all the previous episodes we've three starred?

Not that it matters a whole bunch. Most people are not going to use them.

• wow! good idea!
  • @PlayDBird
    1) Exactly. You did not earn 135/135 stars on Bad Piggies, so no award there. (Think: You would earn this when you earn a 3-star Golden Egg, typically)
    2) Unfortunately, not that I can see.
  • Between a Power Up Bundle and a Golden Egg level, I'd choose the Golden Egg Level every time over a Power Up Bundle in a heartbeat.
  • Well you would get both in most circumstances.
  • But there hasn't been a circumstance yet that has, so how can you say "we would get both in most circumstances"? The single confirmed circumstance thus far is Surf and Turf, and with that, you only get the Power Up Bundle. Unless someone starts from scratch and redoes an entire area, we won't know for sure, but as we already know, it's not retroactive, so my hunch is a no, or else I would think we would be rewarded for it. Only time will tell for future ones though regarding Bad Piggies.
  • The problem with "retroactive" is that there is nothing to trigger the prompt. Maybe I'll try it some day soon.
  • I just completed three-staring Ham 'me High, and received the powerup bundle, achievement and Golden Egg.
  • Well, that sucks. If that's the case, then I would like to officially call this a bug. If achievements can be retroactively rewarded because of some issue (which has been the case on numerous occasions), then I propose that this is an official bug. Those that have already completed the areas which would normally illicit a Powerup Bundle should in fact be recognized for their efforts.
  • It's the same idea as the "Space Eagles" being awarded in AB:Space for completing / 3-starring an episode. When that was implemented, it was not retroactive.

I agree, this could likely be solved via a simple "Boolean" call. But I wouldn't call it a bug.
  • True...But in all honesty, I was hoping to put it on a bug list so that Rovio may at least have a better chance of looking at it/consider it. :-) I actually agree...not so much a bug as it is an oversight. :-)
  • I've tried the PUs on facebook and iOS. Seems to me they don't work consistently well. Quake needs more seismic action, IMHO.
  • AGAINIST.

Before the change: more original, makes you play more times to gather the 3 star.
    After the change: originality lost, now what you do is this: tap, win.

A Tap-And-Win case.
  • that's not always the case, a 'tap and win' usually only works on 1-1, the others take about the same difficulty with just the bird
  • i am with @danimario 's opinion!! I think there are more tap-and-win levels!!
  • Totally against, it's the reason why i don;t play ABF
  • @CCjolly are there 'tap-and-win' levels on ABF?
  • I don't know really because i don't use PU's
  • @angryboy, there are several levels in ABF that can be completed using just the bird quake. Try Surf & Turf level 1-1, mid 60k range with one bird, bird quake it and your easily over 70k. 3 star for that level is 66k.

tap, win, 3 stars without even having to try.
  • Too true @sparty83
    So it means in some levels no birds used :-(
  • As I said before I don't know how to use super power ups, I haven't tried and haven't seen any video on how people actually use PUPS in game playing.
    I think that using PUPs is pretty tricky until player get right clue and as they are consumable it is easy cash for Rovio.
  • @cosmo2503, Bill (@dollarbill2008) has posted quite a few videos on the Angry Birds Facebook walkthroughs. If you get a chance, take a look. If done properly, they can wreak quite a bit of havoc. He has the technic down. But power ups are only an aid. If you Super Seed or King Sling your bird, you still have to aim and shoot it in the right place, otherwise it's wasted. (i.e, wasted money if you buy them)
  • Against for sure.I used to have a game with friends where we would compare scores.Now because of power ups,I can't trust anyone not to use power ups since my friends like to cause mischeif.
  • Yes @nigel33
    Definatly my opinion also !!!
  • I am against power ups I do have them turned on but I never use them on my i pod because one time I used them on surf and turf level 1 to test them out but I used birdquake on that level without using birds so I felt like I cheated so once I get up to surf and turf on ABO I am going to try and get a good high score without power ups. that's the reason why I don't use power ups anymore.
  • Yes @harrystar6
    Yes that's very Bad :-(
  • @cc-jolly my goal is to beat that power up score I got by doing it with no powers up at all
  • The real way of scoring in AB's is way better and everyone has fair competition
  • So Power-Ups are now coming to Space?
  • Well now, looks like power ups are coming to AB:Space. I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope they have some way of distinguishing a score obtained with or with out power ups.

Some sort of icon needs to be shown next to ANY score that was obtained using power ups!

If they do not do this, then I see the admins of this site having their hands full trying to maintain the integrity of the leaderboards. I'm guessing that the AB Original leaderboard is causing them quite a few headaches due to the lack of any indication of power ups in that version.
  • How to get the Power Ups and ME for free? My money has gone for buy PU+ME
  • And ferr for all versions. SE + MMF get unlimited. This is very crazy!
  • Info made me want cry.
  • @sparty83

Yes it seems to be True with the power ups Land on Space. But i hope to See them Not in the ABO Style:-(
  • @all will you be pleased if their distinguished scores? I just hope their unlimited, or at least pay once for unlimited
  • @angryboy they will be consumable otherwise Rovio probably wouldn't introduce them into game at all. They are such wonderfull easy cash source. People will buy them as they buy them for FB and ABO. Luckily that scores are separated. I just hope that there will be daily free as it is in ABO and that free ME will stay together with free pups.
  • @angryboy, there are some people, myself included, who will never be pleased that power ups are available, free or otherwise. As I have stated before, the power ups makes the 3 star threshold meaningless. The whole Big Setup is now a joke because of them. There are some levels where you have to place Terrance in just the right spot. Now with power ups, just super seed and king sling him and wipe out the whole level with just one shot. what a joke!
  • @sparty what if the scores are distinguished?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!