The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 336
  • 159803 Comments
  • ahhh thanks for the lesson @Slim... I will keep that in mind the next time I comment a video of mine. And thanks for the picture of how it should look, I know you what you did, needs way more knowledge of HTML, which I really don't have :p
  • it still looks like a link
  • Hahahaha LOL @Slim
  • Not to mention that I have memorized every song or musical piece I have ever played.
  • Thanks slim!
  • Okay, gang. It's been nice seeing you, and the teens got me switched from cliches to Internet acronyms, but I think I'm going to get off the sofa and go to the gym.
  • @angryboy - click edit on the post Slim modified and you should be able to see the underlying code
  • @angryboy Yes, it looks like a link, but it's just a couple words instead of the actual URL.
  • @Bye Doc, nice to have seen you today... I am almost of to go to bed and I will try not to let the bed bugs bite ;)
  • LOL, @estar. Be careful, you never know what you might start!
  • @rdnzlrips82 @Burbman @Sunshing @E-Star Hate to change the subject, but I need a big dose of the L-factor or the whine factor for LOD. Not to mention I am very confused. I think there must be a real difference between Android and iPad on this one (ignoring the fact that E-Star has an iPad).
    Questions -- Do you activate BB at last second on first shot. It doesn't appear so from E-Star's video. I've tried both ways.
    What second shot(s) are you using; not entirely clear to me.
    rd says 2 or 3 pixel clicks above horizontal, and Burbman says hit the top of the lower left triangle. Sunshine says lower left corner of triangle. Not to mention E-Star shows BB going through close to center on triangle AND going through planks to hit left TNT. I have never been able to get BB to go through planks and directly hit lower left TNT. On my iPad, pulling back BB 2 or 3 pixels above horizontal results in BB hitting bottom left corner (or below) of triangle. To hit top of triangle, you need to be exactly horizontal, or even slightly below.
    Help!
  • it looks the same
  • ohh, wait i see it now, thanks
  • @mvnla2 I forgot to mention it is Bloated Bird. Sorry, I.didn't have to activate Boomerang on my high score run.
  • @Slim -- Thanks for telling us how to show someone correct HTML format. You can't believe how frustrated I got a few weeks ago trying to tell someone how to do it.
    @E-Star -- Your method is pretty good also, and doesn't require remembering the correct format.
  • @mvnla2 - at your service!

I do not activate BB on first shot, just fire at the correct point and pray,

Second shot varies significantly based on what debris remains. When faced with a structure that looks like the one in e-star's video I would go over the structure and activate the bird to come in from the right. Sometimes there is very little left on the right side except helmet and his TNT, in that case I usually shoot very high and try to come straight down on the TNT with the second bird. Improvisation is key here.

I play this level the same way on both my iPhone and my Kindle, device makes no difference in result.
  • @doc, you are right... (but I do want to say I love to use them and can't resist, even if it's not my native language, I still know a lot of them)
  • @mvlna2. You didn't ask me, so I hope you don't mind my feedback.

No, you don't activate the BB on first shot. The shot is just below horizontal, but it's tricky. I could only get it about 1/25 shots. I think high on the triangle, is a bit too high, IMO.
  • @slim, you still theree?
  • @rd -- Thanks, but I probably need more help than that, since I tried both methods bloated bird and activated. : (
  • The pixel clicks shouldn't differ by device either.
  • @estar. From an English professor, let me say that one sign of getting really good with a language is mastering idioms (including cliches).
  • If it doesn't bring the whole.left side down @mvnla2, you don't have it lined up correctly.
  • @mvnla2 - I do aim very nearly horizontal with my first shot.
  • @all Thanks! Will try some more after a mental rest. And @Doc, I never turn down advice, so hope you aren't insulted that I forgot to include you in list.
  • @mvnla it took a couple of edits to come up with the [ signs, but he, it works. But I love to learn stuff, so I am glad Slim explained his way. On the LOTD... I am sorry, I haven't got the time to do the LOTD, so I am not sure which video you mean and how I did it. I will have to watch it and try to remember, but ut's way past my bedtime... alarm clock is set to go of in 5 hours... really need to go now, sorry
  • i would love to see what pg 1 looks like when you click the edit button
  • @mvnla2 you barely notice a change in the sling if you don't have your face right on the screen. :)
  • I bet you would @angryboy :)
  • @E-Star -- No worries. Last I looked I was still a hairbreadth above average, and I don't intend to look again until I get a better score.
  • If you know what you are looking at, it is pretty organized. I think. Slim or BL could probably do it better.
  • @all I am off to bed now, it has been a fun!
  • @mvnla2 Not offended at all. This one was tough for me, too. Persistence was the key. I felt like I hit shot after shot right, and that plank wouldn't break. (By the way, I use an iPad too.)

@rd You,re right, it barely seems like there is a difference between horizontal and what it need to be. I pulled back to horizontal, and they barely moved it up before letting go--it seemed like a microscopic movement.
  • Good night, @estar. I guess I'm having one more cup of coffee before the gym.
  • @rd -- Maybe my interpretation of a pixel if functionally different than yours??? I sure don't think I can actually see a pixel even with my eyes right on screen. Since I have an iPad, I can probably see changes at a larger distance than you? My interpretation of horizontal is that the sling has the minimum width with no noticeable steps in it. I am counting 1 pixel as making the smallest possible step in the sling, so 3 pixels would be 3 steps. Is that too much?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nite @e-star!
  • @mvnla that is how I do it.
  • Hello @fooly8. We appreciate the idea.
  • Just one humbling observation. . . I thought that I was above average on almost all levels. Then, nearly every LOD comes out and my score is below the average.
  • @mvnla2. For me, less was better. I think we're counting the same, and 3 is too much.
  • How are you fooly8? Is this your first time here?
  • Can I get you anything @fooly8? Did you read the description on page 1?
  • Is that like billiards but with birds instead of balls?
Post in the New Forum!