The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2877
  • 159654 Comments
  • Thanks for the flying visit @TomPuss if you'll pardon the pun
  • On that cheery note I'm calling it a day also, been out most of the day. Self indulgence, there won't be even any town painting tonight either. Can hardly keep my eyes open. Nighty nighty @all
  • @kathy WASSSSUUUPPP
  • @Gumby Wwwaaassssuuuppp???
    Nighty night @ixan57 sorry i missed you
    that town is gonna be looking pretty dingy, 2 weeks in a row with no painting :/
  • @Gumby Wwwaaassssuuuppp???
    Nighty night @ixan57 sorry i missed you
    that town is gonna be looking pretty dingy, 2 weeks in a row with no painting :/
  • Good point about the stable @ixan57 Maybe we'll leave it open just in case :D
  • @tompuss are you certain that you are a female. I have never met one that love the Airshow and has much interest in Jets and things of that nature. You are the coolest :)
  • @Gumby Lol!! I know plenty of females that love airshows and Jets and stuff!! me for one, and a few others..
  • but agreed @Tompuss is the coolest :D
  • Time for Dreamland @Heyyougetouttamyway .c'mon climb up into your bed, tommorow is another day. *tucks the little guy in snug as a bug in his bed with his snuggly scrap of warm wool from @Mumsie42 duster fabric*nighty nighty night lil guy sweet dreams ☆☆☆
    Nighty night @Pa ♡♡♡♡
  • @gumby Yes, I'm crazy about fighter aircraft, they make me tingle all over. We used to have Vulcans flying over our house in Nottinghamshire! Sadly, one came to grief very near by. It was already very low over our roof, obviously in trouble, before the tragedy minutes later. . The whole village was very upset, we loved those planes.

Happier times when I used to visit the Paris Air Show. Got free tickets and invitation to watch the displays from the Aerospatiale chalet - wonderful view, I'll never forget seeing the Mirage 2000, the incredible roar, and feeling the vibrations from top to toe - wow! It made me cry, like beautiful music, but more so.

One day while gardening here in France I heard a mighty roar, thought something was wrong with my Walkman, but looked up and saw Concorde flying low, flanked by the French aerobatic team. Turned out they were returning from a local airshow What a thrill! I jumped up and down, shouting and waving like mad!
    Hard to find decent footage of this era - all wobbly videos!

https://youtu.be/TUmCDNKmxDA

Concorde - such a beauty!

Have to say that my Mum was equally smitten, as are most of my girlfriends.

In case you missed these:

Mirage 2000:

https://youtu.be/ATAMJgRhTNc

Airbus and the Swiss aerobatic team:

https://youtu.be/X-C9Abz4msk

Italian aerobatic team:

https://youtu.be/r17X7HnJxlw

In conclusion, I have to confess that I hate flying!
  • @tompuss love the videos.
    My 78-yr old mother is also crazy about planes. There’s an airshow here every year & she would never miss it until recently, she finds the trek to go & see it a bit much now.
  • Good Morning !
    @Ixan57 Congrats on the trophy on today's challenge !
    So After you uninstalled and reinstalled , do you still have some progress?
  • No @kathy that is my score from years ago? In the challenge i can only get 196,070
  • That's odd about the Ham Dunk, wonder why they took it away, when i updated it was merged, as i said, all into one. @Karen68 would know, she knows everything about Seasons.
    I've never got that message on angry birds apps that device isn't compatible, I've had it come up on other apps though
  • Have now logged on with a 3rd device. Android phone. No ham dunk 2/3 levels. No coins/rewards. 3 different combinations. Anybody any ideas
  • No clue @Ixan57 Maybe @Karen68 or @Hunnybunny she knows Seasons just as well!
    I have Android phone but i am always logged in with FB so progress always saved equally in all devices. *knocks on wood*
  • I did just notice on today's challenge that my score did not register in the game while i was in airplane mode.. which is strange because i haven't had that happen before in regular games ie: not GE levels
  • ?? Very odd @Ixan57
    On all n my devices progress is the same but coins and reward/challenge/ Quests different
  • @karen68 Glad you enjoyed the videos!

Made a little improvement on Challenge score today. Wonder what's in store for tomorrow?

@kathy A little soothing music for sleeping. Pics are of Salzburg.

https://youtu.be/nUB_5VBRTko

Nighty night @kathy, @ixan57, @gumby, @all
    xoxo
  • Goodnight @TomPuss sleep tight
  • @Tompuss Nighty Night cool lady Sweet Dreams ♡♡
  • Goodnight @kathy and @wanderingstar says Naeeeeee that means goodnight @whatshisname little buddy
  • Nighty Night Sweet Dreams @Ixan57 ..,*squeak squeak @Wandering Star* says Heyougettouttamyway.. meaning nighty night sweet dreams..
  • @Gumby Waassssupppp???
  • @kathy WASSSSUUUUPPP
    @tompuss my Dad worked for Lockheed Martin ( wink, wink ) :)
    @ixan57 amazing score for todays challenge, I am still gunning for your trophy there, although not having much luck.
  • It's that time again Heyyougetouttamyway hop up in to your bed *tucks the little guy in snug as a bug * Nighty night Sweet dreams ☆☆☆
    Nighty night @Pa ♡♡♡♡
  • OB Wahhh happen??? Did someone lock the doors?
    No one here all day??
    sooo sooryy @heyyougettouttamyway :( you must have been sooo lonely all day :(
    huh.. what's that oohh @Wandering Star kept you company did he lol.. s'ok it'll be our secret
    @ixan57 probably figured it out by now anyway..
  • @Gumby Waassssupppp???
  • @kathy WASSSSUUUPP
  • Nighty night @Pa ♡♡♡
  • Hi @all Sorry not to visit yesterday - I was at eye doctor's (miles from home) and couldn't cope with my screen or any other bright lights after the eye-drops.
    But now I'm feeling very pleased with myself - I bought a Kindle reader, set it up and. . . it actually worked!

@gumby And our Mr Rat was also in aeronautics

Now for some Angry Birds music!
    Matoma: "It's a wonderful life":

https://youtu.be/sm8zWsu-7mw

For newbies who missed it the first time. Totally hilarious and. . a lot of people were taken in by it! This is what Rovio was all about:

https://youtu.be/yvxosDBVdxo

Enjoy! xoxo
  • @kathy been trying the advent challenge again, definitely a data change on that one, also doing a bit of 2*/3* chasing. Also ill having to go back to work after 15dys. One down, two to go then eight off. Didn't even know @wanderingstar was gone. Think he's got his eye on that filly on the hitching post across the way. She keeps fluttering her eye lashes at him.think it's all the treats he's been getting at the BP. To rich for him. If I've got to walk to work one more day when he's enjoying himself, there'll be trouble.
  • Anybody know when ABO birdday, thought it was today but no update
  • @ixan57 Last years Bday came out in mid Dec. New one this year? Who knows!?!
  • Sorry about that @Ixan57 , but nothing i can do if @WanderingStar had his eye on the the Filly.. well hmmm maybe I'll send a few of @heyyougettouttamyways's Brothers and sisters over to visit, I'm sure Minnie won't miss them, maybe they can keep that Filly busy ;) I haven't even got halfway through Bday party 1 never mind the second half, plus it's confusing enough already with all the levels upside backwards! if they update again I'll never figure it out!
  • @Gumby Waaassssuupppp????
    Having no joy in today's Advent level :(
  • Hope all our birdie friends in CA are well away from the be wildfires ..
    @mvnla2 @KimmeCV @captrec @Birdleader?? that's all i know off the top of my head.
    please be safe
  • Well @Heyyougetouttamyway Time for Dreamland, hop up in to your bed *tucks the little guy in snug as a bug * nighty night lil guy Sweet Dreams ☆☆☆
    Nighty night @Pa ♡♡♡♡
  • @kathy WASSUUUUPPP
  • @Gumby Waaasssuppp??
  • Whassssup! Been busy doing airplane stuff. And kid stuff, and flinging, ha'nt been 'round lately
  • @Knichy Waaassssuupppp??
  • @Ixan57 you still Flinging!
    ? nice improvement in the Challenge :D
  • Early night tonight @Heyyougetouttamyway I'm very tired and you need your rest as well gaff you've been up to the shenanigans with @Wanderingstar. hop up in to your bed and close you eyes*tucks the little guy in snug as a bug * nighty night lil guy ☆☆☆ sweet dreams ☆☆
    Nighty night @Pa ♡♡♡
  • @TomPuss been on few trips to belhaven brewery in the past. The local pub rep's used to arrange it if the sales were doing good. Great hospitality as much as you could drink and 3 course meal at local hotel gratis of the brewery. Only thing you had to pay for in theory was the cost of the bus there and the pub used to pick up the tab for that. Remember I'm Scottish. @jlz666 lol.
  • @kathy been that engrossed in the advent challenge and 2*/3* chasing since I've reinstalled season's. Btw you can keep the horse till 26th December
Post in the New Forum!