The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2536
  • 159841 Comments
  • See Ma. It didn't take too long.

pixelatoroutofmothballspagechanger.com
  • Lol Pa ,The King of Space reigns again..ah er m still;) Nice flingng, what are you up to now 3.0 + :D
  • Not quite 3.1, but close Ma. The big points are getting harder to find.
  • I see we're back to many days per page. Much easier to keep up that way.
    Looks like everyone's doing fine, and life is back to normal.
    We may have set some heat records for this date in LA today. No golf for me.
  • Well I'm just gonna Whiiiiinnneee while i still have 3 minutes left. Lol that doesn't mean i won't be whining more heehee. But this is official on whine Tuesday
    I'm gonna get it over with and Whine for all of Seasons ACB..
    Ob I'll take a Pigkiller please , make it strong.

Wwwwwwihhhhhiiiiinnneee
  • Well my whining isn't working time for dreamland
    Nighy night all
    Night Pa ♡
  • Ohh @mvnla2 is been brutally hot here as well, 90°+ in September in New England. .brutal and humidity is high as well..oppressive, yuck
    Nighty night
  • @Kathy
    fidslady score one FMTTM 3-10 was obtained, according to what she said, through a glitchy 0-birder that no longer exists, and that may not have existed on all platforms when it was there (all I can say is that I never got it on any PC or Android version I have). Although she never posted a picture, it sounds possible that she obtained it in a legit way (this would more or less correspond to a 144k two-birder, which is hard but not super rare), but I cannot comment more since I never saw it. @Rat and myself got 158k in the normal, hard way after dozens and dozens of hours (at least for me). Whether or not the hard way can go as high as fidslady score (164k) is unknown to me, but I would not bet on it. This is the same situation as Utopia 4-24 whose top score was also a glitchy 0-birder and that is probably unreachable otherwise.

Going back to FMTTM 3-10, using powerups, on the other hand, can allow you to reach fidslady's score (it is quite easy, actually, since the Brass Hogs update thanks to Space Wingman), but of course you cannot enter the result on the leaderboard. I thought it was tolerated to discuss about powerups in the BP, but I now realize that it was a bad move, so my apologies for that.
  • You may not believe me @Sglouk, but I'm happy you were finally able to get a decent zero-birder on CC 2-5. I hated having that still out there hanging over my head. It was just a matter of when, not if, you got your zero-birder. Congrats! I still think it was a cruel twist of fate that gave me an impossibly high score on my first try. It was, after all, your discovery.

Ref. PU's. I was trying to be funny calling you unclean for intentionally using a PU. Not my best attempt at humor to date, but also not my worst. ha ha We're not adverse to them being mentioned in the BP. But most of us are dead set against their use, even for fun. I am still curious how you keep them separate since only your top score is displayed. What do you use as proof for a non-PU score if challenged? I don't think I need to repeat myself, but I'll do it anyway. I am not questioning your integrity or score validity with this question.

FMttM 3-10 took me months off and on to reach 151k. I think I spent more time on that level than any other. You can't imagine how painful it was for me to watch all that work disappear when my score reset to zero during the NAN incident. Or how happy I was when, shortly thereafter, I scored my 158k. I played it last night for a few minutes and scored 154k which was my second highest score ever. I'm not sure, but this may be another level that got easier with the update. But I'm still very impressed with your score and by no means want to take away anything from your accomplishment. Awesome score!

I'm not flingin' again and not sure when I will be. But rest assured I saw you had bumped me to 2nd in Cold Cuts again. Grrrrrr...

@All The temperature isn't to hot here for this time of year. Sorry the rest of you had our normal high temps and humidity.
  • Hey Ma. Did you get a puppy using @Micromax's awesome new strat? The party was over before I saw it.
  • Nope @Pa i didn't realize it was Space puppy day,and only got @micromax note 15 minutes to the end of the challenge :/
  • OB Drinks are on me for the Occasion :)
  • Night Ma

Happy Birthday @Mvnla2
  • @Rat
    I had understood that your "unclean" was some sort of humor, my reply was for @Kathy, who seemed to be more upset by this. I have indeed noticed that some PU use suspicion had been raised here (by Mrs. Bunny for example) against some players.

Regarding the distinction PU vs. non PU, when you start a level on ABSp, the highscore that is shown is always the non PU one. It is only when you press one of the PU buttons that the highscore that is shown is the PU one (it says 0 if you don't have one yet), and you know it is a PU score because of the small lightning bolt besides "Score" and "Highscore" on your screen (look at your Brass Hogs 9-2 picture). So you don't have to keep track manually of those. This is quite an improvement as compared to ABO or Seasons where, as far as I understand, this is not explicitly displayed on the screen, although, if I understand, the highscores.lua file still makes the distinction between PU and non PU highscores. ABSW deals with this in the same way as ABSp, so that it is not so unclean to experiment PU's in those, I think, but I understand it can become a matter of religion.

Regarding FMTTM 3-10, I obtained it on a PC version, probably the last one that was released (Beak Impact), so I do not think I benefited from any recent level design/game physics change.
  • @Kathy @Rat -- Thanks for the BDay wishes. Off to a good start!
  • @Sglouk Thanks for the info on PU scores. I did not know that. I understand better why there was no high score displayed on my 9-2 album picture now. I'd never used the PU before my accidental activation so there was no high score displayed. Good to know. See, you can teach an old dawg a new trick.

Maybe your right. Maybe the last update didn't make the Space levels easier. Maybe...just maybe...I might be a better flinger that I give myself credit for. Is that even possible? Oh no! Ego increasing, head swelling. Look out! She's going to blow. ha ha ha
  • @sglouk I'm sorry, i took it wrong i thought you were saying @rat9 used a pu to achieve his posted score. My apologies :(
  • @sglouk Mrs Bunny does have a thing about power ups, and cheats, and those who use this site for tips but don't share theirs in return. Humph..

I have two "fake" scores. Both in Rio. One was a power up to see if the power up could actually produce an alleged score. The only time I used a PU. My score in the nest is without PU, and I took a screen shot of the real one, if I was ever asked.
    My other one was helping out a kid, who didn't want to question the top scorer, but thought the score was way over the top. I said I'd ask, but my score was so woeful, I made up a higher one, and posted it, so that I'd look legit. I can't remember which level, it's still there, but I've never completed Rio (yet) so I guess it doesn't matter too much...

Sorry, there's three. Just remembered. Mr Bunny snatched the iPad off me one day, beat my score, and that's still there. Can't remember, Seasons I think. Mr Bunny seldom, ever, ever, nearly never, ever, ever, flings. Swine, he beat me!
  • @rat is going to have a field day with that revelation....
  • Hmm..@hunnybunny i don't completely understand 'the made up score' how would that help in proving the true high scorer was fake, and why didn't you remove it afterwards. No offense meant, i just dont understand it? Maybe im reading it wrong?
  • Yummy golf balls @kathy
  • :) They are good @hunnybunny
    And never mind about the confusion, i get it now lol. It's probably no longer a top score so it wouldn't matter either way.
  • @kathy couldn't ask a guy why he'd hit, say 93k, when my score was a one star 53k. I'd just look silly, as if I hadn't tried. Just trying to help out a kid. I didn't remove it at the time because I seldom played Rio other than puppy challenges, racing through levels to get to the challenge. When I get serious over Rio I'll find it, beat it, or remove it.
    I know who the kid is. I'll search messages and remove immediately if it makes you feel better lol!
  • @kathy just looked, that kid is now playing transformers and epic, he doesn't give a damn about Rio Anymore..,
  • @mvnla2
    I have a unique birthday present for you: a new unstable level!

See http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/self-destroying-and-unstable-levels/page/19/#post-113264

(Serendipitously discovered today)
  • I see you discussing the dreaded power ups, the only thing worse than the dreaded DCB in Rio. At least in space they are marked. if I ever accidentally hit one i'll fling it backwards and reset, in RIO I actually just burned em all like that but they keep getting added in Space form the mission completions.

Question, @sglouk, @rat, @Kathy. I accidentally used a PU in Mirror World when I very first started playing it, and it did mark it with a lightning bolt on the menu page. I tried to exceed it to see if the lightning bolt would go away, but then I went on and don't remember where it was.

Do you know whether if you get a PU high score, and its marked, and then beat it the good ole fashion hard way, does it wipe the lightning bolt? I suppose i'll find it sooner or later but figured you flingers may know.

oh - and Happy Birthday, @MVNLA2! your strats have helped me through some hard levels in Rio!
  • @knichy
    The lightning bolt on the level selection screen only says that you have completed at least once this level using PU's. It does not mean that you did not complete it without PU's. Therefore, whatever you do, you cannot make this lightning bolt disappear, just as the feather indicating that you have completed the level using Space Eagle: once it is there, it is there forever, but it does not really matter since it does not affect your normal scores, nor the way you are ranked in the Game Center (on iOS).
  • Hi @knichy happy you've found us:D
    Welcome to the BP, help yourself to some cake, have a drink on the house.
    As to your question I'm not sure if that lightning bolt goes away.
    @sglouk i refer to you?
    @hunnybunny no worries about the rio score, i misunderstood and thought you posted a top score.
  • Talking over you sorry @sglouk, so if someone should quetio question your score how would you prove that the score you entered on the board is not achieved by Pu?
  • @sglouk @rat @ Kathy @knicky can't you turn off PUs in Space? You can in Seasons. Give me a min...
  • No you can't! Well, I can't.
  • @Sglouk answered your question about PU scores in his 8:51am response to me @Ma. The scores are displayed separately according to his answer if I read it correctly. The PU score is only displayed when you press a PU button.

Mrs. Bunny...fake scores? tsk tsk tsk
  • @TomPuss -- Thanks for the cake, card and videos. I'm a little mystified by the 35 on the flag -- is that supposed to be my age, or a 9 hole score? Either one would be great! As for animals on the golf course, how about bears? Did not have any close encounters, but saw a few on the golf courses when we played in Canada. Have also seen a coyote or two on courses in LA, and of course, plenty of deer. But I guess they video makers were more interested in cases where the animal was an important participant in the round, or at least comic relief.
    @Hunnybunny -- Thanks for the cake, wishes, and shots. I would be happy if I could sink all puts that were that far from the hole (scaled to life-size, of course; even I can sink a 3 incher).
    @Kathy -- Thanks for the goodies, and one can never have too many golf balls!
    @Sglouk -- Thanks for the self-destroying level. A pretty unique BDay present! BTW -- What is your username supposed to mean or stand for. I can never spell it correctly.
    @knichy -- Thanks! Welcome to the BP. Have a piece of cake, a chocolate ball or shot, and a drink of your choice.
  • Goodnight all
    Enjoy your birthday @mvnla2 xx
  • Nighty night @hunnybunny Sweet Dreams :)
  • @Pa @sglouk I guess I'll never understand the distintcion of the Pu scores, i just look again at rat9 album pic ,and both the pu score and the 0 score have lightning bolt. So i still dont understand how you could defend your highscore if it was questioned?
    When you beat your pu score ,then does your regular upstanding score show separately without pu?
  • @knichy I can answer your question as to whether the lightning bolt goes away or not when you beat it the old fashion way. The answer is no. It's there forever. I only have a couple of lightning bolts from accidental button hits because of proximity placement by Rovio and I see them every time I look at the levels selection page. They remind me I hate PU's.
  • @mvnla2 Happy Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a great day :)
    What wonderful goodies everyone has posted!
  • @kathy in Space if you have a powerup score on a level, it shows on the level selection page, there is a lightning bolt under the level number.
    When you enter the level though it automatically shows your high non-powerup score. But if you click on a powerup, such as the wingman, the score changes to show your highest powerup score, with a lightning bolt beside it. And the score counter (the "0") will have a lightning bolt beside it as well.
    It's easy enough to prove a score is not a powerup one, as the lightning bolt won't be there in the screenshot.

Of course it's different in the other games, just to make life difficult.
  • Ahhh Thanks @karen68 :)
  • Gooooo Pats!!!!
Post in the New Forum!