The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2411
  • 159821 Comments
  • Oh @kathy....really?!!! Haahaaaa! You're more than welcome XX
  • @Jlz666 ;) yep very nice surprise :D brought a nice smile after a lonng week.
    Gotta go oven dinging..
    Bbl
  • *gets earbuds ready*
  • @Kelani I can't do it.. says 'no preview available' so i tried downloading but it doesn't seem to be working:/
  • Never mind it downloaded; )
  • @Kelani is awesome: D not sure what part I'm on but the beginning is breathtaking !
    Edit part2...
    Just finished part 3 great mix of all 3 I enjoyed it thanks for sharing: D
  • Ok I'm packed
  • Bye @sun have a nice day!
  • @Kathy thanks :) Yeah, I think for you it makes you download the whole thing before playing. Did ya understand how I broke my finger? That really sucked. I had to play 90 mins after that. Owwie.
  • Ya oochie @Kelani but i didn't really hear any misses I'll have to listen again:/ I plan on listening again anyway I enjoy ed it:)
  • @Kathy I actually didn't miss any notes. I muttered something unpleasant which half-the auditorium heard, (including my mom, grandma and ipad-stealing cousin's little brother who was 13 at the time) but kept on going. :)

Be glad it was just a medley. The real ELP song in Part 1 is like 25 mins long. If I'd tried that, I'd be dead. :)

edit: I broke my finger during that run at 10:27
  • K I'll listen for it @Kelani lol...hey at least you kept going:D
    Gotta run back to the store they b gave me the wrong butts;/
  • The place was packed with cute girls. No WAY was I gonna stop and dance around going 'owww owwie ow ow ow" :P
  • @Kathy Yeah, that'd have been bad for my image :P I did do exactly that later in the parking lot when I got distracted and slammed my car trunk using that hand. THAT hurt.
  • Ouuchie owow @Kelani I know that hurts been there done that:(
  • Worst part about that concert: A cute girl I'd been in love with for about 4 years came up afterward trying to talk to me, and walking with her was my old high school English teacher, who had been really hard on me for slacking off in her class, but she was really impressed with the show. I was so amazed at hearing her act just like a teenage groupie, I completely forgot cute girl was standing there. Whoops?
  • Awww oopsy is right @kelani. .
  • *kicks chair* :)
  • Anyway, If I don't get too much hate mail or indifference from that song, there's about 150 more I'll consider posting every once in awhile. :P
  • Nah @Kelani I'm sure everyone will enjoy it:)

Edit: OB doesnt take kindly to someone kicking the furniture:/
  • *sigh* OB a SpacPIgKiller please I'm having trouble in PB 11:(
  • Starting movie :D Jackie Brown another great QT flick:)
    BBFNIMCBLIDKBPW
  • I kicked my chair. OB will just have to get over it. Beside he does waaaay more damage when he walks through a doorway. :)
  • L ol true @Kelani true ;)
  • I really think everyone will be pleased to listen to your concert @Kelani looking forward to hearing more; ) I know @Ripsy will be impressed. To bad you guys couldn't get together!
  • @sunshine happy birthday, sorry it's late, but I hope it was a very good day in the Maldives
    ;-))
  • @Kathy I hope so, 'cause it's all downhill from there. :)

Hello @LurkyBunny
  • Listening to part 1 right now
  • @JLZ666 -- The Maldives looks way too good to be true. Will have to check out where they are. They're going on my bucket list.
  • Ya right @AEX10 not hard on the ears:D
    Oohh @mvnla2 I agree I'll meet Ya There someday.. looks soooo relaxing:)
  • @mvnla2 c'mon. Everyone knows the Maldives are between the Arabian sea and Indian ocean :P Definitely not a bad place to visit.
  • Give me a minute @AEX10 to check it out; ) cool your entering. Did you see @mvnla2 is entering also she posted her on the past page.
  • @AEX10 The original Aaron Copland song from Part 1 was around about 50 years before you were born :P

I may enter a level, just haven't been able to think of anything, and since I can't draw, I know I'll end up making the darn thing picture-perfect in Photoshop, which would take a week.
  • Looks interesting @AEX10 do you have a straedgy to go with it? I don't know what the rerequirements are?
  • I'm pretty sure I've missed @sunshine but Happy Birthday!! Hope it has been wonderful!!
  • use yellow bird to break the wood
    and the blue bird to blow up the TNT

• @kel
    I think my favorite is part 3
  • But I have 1 question...
    WHY AREN'T THESE ON ITUNES!? :)
  • @kelani -- Listened to your music on computer; now listening on hubby's super stereo setup. Couldn't hear where you broke you finger. Were you playing an electric guitar at the time? Can't imagine anyone breaking a finger on a keyboard, but maybe?
    @kathy -- The beginning of the first piece (the trumpet /horn fanfare) was composed by Aaron Copland and is taken from "Fanfare for the Common Man" as kelani said. I don't know that piece well enough to understand the relation of what kelani wrote to the original.
  • @aex10 The Jewel ones aren't because that'd cost me a fortune to get the rights, and I don't have the original files to make a good recording. My stuff isn't because itunes and other stores only carry music that's provided by a music distributor. My distribution agreements expired a long time ago, and I never got around to renewing them.
  • Oh well
    But we can listen to them on here.
  • @mvnla2 I broke my finger during that run around 10:27. No guitars used on any of my old stuff, although some of the keyboard parts sound like they were.

Interesting note, Keith Emerson had to get permission from Copland's publisher to write that version. The publisher said NO, so Emerson called Copland at home, sent him a copy, and Copland absolutely loved it.
  • @kelani -- Still listening. Don't worry about your drawing skills; see my entry, which is in my album. Still think it takes first place for worst drawing skill.
    @AEX10 -- You might want to include your strat on the submission. Even if you submitted it, submit it again.
  • @AEX10 -- Do you have access to a scanner? Would produce a much better pic. If not, take it from straight above, with plenty of light. Good Luck!
  • @mvnla2 breaking my finger was my own fault. Three of the keyboards had unweighted keys, which is best for fast playing. For some reason, I played that line on the keyboard with weighted keys, so you have to smack them with some force. I guess I got overenthusiastic. :) It just slipped off a key, bent, and *crack*.
Post in the New Forum!