The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2142
  • 159688 Comments
  • @jlz666 wild guess. Hamish MacBeth?
    Loved the little dog in that one.
    Hope your idyllic weather stays with you. Here in Wales, we have one day of beautiful sunny weather, one day of cold, wet. That cold that even He-Who-Does-Not-Fling very low heating setting is clinking in.
  • @kelani yesterday when I was entering scores all of my leaderboards went blank!!!!!!!! Sal was the only one on site at the time, so I sent a call for help!!!! 911!!!!!! He replied ouch!!! Let me check it out. About a 1/2 later they were back. This morning, while entering more, I noticed it was saying I have three less entered then I do. Once again a I wrote Sal....his reply " it's a small bug". All of my other boards, even in space are correct except impact 1.
  • @sunshine, @all, Slim dedicated this forum topic to the problem, check it out and post your username there if you're having total score issues!

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/leaderboard-summary-issue-6-june-2014/
  • @kelani what happened? Top, well top, of leader board! Have you been glitched by the LB mess up?
  • @fenikus thank you!!!!! I put myself on their restore list! :)
  • @hunnybunny @sunshine yeah, My being #1by so many points didn't seem right, so I looked into it. my ABN total score was 85k above my device score. Yesterday when the scores disappeared, and our Scores Entered XX of XX was wrong, we just deleted our scores to start over. The Total didn't go to 0, apparently. Crazy day :P

But yeah, anyone who entered scores should probably compare their ABN total to their device's total for that game. If it's off, see @fenikus 's post above for the link.
  • Now I get to figure out why my ipad shows 2,297,310 and LB: 2,297,040 I double checked all the ABN entered scores against ipad, all match. Anyone got any ideas?
  • Yes @fenikus. I see that you're 4k ahead of me in BI #1, but I finished both #1 and #2 on my first pass. And I'm in 1st on #2. Where are you?
  • @Kelani, your individual BI pt. 1 level scores add up to a perfect 2,297,040 score which is the total ABN LB says you should have. The only logical explanation is that you made a typo somewhere…I know you checked it twice; here's an idea: did you fix that adding machine your Mum's boss gave you?
  • @Rat, I'm busy tutoring @Kelani how to add some numbers ;)
  • {not boring at all} the adding machine suddenly has become funny
    LOL @fenikus best laugh I've had all day
  • These are the scores I saw in GC top 100 that don't match the ABN leaderboard. Unless it's recent great flinging or GC update lag, you guys may want to check your scores also.

@Rat Beak pt 1
    GC: 2,324,460
    Leaderboard: 2,333,130

@hunnybunny
    GC: 2,271,480
    LB: 2,275,300

@AMslimfordy
    GC: 2,148,120
    LB: 2,087,120
  • @Rat @Kelani @fenikus -- It may only be day 2, but there sure aren't many strats for score above the walkthroughs, and there are plenty of scores way up there. (Hint, hint)
    If you don't post a strat right away, how are you going to remember all the details?
  • @fenikus there was nothing wrong with the adding machine. Plugged it in and off it went. :P I think something was reverted to a lower score that's just hard for me to spot, e.g. 88840 - 88480 I'll go manually count each digit like a 5yr old here in a bit :P

@mvnla2 I posted a few notes and lots of min scores, but I don't have any real strategies yet. Haven't even finished pt 2 yet. The 2nd run through is when I work on strategies.
  • @kelani I'm a great one for the score typo, I check occasionally, sometimes in my favour, sometimes not. But when I leave an episode I ALWAYS check. Would hate to be accused of manipulating my scores.
    I'll have a look in the morning. The decorators come at 0900 so not much to do, other than get out their way, fling, check, beak stuff. And as they are in the kitchen / diner we'll have to eat out!
  • Awwwww Yes they are thanks @hunnybunny. .I'd love to see one in person ;)
  • @Kathy I don't know how to check where your score is. There's 35k players and GC shows names 25 at a time. I went down 300 places and only got down to 2,082,910 Your score is 977k

...And after all that, I just realized you use Android, so you wouldn't be there anyway :P I gotta stop scheduling garden time when it's so hot out. Only way I know is for you to check your device total score and compare it to the ABN total. You can look, or mail me your phone and I'll look for ya :)
  • @hunnybunny those are ridiculously cute.. They also look like @Rat & @Hamster's love child.
  • I'll mail ya my phone @kelani lol..
    Thanks for trying; )
  • @Kathy, I checked your individual level scores and their sum matches the ABN summary info. So you're not affected by the LB glitch. If your phone's total doesn't match ABN, that's another matter (i.e. possible typos).
  • O.k thanks @fenikus ..Im sure i don't have any typos .. thank you; )
  • @hunnybunny is that your GC scorecard? Nice job; )
    Not fair android can't participate why is that?
  • I'll leave you all considering the possible outcome of a love child between a pine marten and the cross eyed, squinting, spec wearing Hawaiian princess :-))))
    Good night
  • @Kathy -- Made a typo? No way! : D
  • @Kelani, have you figured out your discrepancy yet? FWIW, my educated guess that is you transposed 3rd and 4th digits in your BI-1 level score. How do I know? Assure me @hunnybunny has really went to sleep and I'll tell ya ;)
  • Lol @mvnla2 Noo I didn't make a typo heee hee not on the leaderboards anyway; ) I'm extra careful when i enter numbers and after all it's only 6 Digits .
  • Hahaaa it would be nice if it was 6 digits I just had to leave that haha oopsy:D
  • Don't say it @fenikus. Even if she's asleep, she'll see it tomorrow. Be smart now.

And you're not distracting me from flingin'. I've got the thumb on ice. No flingin' for me. I toyed with a couple of levels today, but no real flingin'.
  • No real flinging today for me either, @Rat. I pulled essentially an all-nighter last night and I overdosed. Still hang over.
  • Ya done good on BI #1 @fenikus. How's #2 coming?
  • @fenikus There's gotta be a transposition somewhere. I'm going to check in a bit. Trying to finish some stuff up outside before dark/storms take over. FWIW, I'm not dyslexic, but numbers and me just don't get along.

Heh. Notice how @Rat ignored my pointing out his inflated score? Yeah, now we see how it is. Points is Points, even if them points isn't real points. :P

@Kathy My guess, no GC for the rest of us is because Apple is an evil monopoly, and wants it to stay that way. :) I wish PC/Android could get the neat accomplishments, but the leadeerboards, I don't care about so much. Every board has hacked scores in the top spots, so they're kind of pointless. Just like the people who post them.

@hunnybunny I'm not the score police! :P Just giving you a heads up. Of course now that I've seen that unprovoked pine marten/princess crack. I'm turning you in! Yep, just as soon as I can invent some offense that doesn't sound ridiculous, you're in big trouble. :P
  • My I-pad and the leader boards in the nest are identical @Kelani. No inflated scores for me. I thought I was going crazy this morning trying to figure out where you had me beat so bad. I compared our scores side by side and couldn't find the extra 80k+. I like the way they look now a lot better. ha ha
  • @Rat Any idea why GameCenter showed your score higher? I first thought it might be the scores from Part 2 in there, but it was only 9k. Must be GC update lag, but I'm keeping an eye on you. :P

Glad you like the current scores. I'll see if I can't ruin that for you by tomorrow evening. After which I won't be able to play til Sunday night.
  • Thanks @Rat, I honestly didn't think I'd pick up on Space that fast. I just keep reminding myself it's a game of billiards and it's working so far.

Haven't started part 2 yet. That's a lot of levels (not that I'm complaining). My endurance regimen was geared toward Rio which is 20 levels in an episode. Gotta work on my stamina.

Rio has to be the next update. Yes, Seasons hasn't been updated in a while but look at how many episodes it has compared to Rio and now Space. Yup, Rio is next and it's going to be a World Cup theme, therefore probably released soon.
  • @Rat -- How come if you're not really flinging, you're still near the top of the leaderboard?
  • @fenikus no way. PC - Short Fuse. It's so freakin overdue it's ridiculous. Then Rio :P
  • Yup. Probably Rio @fenikus. Probably?

Most Space levels aren't one birders or billiard shots. This is in a category all by itself. But it has the Space label on it so I have to be a contender.
  • lol, I tied the high score on #27 Always do that on Space.
  • I flung my a** off yesterday. And I've got nine other fingers @Mvnla2. Plus my thumb is working most of the time, albeit painfully. I'm just gritting my teeth and flingin'. I'll give you a tip @Mvnla2. Flingin' is only half the battle. You need to know what to fling at. I've got a big head! Just ask anybody. It only makes sense that I'd have a big brain to go with it.
  • @mvnla2, he "toyed with a couple of levels" today and picked up 50K+ points since last night.

BTW, I'm working on leaving some breadcrumbs on levels I have top scores on. Might even make some vids -- in addition to the deep discount for Soyuz ride, the Russians loaned me some high-tech video equipment. Might as well use it.
  • Awww, you noticed @fenikus. And I thought you didn't care.

@Kelani, I had top score on level 27 at lunch. Now I'm fourth.
  • @Rat That drop sounds like me on Pt 1. Pt 2 is different. In the last hour, I picked up 3 high scores on 4 consecutive levels. Funny how the ABcosmos works. :P
  • @fenikus -- I watched one of your videos; very difficult shot. But thanks for the effort. May have to try it some more.
    @Rat -- I'm ignoring your comment about your brain. : D
  • Wahoo !! There a new sheriff in town @fenikus ....
    Drinks on me !!
    OB I'll have a double PigKiller. .hmm I really gotta dig out the space drinks;/
  • A new sheriff in town, @Kathy? Oh, #14…that's what I get for posting my strategies, dagnabbit. Wait, did you use my variation that I just posted or ABSM's original?
Post in the New Forum!