Highest Possible Score
  • I think that it would be interesting if Rovio came out with the actual highest score possible for each level. Given the fact that they designed the game, they should be able to calculate the highest one bird (if possible) 2 bird (if possible) solution based on any possible strategy…etc.

They must have some type of algorithmic computer program to show how much damage can be made at every angle for each bird on every level etc…I think everyone gets the idea. I’m bringing this up based on the earlier discussion of the high score that is like 35000 points higher than everyone elses.

The one and only thing I don’t understand about the game is the random destruction outcome I get from flinging the bird at the same angle, with the same slingshot speed. I feel that I’m slinging the bird as far back as I can every time, but I’m getting different amounts of damage (especially with the Red Bird). I’m wondering if much of the game is based on a random generator algorithm. Or maybe I'm playing on a device with an insufficient screen resolution.

I will note that I’m playing with an Iphone, and I can’t make out the microscopic pixel differences that one might be able to see on an Ipad. If that’s the case, maybe I should get an Ipad.

Anyway, I definately welcome any answers or responses to my comment
  • 5 Comments
  • Maybe you could send an email to Rovio and see what they think.
  • Yes, although it wasn't until after I posted my discussion topic...But, after reading all the replies, non of the responses touch on the highest possible score issue/question/idea I brought up. Surely Rovio must have this information, or a way of calculating it based on their software.

From my standpoint, it would be nice to know what a theoretical benchmark is for each level. Maybe they don't want to release such info, but when a brand has done well over $100 million they must have some type of way of figuring out this information or at least should.

After reading the posts, I understand there has to be some randomness involved. there's no randomness when I plug 2+2 in my calculator, but there seems to be obvious randomness in the start of many levels. Although my biggest concern with randomness was whether or not those that had an Ipad had the same big red bird issue I had. I used the red bird as an example, because it's pretty clear when you pull that bird back and it's a dud, and on another turn, it's a torpedo hero that goes through everything.
  • Please post your comments about random behavior under the forum topic on AB, physics and random chance

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/756/angry-birds-physics-and-random-chance
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!