Mighty Eagle on Multiple Devices question (answered)
  • I would send this question to Rovio, but they take forever to answer (if at all) and I suspect someone here has the answer. I have multiple iPod Touches and as you know, since I use the same iTunes account, I can put Angry Birds on any device associated with that account. However, not all of these devices backup to the same machine. As a result, initially a Mighty Eagle purchase through the app (and consequently backed up on one computer via iTunes) is not available to other iPod Touches that are backed up on other computers in the household (but uses the same iTunes account). I suspect that I can go through the process of "re-buying" Mighty Eagle for other iPod Touches so that it is available to them and not actually get charged again for it, but I want to double check before doing so. Has anyone actually done this and been successful (i.e. not charged multiple times)? Or is there another way to get Mighty Eagle on these devices short of copying the highscores and settings files (which I can do, but do not want to do so. These other users have their own gameplay that I do not want to destroy). I also have these devices jailbroken, but do not want to download the DLC file to enable it (which I obviously am familiar with). I paid for Mighty Eagle and want to have it available to me on all devices associated with that iTunes account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 6 Comments
  • As far as I know, your best bet is to "re-purchase" the Mighty Eagle on each device. So long as they are all running the same iTunes account and the same type of app (that is, Angry Birds is not the same as Angry Birds HD for iPad), then the AppStore will recognize that your iTunes account has already made this purchase before.

Have I done it personally? No. But I have also not heard of people being charged multiple times for buying the Mighty Eagle on (say) both their iTouch and iPhone. And even still, if you do get charged, it is incredibly easy to dispute since it was done from the same iTunes account.
  • I know that I could dispute, but just didn't want to go through the hassle if it came to that. I am not familiar with in app purchases as this is the only one that I have done (or seen to be worthwhile) to do.
  • What Slim says is something that I have tried and it works. You will only be charged once for the Mighty Eagle if you "purchase" it multiple times on multiple devices as long as you are working from the same iTunes account.
  • Let me just specify again that it must also be the same app. For example, I have had to purchase the Mighty Eagle 4 times, for 4 different apps: Angry Birds, Angry Birds HD, Seasons, and Seasons HD. But if I added say an iTouch to my collection, I could get the Eagle for "free" via AB/ABS.
  • Thanks slim and Victor. I appreciate the info immensely. I figured that would be the case, but just wanted to clarify. Don't like jumping off a cliff without a parachute.
  • I can confirm this too, my wife decided to purchase the ME and it told her she already has it. Saved us a buck! :-)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!