Expensive much?
  • Just out of curiosity, how much is everyone spending on Angry Birds stuff... paid-for versions of games, extra levels, eagles and power-ups, plush toys, telepods, king size AB bed sheets, etc.?

For me it’s about $15 and my kid has received probably another $30 worth of AB themed gifts from friends and relatives.

I’m not sure if I should include the “Angsty Birds” T-shirt I’m wearing today. I don’t know if Rovio gets a cut of that. I’d take it off to check the label, but several of my colleagues already suspect that I should be committed and I don’t want to give them proof ;-)
  • 17 Comments
  • I spent about 80 dollars on bird coins in ABF.
    About 400 dollars for telepods (ABSW2 and AB GO I) about 200 dollars paid for s&h costs only.
    10 dollars on credits in ABSW 2 (only so far, I am going to spend more).
    I paid for ME in all games, but have never paid dime on power ups, SEs and MFs).
    I bought 4 books haven't paid more than 100 dollars.
    I have 10 plushies paid 6 euros each.
    I also have UBS sticks bought for some bargin.
    Paid less then 100 and more then 50 dollars on kid's appreal (T-shirts, socks and pajamas).
    Honestly I think I spend to much but I am sure there are people who spend 1000s of bucks on all Angry birds stuff.
  • Pillows, pillows lots of pillows. Some I sold, some I kept. I current keep 3 red angry birds. Each of them cost around $18. Probably spent around $200 on all the pillows.

I had a whole army of angry birds before I started selling them off to people I knew locally (there was no supply of reasonably priced official merchandise a couple years ago, and I can't stand the Chinese ripoffs sold on ebay).

I intend to someday next year purchase the Ultimate Bad Piggies collection which is $99-125 for a 1x 16", 1x 12" and several 5" pigs.

But it's more likely I might spend on classic Victorian dolls. Or taxidermy animals. They are useful to teach responsibility and animal care to small children. Also I can build dollhouses out of recycled materials.
  • I hardly spend money on Angry Birds stuff, but I do have:

An Angry Birds Plushie

A Black Bird T-shirt

3 Angry Birds Keychains which I either got from someone else or from the fun fair. :)
  • I may hold the record for least spent by a certified AB addict (or will I be kicked out of ABA?). I have bought all the games for iPad, some for iPhone before I got the iPad, and ABO for Mac. I bought ME for all games, but no limited use SE or MF; no power ups or telepods. Bought 2 or 3 National Geographic books. No plushies, but I do have 2 pencil-toppers someone gave me that I use as Christmas ornaments. No other merchandise (no little kids, but will have to see about the next generation).
  • @cosmo2503, I am absolutely shocked. For that kind of money I would have placed an order for 60 pizzas ;-)
  • For me, PC versions of Space, Seasons, Star Wars and Bad Piggies for $5 each,
    and five 8" plushies for about $17 each ... which makes a little over $100 in total ... so far.
  • @mvnla2, I think I may have underspent you. I have spent $0 on AB merchandise, Powerups, and Telepods. I have bought most of the AB games, but only for iPad... no, wait, I did buy AB for PC to try it out. I also bought ME, but rarely use it. That's it. I suppose I could at least buy a key chain....
  • Only $4.95 for Star Wars (PC). When I got that they had a "$5 off any other merchandise offer" so I got Bad Piggies (PC) for free.

Then I got Original, Space, Star Wars and Bad Piggies on iPod for free through the "Free App of the Week" and Rio for free too.

I've never bought any in app purchases or physical AB products.
  • Y'all make me feel cheap. I bought a couple of the apps, Seasons, Space, Rio, and AB HD. I forgot the cost. Still don't have Bad Piggies or Star wars 1or 2. Not even a pencil topper in merchandise. I think they're losing money sending ads to me.
  • And @burpie, I never buy apparel such as a t-shirt. One size does not fit all.
  • They may not be selling much but that's y there doing telepods... You know there selling plenty of those right now
  • I have a T-Shirt (gift from my ex) and a plushie dangling from my rear mirror...and I bought Rio, Seasons, Space and Star Wars.
  • I promise to buy 50 AB t-shirts in various sizes if Rovio will not invade other apps, or create new ones that require Telepods for an optimal score :)
  • @BPC, I hope Rovio doesn't retroactively market telepods for AB Space!
  • @burpie I also hope that telepods novelity won't be introduced in all Rovio's games. I already spent too much on SW2 and AB GO! telepods, I really don't need more expenses. But, who knows, these things are fun, people buy them like crazy (I am crazy shopaholic) and they bring afine income to both companies Rovio and Hasbro. Thinking about coming holidays I wouldn't be surprised. BTW @burpie what would I do with 60 pizzas?
  • I've spent $10. All 7 Angry Birds premium apps+ Bad Piggies+ME for ABo, ABS, and ABR. If P. Vesterbacka manages to get our petition through to the rest of the team I might be paying for a permanent Space Eagle sooner or later. But otherwise I spend no money on non-permanent items.
  • at least $250 i have a plush of all the birds, the rio ones, lard vader and 2 pigs. (all of which minus 3 i won at arcades) knex figures of all the birds and 2 sets. i also have a ton of other stuff like almost all the absw sets (although me and my friend split money for those) and the jedi vs sith pack 2 angry birds tee shirts a sports bottle and both console games. also all the apps, for NOOK tablet and ios. I also have Bad piggies, ABO, AB space, and ABSW2 on pc
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!