help! what is the best and cheapest android phone that runs angrybirds?
  • thanks! i love angry birds so any help would be appreciated!
  • 13 Comments
  • i tried but nothing helped...im only buying an android for angry birds...thanks anyway
  • Maybe you could ask from a store that sells phones, I bet they can help you :)
  • ok thanks!
  • Most phones will run AB. But if you want ABSW, BP and AA you have to get a newer phone. With newer phone I mean a Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich or a Jelly Bean. It might work on a Gingerbread but I do not think so.
    ABC, ABR, ABSE, ABSP and ABF works on Gingerbread and (probably Froyo) and Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
  • I will chime in that going from my old Android phone to one with a bigger screen made a big difference in my enjoyment as far as being able to see what's going on better. I have the Galaxy S3 and there are a number of those playing on here. And they're not that expensive now that the S4 is out/just about out.
    That said, from what you say you might pick up a cheap noname Android tablet. If all you're going to do on it is AB; you can probably do it for well under $100 US.
    But pay attention to what Bad Piggies said above - that's good info.
  • Actually I've got an Android phone, but it's one of the cheapest models and so far I've downloaded all the AB games, but haven't playes much, 'cause the screen is sssoooo tiny that it makes the exact aiming pretty much impossible so you may want to think again before buying the cheapest model that runs AB.

My hubby got me a Denver tablet with Android and it's much more enjoyable to play with a bit bigger screen (though I'm still not so familiar with the touch screen).
  • I agree with everyone else that a large screen makes playing AB much more enjoyable.

My wife's phone has a typical 4.0 inch screen. It's doable but not fun.
    My phone has a 4.7 inch screen. Already much better.
    The Galaxy Note ll looks perfect with a 5.5 inch screen.

Any bigger than that, and it wouldn't be a phone but a tablet.

Of course, phones with large screens also have all the other high-end specs and cost a small fortune. More than a perfectly good 7 or 10 inch tablet.

The only problem I have with tablets is that I wouldn't carry one around everywhere... and at home I prefer a tactile keyboard. Basically, I'm not the target demographic for these devices ;-)
  • I recommand you choose a high (but no need 8GB) internal memory device, now Rovio game file size is big, for the latest Friend it use about 55MB and 6MB of data, and you may to save some screenshoot, you can ignore this if you not to playing other andoid game.
  • I'm using my father's tablet to play most of angry birds games. When I play AB on my Gmini it's really hard to do it (with it's slow proccessor). I finally found a great and stable custom rom so I can play cut the rope without lags :). I recommend you should buy an android device with at least has 800 MHz processor
  • I also have a galaxy mini and the bird goes REALLY slow. But it´s usually faster with airplane mode on, probably because it does not have to find the ads then.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!