Android Recover Data
  • Hey I had to factory reset my android and now my data is gone and I backed it up(luckily). I've tried everything to get it back but when I move the score it doesn't show up on my game. I've played at least one level for each game. I have all angry birds games. I even called the company(yes rovio entertainment has a telephone number you can call), but I can't reach them because it's an international call. Can anyone help me?
  • 22 Comments
  • Play one level of the game and finish it with, say, 1 star. Then restart your device. Then try to move your backed-up data files in.
  • Ok thank you i will tell you if it works
  • they are zipped files how do i work that on mac?
  • Unzip it
  • @MrPig sorry you are having trouble. I hope you can recover your games. If you are interested, there is an app called "angrybackup" on google play; the developer is Whitney Champion. There is an app for all of the AB games, except Star Wars. They work perfectly and are all free. You can backup your game files to your sd card or online. I used the online option when I had to replace my Kindle Fire and it was very simple to do. I do hope you can get your games back, but you might consider another backup option, just in case. Better safe than sorry.
  • can some one make a video of it please
  • @MrPig Make a video of what? You already said you backed it up. However you managed to back it up, that's how you put it back.
  • Yes I have imyunzipe the files and played all games with at least,1 level beaten. I put the files in and myvscore still doesnt show up
  • Sorry I said unzip
  • So, do those files are. lua files?
  • Yes .lua files ive tried to move the files in its place
  • Its still not working!

• do you use the manual way (using root file manager)or the backup app?
    if you use the manual way, do you move the file on the files folder on com.rovio.••?
    is your device jelly bean version (4.1)? (cause jelly bean version uses root permision to access its files)
  • no i have froyo oh i think i might have found a way to do it. I will let you know the results later today
  • i found a way to get my data back and it worked on rio but the problem is the app that i used to back it up updated to support backup to new episodes. i heard rooting can save lost files so i gonna try that for now. here is the game that worked successfully and fully: angry birds rio.
  • Update: I found out rooting can get back lost data. Anyone know how to temproot Lg Optimus V android 2.2.2?
  • Update: I know this is late but thank you. Im going to try this over the weekend
  • By the way is it possible to unroot it once im done
  • Yes, see the link above again and look at the final paragraph of the article
  • much thanks my friend i hope you are right about this. Your a life (and money!) saver.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!