Worst Bosses in the Game

I thought it might be fun to air grievances about our least favorite bosses in the game, and maybe share some strategies that have made these bosses easier on some of us. I recently replayed through just the boss levels in the game so far (since I was seeing random ones crop up in the DC and wanted to refresh my memory), so I figured now would be as good a time as any. I'll start with some rare tough ones from earlier in the game, then when I have more time I'll get to more recent levels. First up, Eggchanted Woods level 50: This is the one with the "fireman pigs" not seen in any other level, who obliterate your birds if you try to go through the portal. Knocking the boss through the portal onto the TNT several times isn't that hard in theory. In practice, it's the first of a great many situations where it's far too easy to get the boss stuck in a nigh-immovable pile of debris each time he bounces back from the last hit. This level just seems clumsily designed, like they invented a whole new type of pig just to patch a puzzle they couldn't present in more of an elegant fashion. Eggchanted Woods level 60: Another one where one wrong move gets the boss stuck in a mire of clutter and it takes several birds to dig him back out again. Surgical precision is the key here - destroy the obstacles to the left, right, and above the boss before you try to hit him directly. Of course that takes a lot of birds and it's quite easy to mess this up. I hate that these two bosses are back-to-back so early in the game. Chirp Valley level 70: This one's either really easy or close to impossible. Luck of the draw depending on where the boss lands after you explode the TNT under him. If he rolls to the right against the wood and glass wall you're about to destroy, it's a cakewalk. If he rolls against the solid wall to the left, he's out of reach of most birds and even Bomb, Silver and Matilda can't really move him away. Shangham level 110: The first of many situations where you're out of luck if you don't have either a specific bird or just a lot of them. Terence is the only reliable bird that get over the construction pigs without getting rerouted. Blues can do it if you're lucky. And once the boss falls down, he has a really bad habit of getting stuck in the crack instead of blown back up onto the glass platform above the bit - so now you need to send another bird down there and hope you can jostle him loose. Up next: Greasy Swamp, Greenerville, Steakholm, Misty Mire.
Exit mobile version