Deceptihogs' Revenge (iOS & Android) – new characters and more

Angry Birds Transformers has (finally) received its first major update called Deceptihogs' Revenge. The best part of this update is that it added 5 new characters (some of them were unlockable in the soft launch). Here's the breakdown of this update: * 5 new characters: Thundercracker, Jazz, Brawl, Grey Slam Grimlock and Dark Megatron; * new characters automatically mean new areas, one of which is Pig City that contains 4 level areas, so that's a total of 8 more level areas which means even more coins to collect; * a leaderboard that shows the total pigs you and your friends have popped; * new achievements, which means more ways to earn gems; * the recently mentioned Pig City is a whole new environment that has its own soundtrack and some new mechanics; these levels contain red buttons that you must shoot in order to activate a bridge that will let you continue the battle, otherwise you're dead (red buttons also offer Energon cubes); these levels also contain a new missile silo that launches stronger missiles that cause some damage, but don't scramble you; unlike the scrambling missile silos, these silos can be destroyed; * character customization - you can buy stuff for your character that will make him look cool or, presumably, make his battles easier (I don't know much about this feature because the items cost gems); some items are actually from the Transformers series and movie, e.g. the Autobot Matrix of Leadership for Optimus Prime, Lazerbeak for Soundwave or a crown for Energon Starscream; each character gets a Christmas hat for free; * the characters now form squads that offer bonus coins when the squads are complete; there is a total of 8 squads to complete, the squads are made of from 2 to 4 characters; I personally have already unlocked the new characters so now I have all 25 characters and my coin bonus is 40%, so I guess it's 5% from each squad; * when looking at squads, you can click on a character to see his description; * better performance; * the characters' stats have been adjusted; * there is a Quests feature in Teletraan 1, but I have no idea what it's supposed to do because it currently says "No quests" (probably because I downloaded the update quite early); * your 'thank you' or 'thanks for nothing' moments from the last battle are now photographed and you can choose to share those photos via Facebook; * Energon characters are able to regenerate their health in a battle by collecting Energon cubes; * a new soundtrack for the previously introduced forest environment; * according to @gulgor0, "fireballs shot from Mortar Towers now have an even lower splash radius, now even standing one meter from them doesn’t hurt you;" * Energon Soundwave, Energon Optimus Prime, Ultimate Megatron and High Octane Bumblebee now shoot in bursts; * coin-rich Eggbots in battle - when you use your gems to intercept an Eggbot, the Eggbot will appear in the battle and run in front of you for almost the whole level; you can shoot the Eggbot to get large amounts of coins (one shot from Heatwave or Sentinel Prime can give you about 500 coins); the Eggbot has a limit to how much damage it can take until it flies away (wait, the Eggbots can fly?) so shoot it as many times as you can; the Eggbot temporarily retreats several times when it takes too much damage and there is a chance it will spawn a gem (once per battle) that you'll automatically collect; * different amounts of pigs are now required to unlock some characters; from the videos I've seen so far, Ultimate Megatron and Ultimate Optimus Prime are now unlocked for 2250 pigs instead of 2500 and High Octane Bumblebee and Goldbite Grimlock are unlocked for 2500 pigs instead of 2000; * when every area has been revealed, the initial forest levels will no longer appear (I personally find it very sad because the soundtrack in these levels was my favorite). iOS users will also receive the changes that were provided in v1.2.13 for Android. The changes are explained in this topic. The 'different area completed' issue seems to have been fixed. I spoke too soon - the bug is still alive. Also, I have experienced a couple of crashes when playing a level (probably due to action overload). So far these are the changes I've experienced. Be sure to write down anything that I missed so I could add it as well. Enjoy the update.
Exit mobile version