Angry Birds Toons Season 3 Discussion

Since ABN doesn't post news about Angry Birds Toons much anymore, I've decided thatit is my duty to present them here. There's the name, my description (Some official descriptions have spoilers, like "Royal Heist") and the last-minute twist. This isn't going to be a news thread, since the point of this thread is to discuss the episodes. (Tip: Listen to these with the sound up - It vastly improves the experience! At least try it with "Porkula".) New episodes release Friday on the Toons.TV app. They release on Sunday everywhere else. Let's start with episodes 1-7. (SPOILER ALERT) ROYAL HEIST King Pig (a.k.a. King Pig "Smooth Cheeks") tries to steal a gilded egg back from the popular piggy musician we saw in "Epic Sax-Off" (We'll call him "Piggy Rich"). Twist: There's a claw machine full of the gilded eggs! BAD HAIR DAY Chuck finds that his had feathers have gone gray - and subsequently grows very old. Where's that Season-1-Time-Slowing-Headband when you need it? Twist: After the pigs steal the eggs, the Blues reveal that they painted his hair - Chuck then races off. When he comes back with the eggs, the Blues have gray hair - Chuck has paid them back. GOLDITROTTERS Philosopher Pig tells King Pig the story of Golditrotters to help him go to sleep. Twist: More of a Mind Flock: When Golditrotters meets the 3 Birds (Hulking, Enormous), she runs back home, to discover Terence has taken her mother's place, not unlike Little Red Riding Hood's wolf. King Pig cannot sleep now. A FISTFUL OF CABBAGE After reading a comic on Wild West cowboys, he decides to take the law into his own, err, hands. Twist: After meeting REAL outlaws (The tough pig from "Hamshank Redemption", El Porkador (singing again, natch) and two other robbers), King Pig is so scared that he locks himself in his own jailhouse. Turns out these outlaws just want to have a friendly cabbage barbecue. King Pig is foiled again! PORKULA (Halloween 2015 episode) At night, Porkula comes out to feast on his piggy victims... Cue Bubbles the Cloudcuckoolander. Twist: Bubbles has saved the day and all the pigs come out to congratulate him... Cue the full moon. The pigs turn into werewolves, ready to feast. DIDGERIDORK: Chuck finds a Didgeridoo on the beach. He cannot ply it, but Bomb can, resulting in jealousy from Chuck. Twist: Chuck successfully blows up the didgeridoo, but Bomb turns it into spectacle. Chuck, furious, with a 'sploded didgeridoo on his head, leaves. He finds an accordion, and somehow plays it awfully as well. He refuses to give it to Bomb to play, swallowing it. Bomb then plays the Chuckordion over the credits beautifully. THE PORKTRAIT: King Pig, upset with his image in the Royal Gallery, demands a retake. Twist: King Pig yells at the bird-actors, the perfect picture for the gallery... only for King Pig's costume to finally come apart. This image, when revealed, is more abstract then perfect, but King Pig likes it anyways. MY THOUGHTS: Royal Heist: The poorest episode IMO because there's nothing really interesting... I liked the "rolling helmet" comedic timing and the twist... only because it was out of my head. Darn you, official description! Rating: 3.25 Bad Hair Day: This time, the cover image revealed the twist. I liked it nontheless, being a step up from "Royal Heist", but it's still not as good as, say, PORKULA. Rating: 3.75/5 Golditrotters: Another tiny step up, being a fun little tale. And the TWIST! THAT was unexpected. Rating: 4/5 A Fistful of Cabbage: Less interesting, but the twist and special effects were nice. Rating: 3.75/5 Porkula: Easily the best episode of them all. The scary parts were terrifying (A pig dies just offscreen), the funny parts were funny (Bubbles thinking Porkula was a trick-or-treater. Listen to the credits to the end, too!) and the references to Bram Stoker's Dracula were accurate as I know of (Green Mist, for one). The twist and Bubbles's subsequent expression were also nice. Rating: 4.75/5 Didgeridork: This episode easily has the most creative score with some accordions and didgeridoos and whatnot. It was shorter than I expected, however. The fireworks gag was also a great touch. Rating: 4.5/5 The Porktrait: Anyone who's seen the "The Garfield Show" (The lesser known 3D one) episode of the same name will find a few similarities, like the montage. The ending was hilarious as much as said montage. Rating: 4.25/5 Your thoughts?
Exit mobile version