Unfair monetising strategy

I love and respect Rovio...except the person in charge of monetising ABT. This person made us cough up ten bucks for Jenga mode by making coins an essential currency in the game...then, they launched a new release that devalues coins to near worthlessness by supplying them bountifully for doing next to nothing. We have a new currency of materials for any meaningful upgrades. Those of us that bought gems believing level ten to be the highest for a character have been suckered by the extension to level 15. Would we have bought gems, had we known the level would stretch to 15? We have customers who may have paid to progress in the game being calmly told if a bug causes them to lose all progress that they are SOL. I have no quarrel with the designers and the developers and the customer support of ABT. Even if there are issues, they seem to be working sincerely to resolve problems and dream up ways to keep the game interesting. I also have no objections to companies booking healthy profits. The monetising of ABT does not reflect the values Rovio has stood for. It is one sided and suggests a fly-by-night disregard for customers. I like the work of every other team on this game and if I keep playing it is because they are good enough to overshadow the monetising.
Exit mobile version