Less Gems for the Same Price

Just happened to hit the Gem Shop button this morning and noticed that Rovio has decreased the amount of gems to be purchased for the same price. For example one use to be able to purchase around 5,200 gems for $99.99. Now it is 3,000 for the same price. They are even advertising a +75% increase on the reduced amount. WOW what surprise and to brag about it does not make a lot of logically sense!!!! What does the Gem Shop page and function really cost Rovio to maintain that would justify such a dramatic decrease in gems for the same amount of money? My uneducated guess on this matter would be, almost nothing. They are not supplying any tangible product for the $99.99. The gems are just a one time virtual purchase. Someone smarter than me in these IT matters can enlighten my knowledge on this subject. In addition, I do not understand how reducing the amount of gems makes them more money. If for some reason they did incur an increase in their costs, then why not spin it in a positive direction of increasing the price and adding more gems for the higher price. This way it is a win/win for them (they get more revenue) and also the players who may want to purchase gems will receive more gems. With this present state of the Gem Shop, it has definitely motivated me not to purchase any gems. What a waste of money for less virtual product provided.
Exit mobile version