Can't use pigs to shorten "rescue" mission time

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Can't use pigs to shorten "rescue" mission time

• I wanted to start the rescue mission for one of the Blues (I forget what the mission was called – “Sharp Shooting”, I think).

It has a mission time of 48 hours, and there’s no way I’m going to wait around that long so I decided to use pigs to shorten it down to 24 hours.

Except that when I got to the pigs screen it wouldn’t let me deploy any, not a single one.

Is this normal? Pig deployment is working fine for all of the regular non-rescue missions.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

I’m pretty sure I used pigs to shorten the blues missions. But that was when the update first came out. Maybe in one of the bug fix updates Rovio made it so you can’t shorten charater missions?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@optimuspig When the Bluestreak update came out, you were still able to shorten the rescue missions, but about a week or a few later the portals were tweaked: the 7-hour missions turned into 8-hour missions, the rescue mission duration went from 24 to 48 hours, and you can no longer shorten the rescue missions. And these tweaks were made via servers, not updates.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@mighty-red-1

OK, thanks. Argh – oh well, looks like I’m going to put off the rescues until the bitter end then.

Traveler
    @traveler

I was able to use gems to upgrade Prowl once the 48 hour rescue mission started. I think it was about 140 gems at the start, with the number to upgrade declining over time.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, that’s true, but I guess the point is to use pigs to avoid using gems, since I have 80,000 pigs available, and less than 1,000 gems at the moment.

bigorange
    @bigorange

I’ve never seen a 48 hour mission so far, and I can use always pigs to shorten time…
    Probably some other OS ? Android here…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@bigorange

I’ve only seen the 48h missions for the Blues’ rescues.

Have you rescued them (and the Stellas) already?

bigorange
    @bigorange

@optimuspig

Yes, all 29 characters unlocked and at least at level 12
    In total, I’m at level 375
    I rescued the blues long ago in a 24h mission, even than never saw a +24h mission

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, looks like the 48h missions are a relatively new thing. I only updated to v1.6.23 from v1.5.19 a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t even have the Blues’ rescue missions available to me before I updated, lol.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Can't use pigs to shorten "rescue" mission time

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.