Android Angry Birds
  • My Android phone (Verzion) says there is an update for Angry birds (original edition) but it says it wants to replace the previous version. Does this mean I'm going to lose my scores? When I up date other programs, it says user data will not be lost but this time it doesn't. Anyone else have this happen?
  • 4 Comments
  • I have an android and have never had an issue updating any version of AB. All my updates come from Google Play. There has been issues before from users updating from Amazon Appstore.
    As an added precaution, you may want to back up your progress. There is a forum thread for that.

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-ultimate-backup-tutorial-for-all-platforms/
  • What version of AB:O are you currently running?

Mine is currently 2.3.0 and I have no updates pending according to the Play Store.
  • You will definitely lose your scores. This is what happened to me with AB Space from Amazon. You would not get a message from Verizon (what I have) but from Amazon Apps or Google Play. I've switched over to GP. Save your progress and you can too.
    As someone who had to do about 2/3 of Space over again I'd dearly love to spare you the pain!
    Good luck!
  • it's happening to me on my xperia x10 but that's a long time ago (before market turns to Google Play and my phone stills 2.1 android version), So it's normal
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!