The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3076
  • 159674 Comments
  • No puppy tales of near misses so far, though I was definitely robbed of a 97k 3 birder. Flung bird 3 low to the far side, bomb took care of those left on the ground while carcass took out sand blocks bringing sand monkey to his doom. Or so I thought, the critter survived the fall. I was not expecting that. Not even from sand monkey.
    Lesson learned? When it comes to those prehensile ringtailed reprobates, go for the head shot every time.

Playing today's challenge level this song keeps popping into my head. Can't think why. Probably because I can't think of a song called All marmosets must die.

https://youtu.be/52iW3lcpK5M
  • @BrianN I can't lie. I am not the flinger I used to be. I play ABF when I'm bored and what not. But the original games I haven't touched since they made everything cloud based. But that was also near the time that my life got extraordinarily busy so we mark it as "happenstance."
    As far as my monicker: RDNZL is my favorite song by Frank Zappa. Rips is a way I say "...is awesome" and 82 is my favorite number. It's out of a scene from Rainman.
    Also, my fan-favorite Radiohead song is Reckoner. But honestly, they don't put out many I don't like lately. The way they've embraced technology and manipulated it into a further leap into alternate soundscapes.
    The reason for my absence is email account related. I've been locked out of my account for 4 years. And as I said earlier, I got busy and didn't have time to mess with it.
  • Let's not get into what RDNZL stands for, that's a whole can of worms. I guess we could put it on the jukebox. But it sent OB a bit peculiar last time. Good stuff though.
  • I really can't find the energy to search out all the places in the universe where Boba Fett was so careless to leave his jet packs lying around. So no Challenge today for me. Looking forward to the Xmas challenges. I can't do worse than last year and there is a badge up for grabs.
  • Looking for Boba's jet packs is half the fun. What's wrong with you! Actually it's the high score putting me off. Too much luck required. May have a pop later if only to improve my average 95k score.
  • Did you know rdnzirips82 that there's a way to work out the sadness quotient of a song? Guess which band have written the saddest songs in the history of pop?
    Just goes to show sad can be beautiful.
  • Getting bad vibes about T20 final today. New Zealand so much better than the Aussies, but they have a history of losing one day finals in recent years. I know they just won the World Test Championship, but that's a Mickey Mouse competition in my view.
    I shall though be rooting for the Black Caps.
  • Hi @kathy, haven't heard from you in a couple of days. How are you? Hope the treatment though unpleasant is doing it's job.
  • Think they should change their name to the Black Pants.
  • Are you trolling me with that rogue apostrophe @brianN?
  • Do we have any gloating Aussies lurking anywhere in the BP? Or any depressed Kiwis?
  • Happy Monday everyone. Orange? Ima need a big, fat juicy cup of coffee and some burnt toast please.
  • Someone mention The Happy Mondays?

https://youtu.be/O8maBsuhHr4

If there's coffee on the go OB I'll have an iced meerkatter... er macchiato.With a twist of melon.

JS Bach, no substitute for Bez(you've gotta love him).
  • Got yer Brass Hogs in order yet Dan? Nothing to worry about with today's level. Save your energy for the Advent Challenge and that Holly dog.
    My first ever puppy was a Holly dog. (Apparently they are just for Christmas). When I got another puppy score later in the month I rather cheekily asked for one of yer standard pup badges. Needless to say I got short shrift from those hardliners at admin. Had to wait for my first regular dog. It didn't even come with fries.
  • See England's rugby team did well tonight, couple of unconverted tries by the look of it.
  • I presume the sadness quotient is partly based on musical key. So D minor might feature. Need an answer @ brianN, I am not feeling inspired.
  • Yes, I am only up to Brass Hogs 24 so no Challenge for second day running.
  • Yes, those clever people at Spotify have come up with a way to measure the valence of a song(it's emotional impact). Others have made algorithms factoring in the negative or positive affect lyrics have. Even with all that it's likely to be subjective.

Is it just me or is Jurassic Pork a bit tough? A'll get me coat.
  • Interesting Asher fact:not only does he have tech to rival Jodrell Bank behind him but he also puts postit notes on his humongous screen with arrows indicating release points. Thought I was obsessed! Fair play to him his strat and the way he executes it is way beyond my pay grade. Think I'll swerve this one..
    You'll have to master these levels @desperatedan if you want to make 90 million. So many points in those ridiculous trees if you know how to get them.
  • 90 million not on my radar. 89 maybe. Then I may not have to go near the hated Jurassic Pork. I find @jrsquonk's scores across that episode superhuman. He must have been eating his Weetabix*. Couldn't get anywhere near my best score on 35-2 yesterday. You are right, it's all about the trees.

* other cereals are available.
  • Talking of sad songs (and videos), this is unsurpassible in my opinion.
    https://youtu.be/8AHCfZTRGiI
  • Lot of sad songs out there, he wrote quite a few of them. But as the frost appeared for the first time on my windscreen I'm already feeling like jumping off a bridge so I'll meet you half way with this one.
    This unconventional lady saw at some future date that the sadness of a song would be calculable electronically so threw the automatons off her scent by writing really dark lyrics in a very upbeat tune. My kinda gal.

https://youtu.be/V4jUZ-Ex1k0
  • Well @desperatedan, this is starting to feel like a private members club. Brandy old boy? Now where's that Daily Telegraph?
  • I've just posted a comment on a walkthrough telling off someone called @CakeyFA who has gone through about 20 levels from the early episodes of ABO basically slagging them all off because he can't get good scores on them. Made me a bit mad - some of those are really good levels that need a bit of respect. I did wish him good luck and more patience at the end so it wasn't all bad cop. Did I do right? @karen68 will know because she knows everything.
  • Yes, I like upbeat tunes with dark lyrics. Beautiful South did a lot of that. Turning it on its head, any suggestions for miserable tunes with really cheery lyrics?
  • @DesperateDan @mention @Sweetp
    Sorry I'm still not feeling well, I just saw your note and felt need to respond
  • Thanks @kathy. Some of the language wasn't great. Really sorry you are feeling rough. Makes my toothache seem a bit trivial. As does my wife's spinal tumour.
  • Of course, that JC song was a cover, @brianN, as I am sure you know.
  • I must stop posting comments in a random order.
  • @desperatedan some people just like to whine. And perhaps spam for points.

Love the Johnny Cash version of that song, actually prefer it to the original.
  • How can I keep up with your pup count @brianN when you appear to have jumped from 19 to 21 in one day? Come on, fess up. On my unofficial count we should now be 20-20.
  • Nothing to do with me @desperatedan.Bit of a bombshell you dropped there.(I'm not talking about that Matilda shot either-you'll have to teach me that one).Hope your good lady is being well looked after.
  • Hi @kathy,nice to hear from you.Haven't been there myself but everyone tells me chemotherapy has some awful side effects.Hope you too are getting the support you need.
  • @BrianN I corrected your puppy count to 20, sorry.
    @desperatedan was correct, there was a miscount.
    At least you get a shiny silver Underdog badge!
  • If it wasn't for that meddling Dan I'd have gotten clean away with it.I'm busy working on 21 as we speak.3 scores of 128k non of them at the high end needed for a puppy.Suffering simian succotash!Also gggaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
    Thanks for the badge @karen68 & @sweetp.(I still haven't worked out how to reply to those messages that appear in my profile page.)
  • Pull yourself together man, it should only take a couple of flings ;-).
  • I'm obviously not such a big tosser these days. Though I'm sure some would argue the... er...
    "Yakawtzowvathir! "
    Yeah all right Noddy, no need to shout.
    Cup-a-soup anyone?
  • Just had a message from someone called cakey FA. Says he's on the National Express heading for Derby.
    https://youtu.be/p_GLSgJ39Dc
  • Getting copious amounts of deja vu with today's challenge.
  • @BrianN, is there a spammer in the Nest?

cc: @bernersenn
  • @Kathy, I know how awful you must feel! Chemo is nothing to sneeze at. Very debilitating and makes you feel weak. I'm so sorry you have to go through it. Stay strong my friend, you can do this! (((HUGS)))
  • Hi @sweetp, I'm sure there are lots of spammers on the nest, you'll have to be more specific.
  • Hey @hunnybunny, you're quiet. Sulking about your rubbish rugby team? The Welsh National team is so enigmatic. One year fighting Italy for the wooden spoon, next year winning a grand slam. It must be hormonal.
  • Not a quiz just a bit of fun. Songs that reference Angry Birds. They can be specific:Chuck E's in love-Rickie Lee Jones(name of artist not required). Or quite loose:Birdy song by The Tweets. (If anyone puts that on the jukebox I shall have to have a word.)
    Tweakiing the title to make AB reference is more than acceptable Given that it's my non quiz I shall judge the best submission. Daftest one wins. Something for the weekend only. (Don't worry shan't be playing Divine Comedy again, not today anyway.
  • My wife has avoided the chemo fortunately, mainly because it's not suitable for her condition. She's on immunotherapy instead, which can have side effects but not as immediate as chemo.
  • I would imagine an op would be tricky with the tumour being on the spine.
  • For the Blues

Jake the Peg - artist withheld
    Blue Jay Way - Beatles
    Jimmy Jimmy - Undertones
  • Too true, she had one op with partial success. The surgeon's name was Barry White.
  • Some surgeons like to play music while they operate in theatre. I think tunes from the Lurvmeister would be a little inappropriate.
Post in the New Forum!