The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3071
  • 159733 Comments
  • My dad listens to nothing but C&W. Reckon that's a huge stack of gold here. Unfortunately that love wasn't passed on to me.
  • Did Rush do a song about Connecticut?
  • Think the only way we'll get some states is by using @tompuss 's genius idea of taking a song about a city with the same name as an American one.
  • Uhmmm @BrianN @tompuss ?? I don't get it? The name of a song with the same name as an American citty huh¿
  • Sorry @tompuss, my mistake. I was thinking of Day trip to Bangor, which is a folkish song about the Welsh Bangor I think. Should have listened to your selection earlier.
  • I think I may have hit on something though.
    This is technically a group of states but a great tune.
    https://youtu.be/E6rzZ1sA0hc
  • That's a pretty cool song @BrianN :D
    My brain is out of thoughts on the subject, perhaps tomorrow is we have states left , like really who would sing about Iowa lol!!
  • For instance googled Connecticut and it has cities named Norwich, Manchester and even Glastonbury.
    Anyway I'll be quiet for a bit, watching Hartley Quinn. Very funny.
  • Okay good thoughts @BrianN. Til tomorrow then...
  • All the States probably have their own song but stooping to stuff as ghastly as this is a complete last resort. How anyone could sing lyrics like these with a straight face is beyond me. This would be a spoof in the UK but then again, we have irony.
  • I gotta look at that list again,
    Kentucky Woman Neil Diamond
  • Kylie from Connecticut b-Ben Folds
  • I got excited about Honaloochie Boogie by Mott the Hoople but Ian Hunter just made it up to sound like a place in the southern states. Let's go check that list again. Did we confirm the Osmonds did a song called Utah? Well anyway, they sure did and it sounds about as excruciating as the Iowa State song. Needs must.
  • Yep pretty sure the Osmonds did asking called Utah my sweet hometown...;) It is awful!
  • We already had Salt Lake City by Beach Boys from they're early days.
  • Did some Google work
    Jersey Girl, Bruce Springsteen
    Wild Montana Skies, John Denver
    Mainline Florida, Eric Clapton
  • By my reckoning that leaves
    Arkansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Washington, West Virginia.
    May have missed Iowa. Would anyone miss Iowa?
  • Think we got Idaho if not there's always this...
    https://youtu.be/Bvp97GWeLoc
  • John denver Country roads west Virginia
  • Theme tune not a song
    Hawaii five 0
  • Actually Kansas City covers Missouri! Learn something new everyday
  • Iowa -The Dry Cleaner from Des Moines Joni Mitchell , who knew¿Lol
  • Oregon -Roll on Columbia Woody Guthrie
  • So that leaves Arkansas, Minnesota , and Washington ?
    Do we have to do Kansas again? Or is Kansas City good for both?
  • Minnesota Big River Johnny Cash , actually covers a few states lol
    https://youtu.be/t_DSnfVNLwY
  • We already had Kansas. Witchiita Lineman.
    Mary Queen of Arkansas. The Boss(had to google that one)
    Another for Florida, Miami, Will Smith.
    Seattle the home of Grunge. Nirvana, Foo fighters, Garbage. Surely something there?
  • Washington -Seattle By Ethan Rowe
  • Have actually discovered some pretty good songs during this quest:)
  • So I think we got them all?
    What say you guys @BrianN. @DesperateDan ??
  • Soooooo..... How's Everyone doing today¿?
    OB Drinks all around on me :D
  • Utah - Friend of the Devil Grateful Dead
    https://youtu.be/XacvydVrhuI
  • I know it doesn't say Utah in the title, but it clearly mentions utah in the lyrics, and we have the Donnie and Marie Rule, added to by the Mitt Romney factor
  • Nice Flinging on the Challenge today @DesperateDan #2 improved!! I gotta get Flinging one of these days.... Amongst other things... Like my taxes.... Tomorrow is another day
  • Concentrating on getting to 88 million on ABO. I passed 87 million in the summer of 2020 so it's been a long strange trip (getting a bit Greatful Dead there).
    Anyway, I listened to the Osmonds singing "Utah" and it was OK. Probably just sounded good as I was recovering from the Iowa State song.
  • Ah yes, the Mitt Romney Rule. Didn't they play that recently in Mornington Crescent? (UK patrons only).
  • I have no idea whether we got them all but it feels like the USA has about 99 States after that lot. I need a rest.
  • Theme tune not a song
    Hawaii five 0
  • Yeah @Ixan57 will accept that for Hawaii :)
    I'm with @DesperateDan feels like the U. S. Has 99 states , ready for a break.. like 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer , take one down.. pass it around 98 bottles of beer on the wall.. 98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take one down... You know the rest ::/
  • We'll let @BrianN. Be the judge of , if we got them all, if you don't mind @Brian ?
    Any thoughts?
  • I think we did exceptionally well guys. We must've gotten about 40 before any serious googling was required. We did get Dakota and Carolina, but nothing specific for N&S. The only other one I think we're missing is West Virginia. @ixan57 came closest with Take me home Country Roads John Denver. Not mentioned in the title but in the first line, and the whole song is about West Virginia.
    I'm okay with that if you are.
  • Never mind @desperatedan's score, what about @catsnbirds. Flinging like a demon. Finding Asher's strategy the most fruitful (no surprise there.)
  • Thanks @BrianN . Yeah I think we are all good with what we did, no great rest But great teamwork :)
    I didn't see @catsnbirds score , checking now..
  • Woot!! Wtg @Catsnbirds !! And @DesperateDan ! Nice Flinging!
  • At least @Asher writes a strat, instead of flinging and flying, in the beginnings I guess he got enough guff from others that he figured he'd share ;)
  • Sorry, MIA, Friends round for a curry and drinks, and cheese, fruit, chocolate, drinks, gin, wine, beer, whiskey

Might have missed West Virginia but didn’t Olivia Neutron Bomb do that?
  • You've got friends @hunnybunny?
  • I do love watching the aussie get a good pasting by England(well by anyone). Hope we haven't peaked too soon.
  • ONJ did a version of Take me Home, but we were missing a song with West Virginia in it's title.

Here's one from my sons joke book.
    Why did the skeleton miss the party?
    He had no body to go with. (so old I'd forgotten it).
  • Annoyingly, there's a really beautiful song by Joan Baez called East Virginia. The first two lines are "I was born in East Virginia, North Carolina did I roam". She's just teasing us.
Post in the New Forum!