Tweaked levels
  • According to Rovio, they tweaked some old levels to spare you some gray hairs. One of the levels that has been tweaked is 3-5. It's considerably easier to 3-star that level now as glass is added where once was wood and metal.

What other levels have been tweaked?
  • 25 Comments
  • Nice pick up, my previously 3 star score is now 1 star and I can't get past a 2 star at the moment haha. Would be nice if there was a list of levels they changed somewhere... (Oh Julien??)
  • Edit - scrap that, I'm going mad.
  • They've changed 1-5 as well, now has ice blocks in the middle of the tower rather than wood
  • Great pickup, @threequid. I sent an email to Rovio asking for more changes. Will report back.

(Small change: The Golden Football seems to be technically numbered at 22. Probably was before, but it wasn't official.)
  • 3-6 now has wood instead of stone encasing the pig on the second structure on wheels.

Anyway thanks for making the query Slim, look forward to seeing what other tweaks there have been.
  • So right now we know that: 1-5, 3-5, and 3-6 are different. Anyone find anything else?
  • Thanks for the list. So far I've been able to improve my score on all of them.
  • There also seems to be a tweak on the "Facebook" page of Ham 'em High.

First, it seems like you MUST have a Facebook account now if you have not already "Liked" (or made the game think you liked) Angry Birds.

Also, you get a nice little message if you tap the icon and have already unlocked the levels.
  • After I completed 3-5 3 stars again w/ 109630 score, Ham 'em High facebook 3 was reduced to 2 stars! Also what is the feather 0/63 and so on under each of the 6 categories represent?
  • My stars on 1-5 were reduced from 3 to 2, my score was 101830 i presume thats close to the new threshold.

Whats the point in tweaking previous levels??
  • @flb1 can you tell me what your original 3-star score was on Ham 'em High F-3?
    Also, the earn a feather for total destruction of a level with the Mighty Eagle.

@bradders They are tweaking levels to sync them with Mac/PC. This is necessary for the Sync System rolling out soon. (Why levels were changed in the first place is a different question.)

Thanks for the info!
  • Sorry to comment again, but I think something is off on your post, @bradders. Scores on 1-5 are nowhere near 101k. Are you sure you aren't referring to 3-5?
  • 1-15. More glass and less wood on the left side and in the middle
  • Not sure if this was related to the latest update or just a glitch, but noticed my high scores on Golden Eggs 5 and 6 had been erased when entering my scores into the Leaderboards.

I still had them marked as completed, only with no high score!
  • Sounds more like a glitch. Sorry nonetheless. :(
  • @quitesimplysi Are you referring to the leaderboard here on ABN?
  • I think he means in-game. The level is starred with a 0 score showing
  • Yeah I noticed that happened to me a while back on to GE levels, can't remember which #'s they were but. All the other GE's retained my high scores but not 2 of them even though I had completed them previously..
  • @BirdLeader Sorry no, was just in-game. Probably was just a glitch and have myself some new high scores now but was just a bit weird!
  • Note: some of the easter egg levels started off as non-scorable finger puzzles and were eventually replaces with actual levels. There was never a mention of this happening that I can recall but when you load the replaced level the score will be zero. Both 5 and 6 were levels that were replaced from the originals.
  • Not Easter Eggs....
  • On the Google Chrome version, in Level 1-7 the low, leftmost horizontal piece went from wood to glass (so many of the levels are set in the desert, where I live, that I have trouble thinking of them as ice), which allowed me to up my score by 4,600 points. I'm still listing my score from the original version, however, unless and until someone says that this change has been made in other platforms or that they are reporting the higher Chrome score.
  • Oops, I meant 1-12, which AMslimfordy already noted above. In fact, that whole row went to glass. So is it correct to use the higher score (as I've done on 3-5 where my Mac version had five birds instead of 3)? Google Chrome only has level 1, so I don't know what effect the other changes have on scores, but on 1-5 my score on the original version is more than 2,000 points higher.
  • I received confirmation from Rovio that 3-5 was the ONLY level whose 3-star minimum score was changed. They also said that they will be returning the level to it's original 3-star threshold in the coming updates. But nonetheless, I encourage you to replay the level for the higher points.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!