The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2998
  • 159585 Comments
  • Thought I would pop in for some new headwear.
  • Hey Dan (your name for the moment), the crown looks good on you! And it seems more appropriate for it to be in Great Britain instead of the US...hmmmm, wonder why that is?
  • Dan Dan the mystery man. (For the moment)
  • Dan, I have never discovered a quick way to jump back to any particular page. Five pages at a time seems to be the max. And since the BP is the only thing left in the “old forum” I don’t expect any quick changes. Okay, I don’t expect any changes ... just happy the pub is still open!
  • @desperatedan there is a way that you can go back more than 5 pages at a whack Type in June in the search bar. Then scroll down it usually says what month and year post was from but not the page number. Quicker than 5 pages at a time thou
  • Would be fun to hop back 1000 pages and spy on the BP. My guess it would go back about 5 years, maybe even more. I think page 1000 would have been reached in the first year.
  • Oh, I wrote that without seeing @gumby's suggestion. I was playing with search for page 2000 but got nowhere. Come on folks, this a challenge for you all - locate page 1000 and 2000.
  • @brianN what was the answer to the comedians name. Give in don't want to Google
  • @Ixan57 my guess for My 'Boyfriend'( not husband) and friends favourite song would be 'Babylon' I believe but David Grey ¿
    https://youtu.be/YTMws6srlt0
    Now I'll poof over to page 2000 to see what the fuss is about lol ;)
  • Officially took me almost an hour, I'm on page 2000 in the 'Way Back machine' that was quite a rough '*Poof*
    Officially I've now bookmarked the page, for future and well past reference, and btw @catsnbirds way was the quickest, 5 pages at a time
    Sooo Why did I come here @DesperateDan
    *she asks a future patron, who's identity is yet unknown, but becoming clearer*
    *Poof's back to present time* hopefully with comments intact*
  • That Was NOT Easy!!
  • No intention of attempting page 1500, yes @DesperateDan We were All excited that our little pub became so popular :D
    @catsnbirds There Will be no changes as far as I can control, it's been suggested that "We move
    On Up to the East Side " ( new forum, 'groups') because the old forum is not compatible to post pictures anymore, but I said "we can live without posting pictures" we can still post the link to the picture if need be"
  • *Hangs Sign on front door*
    *Not Under Revonation*
  • Thanks @Ixan57 for your link to page 1000 ,I think I get the hint @DesperateDan :)'no intention of trying to get to page 1500 tonight, I found some alone time, albeit almost 11pm, j
    Just for the record ,I Never Purposely took the Crown, I just talked a lot lol ;)
    Again yes We were all excited as the pages turned, and I appreciate and love all the business for the last many pages turned , I think I'm getting a hint to your identity, but I won't guess until you announce it Or @Ixan57 muscles it out of you lol, OB is Surely enjoying the business :D
    I hate time zones, sorry @BrianN for my Babbling, but whatever, talk to those who created the time differences¿ There's a conundrum for ya, WHO 's Bright Idea Was that?
    And I did Google the comedian name, but keeping mum?
    Isn't about time you Blokes on the other side of the Pond are waking up??
  • G'nite :/ 'Zzzzz'
  • Wow, it took just 6 months to get to page 1000, a rate of over 5 pages per day. Then it took 18 months more to get to page 2000, the rate dropping to just below 2 pages per day. The last 1000 pages has taken 80 months, i.e. about 0.4 pages per day. In fact the last 100 pages has taken 32 months, a miserly rate of nearer to 0.1 pages a day. Over 60 times slower than those first 6 months. How did anyone keep up? However, we have picked up a bit recently, clocking the last 10 pages in under 2 months, at nearer to 0.2 pages per day.
    But as I said, that early rate sustained would find us on page 17000 now. Gulp! Cracking on towards 1 million comments.
  • Yes @kathy you got it right the rivers of babble on Boney M
  • But, hey, it's not the quantity, it's the quality. There was a lot of drivel back then. Of course, there is no drivel whatsoever now...
  • Well @desperateDan you've not heard of the adventures of whatshisfnname, wandering star, Phyllis and Donny @tompuss 's cat.
    I remember the time @kathy sent them for fire wood and ended up with fire wood and a bill from the telegraph company.
  • Also @gumby ' s place a saloon down town. Cheap booze and dancing girls supplied by @tompuss. Unfortunately someone removed the link's for posting shows/video on the BP page.
  • Well @desperateDan are you ready for the quick page turning tip or are you holding out for the dreaded PAGE 3000
  • On the run-up to Christmas:

Andrea Bocelli: "O Tannenbaum":

https://youtu.be/Xww_oaafCBA
  • Good to hear from you @tompuss
  • Off to go Christmas shopping with one of the Babblers , be back in a bit!
    Nice to see you @Tompuss :D
    And everyone ;)
  • Well I Survived the shopping with Babbler #2
    Quiet day today huh?
    @BrianN cat got your tongue?
    Shall we walk down Memory Lane?
    Ian heehee :D Phyllis and Heyyougettouttamyway , sure cost the pub a pretty penny on a few occasions with their shenanigans :D and then Donny had to get into the mix, the 3 of them... Oh my!!
    And remember @KimmieCV with her Tales of Snails heehee!!
  • @DesperateDan you Really need to learn the quick page turning trick , but..... As the Catapillar asked Alice "Who ARE You???
  • Oh yes, great song @kathy. What was the tip again?
  • Spike Milligan

A baby sardine
    Saw her first submarine
    She was scared and looked through a peep hole
    Oh come, come, come
    Said the sardine's mum
    It's only a tin full of people

• Lol @DesperateDan you'll have to ask Alice heehee, or @Ixan57, I've just used @Catsnbirds tip, 5 pages at a time, OR you can go to page 1 and start at the beginning as Glinda advised Dorothy
    OR you can answer the question? ¿? It's all a riddle you know.. @BrianN likes riddles, maybe he can find the answer..:/
  • Never heard that one ..
  • It's not Donald.
    Thank goodness.

BTW, we have to fill up page 3000 first.
  • Almost there..I promise I won't call you Donald.. Babbler #2 ex husband is Donald junior, her son is Donald the Third, and her grandson is Donald the 4th but we just call him D4 lol
    So good your Not A Donald , quite enough...
  • You call him DR lol? What an odd name.
  • @kathy And the teenagers causing a ruckus, until they eventually opened their own place! And the aviary in the back, such a fun place to visit with the birds. I hadn’t been on page one in a while, enjoy the new menu and drinks :-)
    Dan (for now): I thought the deal was we had to reach page 3000, not fill it! Yes, I’m glad your name isn’t Donald either. Would be a pain to always be compared to ... a duck.
  • Not lame enough.
  • I must stop this, not used to real time conversations. Off to bed now. Hope @briann hasn't fallen off his ladder. All this #2 business. What about lurker#2 then?
  • Lol No @DesperareDan no D4 we call him, my auto-correct takes over lol!
    Ohh yeah @Catsnbirds The freaking teenagers lol!! Then we created the BP junior, that didn't work out so well either :/
  • And Yeah That Was the deal!! Reach page 3000 not fill it, but eventually we will, maybe everyone will come and help us celebrate .. that would be nice :D
    Dan Forever???
    Nighty Night Dan Sweet Dreams....
  • Here's something I just listened to on Pandora. So appropriate for today's messed up world:
    https://youtu.be/LCCiwPEdEpg
  • We're almost there, @kathy! ❤
  • Great Tune @Sweetp and Yes appropriate! Brought tears to my eyes!
    Imagine 3000 pages for Our little pub in the Big Wide Nest
  • My emojis don't work here if I'm on my tablet, strange, if I switch to my phone they will..
    Not emojis, just keyboard symbols, I don't have them on my tablet..
  • @DesperateDan Give Twiggy a snuggle from me.. ♡ she'll probably fit right in with Phyllis, Heyyougettouttamyway and Donny, 'cept Donny is a Cat¿I'm sure they'll make fast friends :D
Post in the New Forum!