The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2436
  • 159649 Comments
  • @Rat Yeah. I can send that lavasteroid so close to the upper blocks that the pigs get a suntan, but I've never gotten above 80k on shot #1. BUT, I have gotten all four top crystals with the second shot. You say that's almost impossible, so I'll make it up there.
  • *rushes in and straightens @Mumsie42's yarn bins, fluffs up her pillow on the rocking chair, places a new blanket throw on the chair to keep her warm, and makes sure she has a sufficient supply of duster handles*

OB, when @Mumsie42 arrives, please make sure she has a hearty meal and enough G&T on hand. She's going to be quite busy making a large batch of dusters! Thank you!
  • Ohhh! Almost forgot it's already Whine Tuesday on the other side of the pond!

*grabs baskets of earplugs and places one by the front door, two on the bar, one in each booth, and another near the back gameroom.*

Whew! Now that's all set up, I can relax. Time for good night everyone!

• Relax today @Mumsie. I predict a lull in the puppies. If you have one duster on hand, you already have one more than you'll need. It's my gift to you for helping the Dawgs win Saturday. Where'd you learn to ring a cowbell so well. Are you sure your not from the South originally?

Thanks for setting up everything @SweetP. @Ma's been a little frayed around the edges. You didn't happen to see a dented flashlight laying about did you? vvvvv v
  • *slaps forehead*
    @Rat9, thanks for reminding me about that flashlight! Oh my gosh I can't find it, and OB hasn't seen it lately either. I'll have to get a new one today!

See you later, hope you're feeling better these days.

* rushes out mumbling expletives under her breath*
  • @sweetp whining tuesday, here is one: playing almost a week Ham Dunk 2-4. Can't get above average, can't get the eagle (ball), argh. Whiiiiiiinnnniiieeeee.
    Btw, good evening to you all
  • Hate that it happened, but that NASA rocket exploding sure is some great video.
  • @kel the good news it was unmanned so you aren't watching people lose their lives. Still it's not a good day. This was not a NASA rocket, that went away with the Shuttle. This was a 'commercial' rocket that NASA paid to use. This could be the end of that company, and likely even fewer rocket launches from the US for a while. Expect the Russians to hike the Soyuz/Progress ride cost up several more mil.
  • Hey everyone :) OB I'll have a PigKiller please:)
    *jumps up and down excitedly @Sweetp Thanks for the fancy new flashlights !! I was wwondering what happened to mine I think i must have flung it somewhere in the River lol that was a while back or maybe it was the harbour can't remember exactly. .but ooohh ty I will take good care of them:) good idea to keep one hidden lol. And ty for putting out the earplugs:)
    @bernersenn nice to see you sorry the ham dunk giving you trouble tis a tough episode it is!:/
  • I just saw that @ABCrazy I'm waiting for the update but yes they said it was unmanned.. good to know it wasn't a Nasa rocket I was thinking of all the billions of taxpayer dollars going up in flames!
  • @ABcrazy I was aware of that. :) Had anyone been injured or worse, I wouldn't have made that comment. It's a shame. I always liked the Antares.

Just hope there's not a repeat performance with Rosetta/Philae on Nov 12.
  • Hi @Kathy It's still a lot of taxpayer dollars in a ball of flames..... More like millions. It's also another bad blow for what's left of the space program. And I happen to have a connection to the 'Houston school's experiment on pea growth' that was on there.
  • @ABcrazy any idea how much each of those rockets costs? All I could find was the $470M+ development cost.
  • @kel it's ok SpaceX will save the day:-). Far less likely to get a giant fireball failure with Rosetta/Philae for many reasons.
  • @kel you need to search for the payload cost, or what it costs per lb. is how things are accounted for these days.
    Edit: if you are trying to determine taxpayer cost that is. Good luck finding a single reliable #
  • Fireball/cloud of icy dust = same outcome :P
  • @kel Despite Hollywood imagery, FIREball highly unlikely in the vacuum of space. No oxidizer. Unless it's part of the fuel system and the amount needed to rendezvous would not be enough to create a spectacular fireball. Sorry. Or not?
  • Sorry I got sidetracked by dinner .. so even though 'commercial' is still taxpayer funded hmm
    Well thankfully it was unmanned anyway I don't really know a lot about the space program but I'm sure a guy at work will fill me in tomorrow in the meantime
    @Kelani ty for help today I'll try not to bug you to much on my revisit tthrough space; )
  • @ABcrazy I know that :P I was referring to catastrophic failure. They are taking odds in vegas that the lander will bounce off the comet and float away.

edit: probably just a cloud of inert gas in this case.
  • Yeah @kel Let them make those odds. If it is a catastrophic failure, there won't be any video as the available video machinery and data transmitting devices will be destroyed as a result of the failure. No? It would be like the tree falling in the forest.....
  • More like, if an expensive probe crashes into a comet, will I still be able to hear the profanity being screamed from the ESA control room? :)
  • @kel Only if you have the right network connections. you? I might puts some odds on that. ;-)
  • I'm thankful, if somewhat amused, that I find out about a lot of news in the BP!
  • @Rat -- @Mumsie wasn't knitting furiously for new puppy badges. Thankfully maybe none today.
    However, did you look at the badges and ranking group today? A huge number of new badges.
  • Ohmy OB b what was inn that PigKiller? My eyes are closing on me and it's only just past 10 :/ I think I must say goodnight. .shortly
  • Night Ma
  • Night-night @Kathy and sweet dreams!

*gathers up Kathy's flashlight and tucks it under her pillow, adds a new scented wax block to her wax warmer "Very Peary Pumpkin - Sweet nashi pear, freshly picked pumpkin, tart green apple and toasted spices are carried on a breeze of crisp autumn air." A very nice light fragrance that reminds me of hot cider and pumpkin pie! This will see her safely to dreamland.*
  • @SweetP It may have sent Ma to Dreamland, but it sent me to the kitchen for a snack.
  • @rat Some early morning cats for you!

http://youtu.be/bDuLeXx2Gv0
  • Rio update? I got notification from Google play that's there an update . Anyone else ?
    That happened last well t inn seasons also but i didn't see anything here ?
  • No @Kathy. I don't see any update from Google Play. You got that hoodoo voodoo again?
  • Thanks for the cute video link @TomPuss! That brought back a lot of good memories of my kitty when she used to nonchalantly walk up on my desk and lie on the papers I was working on, or on my keyboard.
  • Thanks for the video @TomPuss. They do love to "help" you work. ha ha
  • I see some big eyes on that @Rat
  • That's my Halloween mask @Kelani. I'm the Space man, Marvin the Martian.

Edit: Actually, it's my coffee cup.
  • Love the avatar Pa you will have a face on the wall of fame hee her.

Thanks for the video @TomPuss omgiraffe my kitty Always got on my desk and keyboard the minute I got in my chair lol;)
    Thanks for taking care of my flashlight @Sweetp and mmmm what lovely comfirting scents to drift off to dreamland even though they sent pa to the kitchen lol
    OB I'll have a nice Cold PigKiller please and a platter of Cold Cuts with Ham and anything else made from lil' green piggies ;/ this episode is tough !
  • @Rat Heh, I remember Marvin. It's a cute mug, and will be a constant reminder that you have a sense of whimsy. :)
  • Howdy all :)

Just quickly browsing the current page, I take it all are well, or at least no worse than the last time I dropped in. I hope I am right, because, well, I came here to brag. Yes, you heard me!

Today, I took the leap, and traded in my iPad 3 for an iPad Air 2! To top it off, I broke in the new iPad by topping one of my top scores by 5k :)

My poor old iPad 3 simply did not have enough storage, and the iPad Air 2 had some nice features I was craving, like glare reduction and increased performance.

The downside, I will have to wait a while longer to replace my too-small-tv. Oh well, I can always move my chair a bit closer...again
  • Hey @BPC nice to see you:) Wtg improved device And topped your top score woohoo!!
    OB a round of drinks for all (including lurkers) ;)
  • *rushes in spinning ...*Woohoo yaya @Pa I got a top score inn Cold Cuts level #9 yay woopeee yeeehaaa!!
    Ohh sorry @beutifulvvorld it was an accident ;/ I got lucky ;)
  • *hands flashlight to OB for safekeeping*
    Night Pa
  • @rat Love the avy! And happy you, @SweetP and @kathy liked those little helpers -:)

@all You'll be glad to know my back's better at last. But wouldn't you know it - now I got "housemaid's knee " -(bursitis). . . boy, it hurts! I'm in bed just now with ice-pack on affected part. . .

Here's our charming Italian artist drawing a black cat on a dark night, a Hallowe'n special:

http://youtu.be/TDFwmr4Jghk

Love, hugz and purrs xoxo
  • WTG @Ma. Great score on CC-9.
    Thanks for whooping up on @Romo. He jumped ahead of me in Beak Impact #1 again. I wish he'd beat me in #2 instead of #1. All my scores are already in the top six in #1. Points are scarce. There's more room to find points in #2. But noooooooo! He likes #1. I added them up. There's less than 24k available if we top score every level.

@Estar I put a big picture of Marvin in my album for you.
  • Wooott Woot Pa hmm maybe I'll skip ahead to the beaks hee hee .. in the meantime
    Back to bed for me.. nighty night. ♡
  • So good to hear your back's better @TomPuss. But, sad you've got bursitis in your knees. Hope the icepacks help with the pain and swelling and you'll be dancing with joy again!

WTG @Kathy on your top score! Glad you liked the new scent. It's a nice light fragrance, does get you salivating. (Sorry @rat, didn't mean to get you that hungry!)

Congrats @BPC on getting your new iPad! Good to see you again.
Post in the New Forum!