The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2382
  • 159649 Comments
  • @estar So, what you're really saying is, people just don't trust you to handle kitchen knives? :) If hubby's a good cook, sounds like you got the better deal. I'd rather clean toilets all day than load a dishwasher. Yuck.
  • hahahaha @kelani right indeed and he eats only because he has to, no joy in that for him, result... he only cooks stuff I like !!!! And the way I like it, so I certainly got the better deal, even more so because he IS the dishwasher :p
  • @Cosmo2503 @Maiasatara -- I don't think Maiastara is getting notifications in this forum, but I also don't think she was talking about you. When she first asked about suspicious scores, she mentioned that it was someone new, not someone she knew and respected.
    I haven't entered scores on the leaderboard, but since Cosmo is my FB friend for Epic, she also appears on my Stella scoreboard internal to the game. It didn't surprise me that she was first on just about every level. It did surprise me when I beat her on one level, and I don't use telepods or swaps.
    In my opinion, which counts for nothing, Cosmo should leave her scores in. After all, they are rapidly being overtaken by people who probably use multiple swaps, so unless ABN figures out how to remove those, the leaderboard is useless for a fair competition. May the richest person and/or the best hacker win!
    @Maiasatara -- I started a game-only FB account, so if you want to compete with people you know, you could friend me on FB. I would advise starting a separate FB account for gaming only, although many people don't. I could suggest some other players I know if you want more than one person to "compete" with. I guess I ought to tell you that I am not competing for high scores in either Stella or Epic, so may not give you what you're looking for.
    @Rat @Kelani -- BTW, I know Cosmo is a she, and I suspect Maiasatara is also.
  • @BeautifulVVorld -- Happy Birthday!
    Hope your birthday present wasn't taking back 1st from @Rat.
  • @mvnla2 Pretty sure Maiasatara is female, but I didn't know cosmo was also. Whoops. I called her he many times this week. Sorry about that @cosmo2503 I'm an idiot.

Yeah, HER scores should be fine, but since I got this unpleasant news from Rovio, it seems the multi-swappers scores are also perfectly legal. They're using the game as Rovio intended. No idea if those multi-swap scores will still be allowed. Admins are aware of the situation, though, so we'll see.
  • @Kelani -- Just finished all levels of Stella; but don't have 3 stars in all yet.
    All in all, it's fun. The gameplay is quite different, and some birds take some time to get used to. I may not have mastered some of them yet.
    I do play with the sound off (as with all games).
    Back to Epic, where I'm still not getting free rolls on friends' pig machines. If no one else here is playing Epic, this won't make much sense, but...
  • I am sorry for the quick exit, but need to get my behind towards bed and close my eyes, usually takes me/us at least an hour. So I should be able to close them before 1:30AM... I hope, 7AM the alarmclock goes off again, blechhhh

night night my birdie friends, as always a pleasure seeing all of you!
  • Happy birthday @bernersenn ! Did you ask for two more ipads, so you can run four of them? :)
  • Happy birdday @Bernersenn :)
    Also happy birdday to @BeautifulVVorld :) (am I late or not? ... those time zones)
  • @Annifrid nope. Bern and you are in the same time zone, so his bday just started. @Romo's 7 hours ahead of you, so I think you're good there, as well.
  • @bernersenn -- Happy Birthday! Hope you have an extra special day, with some good flinging luck.
  • @kelani -- No, no chance I know "Steve" from "Wichita". If no one else does by tomorrow morning, please tell.
  • @maiasatara might know it, but if nobody does, I'll tell tomorrow.
    hint: It's a line from a popular TV show.
  • anybody home?
  • just got finished working, figured I'd stop in for a bit
  • Happy Birthday @bernersenn! !! Hope all your wishes come true and your day is wonderful!
  • My B-Day was last month
  • I can't find Angry Birds Stella on google play runinng 4.4 android
    Nexus 7 1st Gen
  • @AEX10 I went to google play, searched for Stella and it was the first link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirdsstella&hl=en

on app store it was also hard to find.
  • @Jkhab69 -- Surprised no one said "Hi" to you! Unfortunately, I'm about to pop out for the evening.
    @Kathy @AEX10 @kelani
  • Well good night BP
    Bye @kelani
    Geting sleepy ;)
  • Night @mvnla2 don't let @Rat eat your Breadcrumbs ;p
  • @jkhab69 sorry, I didn't see you come in. Been a very busy day :)
  • I'm sorry @jkhab69 I was rushing in and out no excuse !!
    OB please serve jkhab69 anything wanted for the rest of the week and weekend on my account!
  • @AEX10 happy belated birthday. .have you added your name in the birthday forum?
  • Really getting late..had aloong day mostly stuck in traffic:(
    Have a great night all and a good day tomorrow. .
    Night all

Night @Pa
  • Night Ma
  • Another quite morning (at least it's morning in CA). Where is everyone?
  • Quick dash in as real life is taking over - Happy Birthday @Bernersenn

@e-star goodies look fab
    @Tompuss - glad you are home safe and sound (is your luggage home too?) great pic - so pleased you enjoyed yourself
    hi and bye jkhab69 please also have a drink on me - I've hardly been in myself recently - as I say real life is ......!!!!
    @Kathy - stuck in traffic has to be one of the worst ways of spending time - unless you're not driving and can fling!
    hi @mvlna2, @kelani and of course my favourite dance partner Mr @Rat!!

OB - I'd love to stay and chat but..........
  • My B-Day is 3 Days Before @rdnzlrips82 B-Day! ;)
  • @mumsie Luggage due back in a few days' time. . All vibes and incantations welcome for its safe return!

@AEX10 aawww, just too late for your birdday. . but good things happen to those who wait -:)
  • To @all many thanks for the birthday wishes. I will not mention names to avoid missing one. Didn't enjoy today, had to work, lots of work. But... the weekend isn't that far - then we will have fun.
  • @kelani two more Ipad's? No, no, mostly I play on one of them. The other one I use once in a while when this one is talking about low battery.
    About low battery, what to think about low space, today IOS 8 has arrived. The update procedure says that I had to clean up first - it needs 5,7 GB of free space. I will try it again connected to the pc - to see if Itunes hasn't that problem. Otherwise I will have to clean it up - and that is dangerous when you don't know where all that stuff is used.
  • @bernersenn wow. 5.7GB on a 16GB ipad would be rough. I don't think mine's had more than 1.5GB of free space since the day I got it. Are there any amazing benefits to upgrading? I haven't checked to see what's new in 8.

Too bad about working on your bday. Hopefully you'll have a great weekend to make up for it. :)
  • @bernersenn -- I updated to IOS 8 yesterday without problem. I did do a complete update first (IOS 7 is what caused iPad to crash and me to lose 6 mo of AB progress). However, I don't think I have a huge amount of stuff on my iPad. I also have deleted several games that I don't play anymore, especially if I lost progress on them.
  • HaPpY BiRdDaY @bernersenn! Hope you have a terrific time celebrating this weekend!
  • Nice!
    wish I could go on vacation ;)
  • I can't get ios 8 or 7 Dose not work on my iPod 4th Gen :(
  • @TomPuss yay for snow-capped peaks. :) And Mr. Huey is quite the photographer. Thanks for that. I needed that after a (so far) stressful day :)
  • Ok here we go again.
    @tompuss I don't usually celebrate my birdday during the week. Reasons is simple: because I have to work I also have to get out of my nest early. Then there is a normal day, taking care of the dogs (between the work - mostly I'm working at home, connected to Atos via a VPN connection). Then at night when all the duties are done, I mostly do some flinging. But, but... There is also something like weekend. That is the time for celebrating and that is what we are going to do.
    About that Rügenbräu: thanks for mentioning it, brings back sweet memories. Although I took some of it to home, I can tell that this was disappearing as snow for the sun (bad english).
    Let us wait for your pictures - can't wait to see them. We saw already two of them, as @kelani said, "good photography". The coulisse is extreme beautiful (to my opinion).
    @mvnla2 @kelani : upgrade is done. My dear wife saw me struggling - took away the Ipad from me and coupled it to her pc. Amazing, backup is done, IOS is installed. A nice feature I already saw is that when you (for instance) goto this forum, the address bars disappear, leaving more room for text. That's a nice feature.
    And the most important of all: AB is running well, started a few games, looked at the scores. Looks fine. The Iphone will be done tomorrow, since I don't like that device. Buttons to small for my fingers, screen to small for my eyes. Yes, it's fine to have a phonecall.
    For now, I'm leaving you all. Can you imagine, didn't fling just 1 bird today! That's years ago that this happened.
    @all have a nice thursday, OB serve these people what they want. Nighty nighty
  • @AEX10 Hate updates - staying right where I am on iOS6.
    Updated YouTube - found they'd taken away the "Liked video" listing. . there's progress for you -:(

@kelani Begone, dull care. . Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • @kelani Great news report, lol, I love it!
    @EStar, time you checked in!
    nighty night to @all you lovely Nesters
    xoxo
Post in the New Forum!